Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by krpink View Post
    Is tomorrow, Jan. 7, still supposed to be not too crowded? I just checked Disneyland's hours and was surprised to see its only open 10am-8pm. One of our main goals is to finally ride RSR. Does anyone know if those Fastpasses are still running out pretty quickly?

Thank you!
    It shouldn't be busy at all but conservatively don't expect to be able to get a RSR after 11:30. When the offseason started back in September the RSR FPs at best last around 2 hours after distribution started at regular opening. However the standby line, and SR line wait times shrunk down to around 60 and 15 minutes.

Hopefully now that hundreds of thousands of guests made thier first visit since Carsland opened, over the Holiday Season, the wait drops more and the FPs last longer. We'll just have to wait and see how it works out.

• Disneyland Dreamin'

Happened across this forum the other day and it's such a great resource!

We are finally getting back to Disneyland for the first time since 1999 and it's the first trip for my kids ages 8, 8 and 9 and they don't know it yet! I am way more excited than they know and can't be sure I can keep the secret!

We will be there from April 14-17, 2013. Anything i should be aware of then crowd-wise? I already know Big Thunder will be closed.

Thanks in advance!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by SaabR View Post
    We will be there from April 14-17, 2013. Anything i should be aware of then crowd?
    Welcome to Micechat! Glad you found this board you may learn tons of hints and tips. Read lots of trip reports to see what experiences you want to emulate. Ask general or specific questions when you have them.

Since those are your days and you have school age children you may know this. That is the end of Spring Break for some schools, and the break for some nontraditional school schedules too. It's mildly busy not quiet, and not busy. Sunday will be busy but the weekend better. I'd call it a good time to go, not great, not ok but good. The reason is you get a little bit of crowding, but a little longer hours and fuller entertainment.

Since you have big kids, you will want to focus on the big/fast rides. Know how to use FastPass very well. Check the first post and read the last couple pages of "The Joy of FastPass" thread. Recheck that thread every now and then until your so you are up to date.

Feb 7-10 or feb 28- mar 3?

• Disneyland Dreamin'

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Since you have big kids, you will want to focus on the big/fast rides. Know how to use FastPass very well. Check the first post and read the last couple pages of "The Joy of FastPass" thread. Recheck that thread every now and then until your so you are up to date.
    Thanks for the tips! I'm sure I will have more questions as the time gets closer!

Does anyone know why dec 6 & 7, 2013 are block out dates? Seems weird since the next weekend is not blocked. Is there something special going on?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bstone76 View Post
    Does anyone know why dec 6 & 7, 2013 are block out dates? Seems weird since the next weekend is not blocked. Is there something special going on?
    I don't know why that is. It's extremely weird as it follows a super slow week. And for the SoCal AP it blocks Friday the 6th to Sunday the 8th. Then the next weekend the blocks the block is just a normal Satuday block for the SoCal AP and open for Deluxes.

Just speculation but say there was a ticketed Christmas event, it wouldn't be filled as well if APs are detered from coming. I wonder of there is some big Limited Time Magic, that is going to be so great and cheap they expect a flood of guests that weekend.

will it be busy durning the weekend of the tinkerbell marathon. i believe i will be at disneyworld on the 18th-21 or something like that

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by blake97 View Post
    will it be busy durning the weekend of the tinkerbell marathon. i believe i will be at disneyworld on the 18th-21 or something like that
    It kind of depends what you mean.

First off, the Tinkerbell Marathon is this weekend at WDW starts tommorow with multiple events. Does it raise crowds there, a little bit.

Secondly and probably what you meant, the Tinkerbell Half Marathon is the 18th to 20th.

At DLR, it tends to fill the onsite, and nearby hotels. It delays opening a little bit, no EMH those days. It makes it a little more crowded. Weekends are busy anyway, and it doesn't get anything like crazy just stays busy. Many locals run and go home not to the parks. And of the runners going to the parks, on Sunday the day of the half, you may not even notice them in the parks, but they arrive in the afternoon.

The other thing to be careful of is traffic. The Race goes out of the resort. It starts well before the park opens, but if you are getting there early, avoid Ball. Get off on Katella and park in the Toy Story Lot, or Disneyland Dr, to park in the Mickey and Friends Garage.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

They are going to have to start a 2013 thread...

Looking at the online calendar I notice that Sunday Feb 3 & Sunday Feb 10 the closing hours are odd. Why would Disneyland close at midnight on Sunday but not Saturday? And if it's becuase AP's aren't blocked out on Sunday's, why is it for only these two days? Also DCA closing at 9PM on Feb 3 is early.

I believe the reason for them staying open late on the Sundays is for the Chinese New Year. I saw they were doing some stuff at the park again this year.

Out of the all days between Jan 18th to Jan 23 what should be the least crowded days to visit the park?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by LordJonas View Post
    Out of the all days between Jan 18th to Jan 23 what should be the least crowded days to visit the park?
    The 23rd is best, 22nd is ok. It's simply best to avoid crowds by going on weekdays.

If you want longer hours and more entertainment, go on the 21st.

Im looking at the week of 2/11-15. Can you tell me why the opening hours are different all week? I understand that Thursday is Valentines Day, but theres no holiday on Monday, the 11th. Are schools on break that week? Is there a holiday or event that Im not aware of? What do you think the crowds will be like that week?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    Im looking at the week of 2/11-15. Can you tell me why the opening hours are different all week? I understand that Thursday is Valentines Day, but theres no holiday on Monday, the 11th. Are schools on break that week? Is there a holiday or event that Im not aware of? What do you think the crowds will be like that week?
    It's nothing major. Basically the only big variation is the extended but still short hours on Thursday. A lot of people visit for Valentines Day but nowhere in an amount to make it crowded.