Page 48 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2338454647484950515873 ... LastLast

• DLR Softie

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Looking for the Mon or Wed (looking to utilize Extra Magic Hour for DCA) in January that will offer the shortest line times for the day; I understand that the predicted crowd levels for certain days may warrant a very limited staff, which would increase line times, so I'm looking for that special Mon / Wed in January that we can pretty much walk on / off everything..

Also, must be a day that the HM is out of refurb, which it looks like she'll be back up 01/18..

Thanks!!

*** LOL, N/M - Looks like 1/28 would pretty much be it.. ***
    Last edited by HM 339; 12-19-2012 at 08:16 AM.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by HM 339 View Post
    *** LOL, N/M - Looks like 1/28 would pretty much be it.. ***
    You are right that that will be the slowest M-W in January when the HM is operating.

I'm going to suggest you consider the week before. Monday will be moderately crowded, but will offer night hours and fireworks. On the Tuesday and Wednesday crowds will be light enough to get plenty of rides in.

While some attractions reduce capacity in slow times this isn't true on most attractions. You can't take the horses off the carousel or rockets off Astro Orbiter like you can the trains off the Matterhorn.

WOW swampy thanks again. So by around 7PM that stuff around PP starts closing for WoC?!?! We actually might not bother with WoC, I mean we like a good show but my kids are probably not at all up for waiting around to see it. (Almost certain of this). Given that those rides close around 7pm for 2.5 hours, if we don't need to see WoC then a Park Hopper might be well worth it!

Thanks again. Crazy stuff, help most appreciated. I'm a bit of a DL expert but DCA? Clueless.

BTW we went IN THE RAIN to DL a couple years ago near Christmas. It's one of the big reasons I struggle to get my kids back there again. THe experience was horrific. The crowds (and I've been every Christmas since 1992) were JUST as bad as normal except we were all getting SOAKED and it was COLD. Some rides and attractions closed down around 6pm due to water damage, even Captain EO had several rows of seats closed due to water coming in! (We just HAD to go in for a while to get out of the wet and the cold).

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around View Post
    WOW swampy thanks again. So by around 7PM that stuff around PP starts closing for WoC?!?! We actually might not bother with WoC, I mean we like a good show but my kids are probably not at all up for waiting around to see it. (Almost certain of this). Given that those rides close around 7pm for 2.5 hours, if we don't need to see WoC then a Park Hopper might be well worth it!

Thanks again. Crazy stuff, help most appreciated. I'm a bit of a DL expert but DCA? Clueless.
    If you don't want to do WoC with the good park viewing, there is a spot that is ok right in front of the little Meraid you can view from. You may just want to walk around the peir while it's going on, just to be in the area, not watch the show but enjoy the atmosphere. Or if you have some FPs use them then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around View Post
    BTW we went IN THE RAIN to DL a couple years ago near Christmas. It's one of the big reasons I struggle to get my kids back there again. THe experience was horrific. The crowds (and I've been every Christmas since 1992) were JUST as bad as normal except we were all getting SOAKED and it was COLD. Some rides and attractions closed down around 6pm due to water damage, even Captain EO had several rows of seats closed due to water coming in! (We just HAD to go in for a while to get out of the wet and the cold).
    What happens with rain, and we are getting into this season, is it sometimes falls for multiple days instead of random showers. When it first starts falling the parks get quiet, but after a day like that the crowds return, because people have ticket and aren't going to spend two days in their hotel rooms. It's a problem that exist over vacation periods, but during the slow times parks stay quiet for the duration of storms.

If the forecast looks wet, come prepared. Bring rain boots if you have them, or keep a second pair of shoes and socks handy so you aren't stuck with wet feet all day. Ponchos, raincoats and unbrellas at the ready too. It can be a good day to invest in a locker so you can switch out clothing and store the dry/wet stuff.

How are the crowds MLK weekend? Are they moderate or busy? We were there last weekend dec 14 & 15. Would you expect similar crowds? We have a 16 mo old.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bstone76 View Post
    How are the crowds MLK weekend? Are they moderate or busy? We were there last weekend dec 14 & 15. Would you expect similar crowds? We have a 16 mo old.
    They would of been very close but probably worse on MLK weekend comparing it to last weekend. The reason is the wet weather we had. If MLK is wet it will be slower but if nice and dry worse.

We're considering a trip out from Phoenix somewhere between January 2nd - January 5th. Any idea what the crowd level might be between Rose Bowl and the last week of Christmas break? Any insight and advice would be welcome. Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by LateralG View Post
    We're considering a trip out from Phoenix somewhere between January 2nd - January 5th. Any idea what the crowd level might be between Rose Bowl and the last week of Christmas break? Any insight and advice would be welcome. Thanks!
    It will be very busy. There are still tons of schools on break and thier families will be there.

Use FP very well, show up early, stay late and take midday breaks if you need them.

Thanks!

I thought I would ask this here because it pertains to crowds and I'm afraid to start a new thread.

I intend to upgrade my passes to DLX AP (w/ payment plan) when I visit on New Year's Eve. What is the best way to do this? Forgo the day pass and head directly to the ticketing booth to purchase the passports in the morning, or leave the park later in the day (risking readmission and having longer ticket booth lines) and upgrading?

Thank you!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by nevertrace View Post
    I thought I would ask this here because it pertains to crowds and I'm afraid to start a new thread.

I intend to upgrade my passes to DLX AP (w/ payment plan) when I visit on New Year's Eve. What is the best way to do this? Forgo the day pass and head directly to the ticketing booth to purchase the passports in the morning, or leave the park later in the day (risking readmission and having longer ticket booth lines) and upgrading?
    Do you have the day tickets or not, this may present a problem?

The thing is there may be a risk that the parks reach capacity. The first thing that happens when capacity closures are an issue is they close the ticket booths. So you may want to prepurchase tickets online, or be there well into the morning.

If you just buy your AP straight away, it only take a minute longer so it should be better to do than visiting the booths twice. If not a booth should be open to let you upgrade later in the day just ask CMs to help find it since it may not be obvious.

If you notice the booths closing, signs noting the parks are full, warnings that you may not be able to reenter after leaving just stay put so you don't get locked out. Around the afternoon parade time is when you may get shut out. If you leave or hop make sure you get your handstamped.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Do you have the day tickets or not, this may present a problem?

The thing is there may be a risk that the parks reach capacity. The first thing that happens when capacity closures are an issue is they close the ticket booths. So you may want to prepurchase tickets online, or be there well into the morning.

If you just buy your AP straight away, it only take a minute longer so it should be better to do than visiting the booths twice. If not a booth should be open to let you upgrade later in the day just ask CMs to help find it since it may not be obvious.

If you notice the booths closing, signs noting the parks are full, warnings that you may not be able to reenter after leaving just stay put so you don't get locked out. Around the afternoon parade time is when you may get shut out. If you leave or hop make sure you get your handstamped.
    I haven't purchased the tickets yet. I had intended to purchase the tickets (1 day, 1 park) online or in a store and arrive very early, before 7 am. I also do not plan to park hop. I will have lunch at Story Teller's - am I risking not being able to re-enter DCA?

From your suggestion, I believe that you're saying visiting the booths to purchase the AP or purchasing the APs w/ payment plan online are the best options. There will be three APs purchased total. Two are renewals. They too will be enter on this blackout day?

Eurgh, sorry for the questions. I called Disney and they gave me very ambiguous answers.

• Under that tree again!

There will be some concern you may not be able to get back in after going to Story Teller's for lunch. It's hard to say what will happen, until it does. When capacity is being reached for a park, they stop selling tickets, then if worse stop allowing new entry to guest with tickets in hand and APs, then later stop allowing renentry, then if worse nobody is let in. It would suck to miss your reservation, but if you see the ticket booths closed, or sings saying handstamps only, you may want to stay in the parks. Also because there is DCA, and DL it may happen at one or the other or both.

In the past DL reached capacity first, but DCA is a lot busier than in years past and it could be first and it could happen in both parks.

On the day you purchase an AP and activate it by going in, it doesn't matter if it's blocked out on that day. For the renewals they can be blocked. Are they renewing to get $20 off or did thier pass lapse? If their old passes are no longer good just get new ones or do a ticket upgrade so they won't be blocked out. Losing $20 is better than paying $70 for a blockout day ticket.

How crazy will it be on the 4th? We plan on going with the baby to show him the Christmas stuff before they take everything down. I figure the weekend will be nuts but perhaps the 4th won't be so bad, as I know public schools go back right after the 1st (or did when I was in high school 10 years ago!).

Also, on the 28th-30th? Going for my yearly birthday trip. I figure it'll be quiet as usual.