Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 32843505152535455566378 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Hi! Our family is looking to visit Disneyland and DCA near the end of February/early March, but we're still flexible wth our dates, though we'd like to go during the weekdays, maybe a Sunday.

How does Sun. Feb 24- Feb 27 look? Would it be better to wait for Mon. Feb 25-28? How does the beginning of March compare? I am open to suggestions!

Thank you so much in advance!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by PCordova View Post
    we'd like to go during the weekdays, maybe a Sunday.

How does Sun. Feb 24- Feb 27 look? Would it be better to wait for Mon. Feb 25-28? How does the beginning of March compare?
    The Sunday will be busy, the other days uncrowded. The reason to include Sunday is that will be the only day with long hours, lots of night hours, Fireworks and Fantasmic!. particularily if those night shows are part of a Disney trip for you it would be good to include a Sunday. You can get a lot done on those other days.

If you want over the very next week, into March there is a small advantage. Grizzly River Rapids will be open. That week will have similiar low crowds, but need a Sunday for night shows too.

If you wait until the next week crowds will be at a medium level and after worsen as Spring Break gathers momentum.

Still debating on our fall trip...How will August 25-30th be vs. Sept 1-6? Is everyone basically back to school at the end of Aug, or will we still be dealing with some summer vacationers? I am worried Sept 1-2 will be very busy with Labor day weekend...? TIA

• Under that tree again!

Labor Day is not a busy holiday. After having summer off, not many people make big 3 day weekends a week into school.

It will be slightly better going the week including Labor Day.

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to plan a trip for my family( 2 adults, 2 children) in the beginning of June. I am wondering if this is generally a very crowded time? I am also wondering about the park hours, when do the hours usually start to extend til late? Any information would be helpful and very appreciated . Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by BBorgognone View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am looking to plan a trip for my family( 2 adults, 2 children) in the beginning of June. I am wondering if this is generally a very crowded time? I am also wondering about the park hours, when do the hours usually start to extend til late? Any information would be helpful and very appreciated . Thanks!
    The hours max out the first full week. Since June will start on a weekend this probably mean the whole month.

For crowds it's best to go earlier in the month before schools are out, the earlier the better.

You may want to avoid the grad nights, particularily the later ones. Grads can visit both parks all day, and when school is done more do that. DCA will close at 11pm, which is normal and they will have a private party in there. DL will still be open until midnight. These are on the 5th, 14, and 19th to 21st.

Any thoughts for either March 13-17 or April 17-21? Just myself and my husband for a quick trip
    Thank you!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by orange car View Post
    Any thoughts for either March 13-17 or April 17-21? Just myself and my husband for a quick trip
    Thank you!
    The differences are:
    March, long hours, in April almost long hours. 8-11DCA or 12DL vs 9-11 in both parks.
    March entertainment nightly, April entertainment on weekends only.
    Weather is a bit warmer in April.
    Crowds, a bit lighter in April during the weekdays.

I would go with April, enjoy the rides on Wednesday and Thursday, plan to see the fireworks and Fantasmic! on the weekend.

• Ready for takeoff

What about March 26-28? That is the only time we can go before the first week of June.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by FolsomFan View Post
    What about March 26-28? That is the only time we can go before the first week of June.
    It's pure Spring Break, very busy. But when you got to go, your got to go.

It looks like we are going to have to change our dates to 3/5 {or 3/6} through 3/9 {or 3/10} but I'm seeing that many hotels are sold out or have limited availablity... Any ideas why?

Thanks again!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by orange car View Post
    It looks like we are going to have to change our dates to 3/5 {or 3/6} through 3/9 {or 3/10} but I'm seeing that many hotels are sold out or have limited availablity... Any ideas why?
    It has nothing to do with crowds, which will be moderate and busy on the weekends.

The hotels you are looking at may be busy for a couple reasons.
    1. There is a large convention over the weekend at the Anaheim Convention Center, this will fill hotel rooms at the convention hotels. If you are looking at places like the Embassy Suites and Marriot, they may be full.
    2. It's getting close to those dates and if you look at someone like expedia that books rooms to resell it may of sold out.
    3. The weekend is probably full not the weekdays.

Try calling some hotels directly, or using a site that does book itself, but books through another party.

Red Face Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Let me ask a generic question. I'd like to go to Disneyland with my family for four days this summer (summer runs from June 16th to August 23rd). What should be the least crowded week?

First, I thought the week of August 19th would be best as some hotels are discounted and some schools have started, but that's when APs can finally go. Next, I thought the week of June 17th would be best (which is currently my plan), but I have to choose between Father's Day and grad night. The following week is the last week APs can go before the summer blockout.

And of course, July and August are hot and busy.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by krusty007 View Post
    Let me ask a generic question. I'd like to go to Disneyland with my family for four days this summer (summer runs from June 16th to August 23rd). What should be the least crowded week?
    Welcome Krusty, your burgers taste aweful.

Last year it wasn't too bad in August when the APs came back. I think that was because most tried to see Carsland before the blockouts began, and it dulled the end of summer rush.

If you can go midweek, the last couple weeks of July and first week of August are not bad. If you have to include a weekend, well they are all very busy.

Any thoughts on Th-Fri 2/14-15? I'm pretty sure most kids are in school those days, and have the following Monday off, or longer into the week for Presidents.

We went 1/2-1/5 and the crowds were terrible and we were sick the whole trip. We are trying for a re-do next month.