Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieSmith View Post
    We have three day park hopper passes. What days would be the best to use our park hopper?

We want to make sure that we are able to see the most during our time there; rides, shows, fireworks and characters.

We will have several adults and a few kiddos. It has been a long time since we have done Disneyland with kiddos
    How did you get your tickets? If you don't have something else planned it may be nice to add a 4th day even if it's just for part of your arrival day. In any case to skip what crowds you can, because there will be crowds the whole time, go on Monday and Tuesday. Also either Saturday or Sunday, use the other day for the swimming pool.

All the days, since busy will have the same long hours, and full entertainment.

If some of the kids can't ride the bigger rides, use Rider Swap. "The Rider Swap program allows multiple adults to experience an attraction while one adult waits with a child. You then "swap" to enable the other adult to enjoy the attraction." Just ask a Cast Member at the entrance of an attraction for a Rider Swap card and they will instruct you on what to do to use one.

• Disney Obsessed

What do you guys think of this weekend? being the one before valentines day? Busy or not so much??

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Touring Plans lists it as a 6 for Friday & Saturday and a 5 for Sunday. So medium crowds.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    What do you guys think of this weekend? being the one before valentines day? Busy or not so much??
    All weekends are busy. Valentines won't make any significant contribution to the crowds.

What may make it one of the quiestest weekends of the year is the small chance of rain on Saturday, though wind may cancel the fireworks. Sunday should be nice and could be busier than normal if Saturday gets enough rain to make crowds hold off.

I am coming down with my extended family in Anaheim April 29 through May 4 and we are using the Southern California City Pass. I hope it is not that busy but wanted opinions on which days we should do Disney, Universal Studios, and Sea World. Don't worry about travel days. We are flying in on April 28 and flying out on May 5.

What will the crowd level be on those days and what days will be best to go to what parks.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by JoyNoelle View Post
    April 29 through May 4

which days we should do Disney, Universal Studios, and Sea World.

What will the crowd level be on those days and what days will be best to go to what parks.
    For each park it's going to be much busier on Sunday the 29th and calm on the rest of the days.

It would be simplest to do this SW, USH then DLR. I wouldn't do that, even though it makes the driving simpler.

You should end on the high note, which will be Disney. However in this case you should also start with Disney too. Sunday will likely be the only day with long hours at Disneyland which means the only night that would host Fantasmic and Fireworks.

So I would spend the 29th at Disneyland Resort. The 30th and 1st at either USH or SW. Then the 2nd and 3rd at DLR.

• Disney Obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    All weekends are busy. Valentines won't make any significant contribution to the crowds.

What may make it one of the quiestest weekends of the year is the small chance of rain on Saturday, though wind may cancel the fireworks. Sunday should be nice and could be busier than normal if Saturday gets enough rain to make crowds hold off.

thanks. I know weekends are busy... but I was curious is the vday coming up would impact the park attendance... like it will next weekend because it's a holiday weekend. Super excited that vday wont add even more crowds I love the rain and hope it DOES rain not just because its clears the parks out but because I'm from AZ and well we just don't get it enough! haha.

• Lost in Wonderland

I am planning on going the week of Feb 27th - March 3rd. I haven't decided if I am going to skip the Leap Year 24 hour shindig on Tues Feb 29th or go.

Has Disneyland done this before? Because from my recollection they haven't, but I could have always missed that.

Is that day going to be busy? Because usually Tuesdays aren't busy-- but I do like to avoid the crowds and am already going to be doing Disney on Friday just because its the only day I am there they are offereing Fantasmic and the fireworks.

So yay or nay? Any suggestions? Any statistics behind this? Thanks guys

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by adormouse View Post
    I am planning on going the week of Feb 27th - March 3rd. I haven't decided if I am going to skip the Leap Year 24 hour shindig on Tues Feb 29th or go.

Has Disneyland done this before? Because from my recollection they haven't, but I could have always missed that.

Is that day going to be busy? Because usually Tuesdays aren't busy-- but I do like to avoid the crowds and am already going to be doing Disney on Friday just because its the only day I am there they are offereing Fantasmic and the fireworks.

So yay or nay? Any suggestions? Any statistics behind this? Thanks guys
    There is a lot of speculation about this day. Yes Disneyland Park has hosted a 24 hour event before. It was a long time ago and hardly relevant to today's crowd patterns.

While there may be tons of talk about this event, in reality it's the biggest park fans talking about it, on places like MC. For regular guests for are making special trips to be there. Just because someone lives locally doesn't mean they will skip school or work to go.

I suspect there will be a bunch of people who go to opening, then to work. Then it's a pretty normal day until school get out and work ends. A very busy evening. As it gets late 10 pm, 12 am and 2am. Lots of people leave, because they have to get up in the morning for school and work. Leaving only the superfans who could go for the very late hours.

So far www.disneyland.com show normal Tuesday entertainment, nothing special, nothing at the extra early of late hours. I have read maybe on MC or elsewhere about Dining locations hours. It sounds like late at night all lands will be open, except maybe Toontown. The dining locations will have staggered closings in the 2am to 5am period. This indicates that at least most of the park will be open pretty late, but may close before 6am.

I would go to take part in it, see the sunrise and sunset twice in One Disney Day. Take part in a special experience. Sleep a lot on the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    thanks. I know weekends are busy
    Vday isn't a real holiday in that we get off work or out of school for it. That why is doesn't bring a large number of extra guests. While some people will use DL as the location of thier VDay date, there are many people in the park right now on dates too.

I always try to note weekends are busy, irregardless of time of year, because often times people forget or aren't aware DLR is largely for locals and locals can easily visit when school is out or thier days off work, which includes all weekends for almost everyone. Keep in mind I don't just post to help you, but to help lurkers too.

• Lost in Wonderland

Thanks swampymarsh for your response! I really appreciate it!

Hey everyone!

We just booked 3 nights at the HoJo Anaheim at the great AP rate of $59 a night for February 25th, 26th, 27th and checkout on the 28th. We will be at DL on the 25th, 26th, and 27th but we're contemplating staying 1 more day (so checkout on the 29th) but we're not sure what the crowds will be like on the day before the 24 hour day. It's going to be $100 more a night to stay another night so that really eats into our budget, but if it shouldn't be crowded on the 28th we may go ahead and do it.

So what do you guys think, will it be crowded on the 28th? Should we stay the extra day?

edit: Just wanted to add, a couple posts up it mentions Tuesday the 29th, however the 29th is actually Wednesday. The 28th is actually Tuesday.

^i don't think it will be busy at all on the 28th and tuesday is one of the slowest days of the week. touringplans is amazing and totally worth the small price you pay for it. they also say it will be real slow

Quote Originally Posted by cbconglom View Post
    ^i don't think it will be busy at all on the 28th and tuesday is one of the slowest days of the week. touringplans is amazing and totally worth the small price you pay for it. they also say it will be real slow
    Thanks cbconglom! We actually just signed up with touringplans. It was a little confusing at first because it showed some dates (the next 30 days I think) and I wasn't quite sure how to use the site. We're going to be back in October for sure, and maybe May or June so I thought it was worth it.

So we made the decision to stay the extra day!! We're so excited to put our AP's to use finally!

Touring Plans just changed their estimate for DCA on Tuesday, March 6 from a 2.3 to a 4.3 and DL dropped a little - does anyone know why there is a bump that day? March 5 is unchanged.

• 東京ディズニーシーに行きたい

How terrible will it be this upcoming Sunday? My boyfriend and I are celebrating our one year anniversary on the 19th and he made reservations for the Blue Bayou, unbeknownst to him that it was Presidents' Day weekend.

Photo Via jdhilger

Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055 ... LastLast