Page 54 of 97 FirstFirst ... 42944515253545556576479 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 1452
  1. #796

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1

    Talking

    me and my fiance are planning to go feb 8th. 9th and 10th. would these dates be too busy?
    new to the site but i can tell im going to love it! Disneyland is my second home and this site seems to have lots of fun and helpful info!!

  2. #797

    • Wished I lived closer!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Posts
    81

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    I am planning a trip with the family for June 8-14th. I realize there are Grad Days going on that week but have heard and read conflicting reports as to which days. I have even called the resort itself and they told me that they weren't sure...whaaaaa? Can anyone tell me the exact dates and if we really do need to avoid the parks then? We plan on getting a 4 day pass. We are also going to go to Universal one day. Thoughts on the best days to be in DLR?

  3. #798

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    Any thoughts on Th-Fri 2/14-15? I'm pretty sure most kids are in school those days, and have the following Monday off, or longer into the week for Presidents.

    We went 1/2-1/5 and the crowds were terrible and we were sick the whole trip. We are trying for a re-do next month.
    You went during a very, very busy time, you will find those two days to be busy but not nearly as bad. A lot of people go on Valentines Day, and Fridays normally get busy after 5. These days are great for collecting FPs in the morning when it's slow and using later when it's busy.

    With Presidents Day the crowds follow it. You will see the crowds rise on Friday as the day goes on, but the full next week is busy,

    Quote Originally Posted by boom925 View Post
    me and my fiance are planning to go feb 8th. 9th and 10th. would these dates be too busy?
    new to the site but i can tell im going to love it! Disneyland is my second home and this site seems to have lots of fun and helpful info!!
    Weekends are always busy. The 8th will be nice in the morning but pick up in the evening and Saturday and Sunday will be busy.

    Quote Originally Posted by joannaorange View Post
    I am planning a trip with the family for June 8-14th. I realize there are Grad Days going on that week but have heard and read conflicting reports as to which days. I have even called the resort itself and they told me that they weren't sure...whaaaaa? Can anyone tell me the exact dates and if we really do need to avoid the parks then? We plan on getting a 4 day pass. We are also going to go to Universal one day. Thoughts on the best days to be in DLR?
    I have seen these dates changing a little. What I think is happening is some days fill, then cancelations occur and they open back up. This makes dates come on and off Disney's list. They are planned for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in the first three weeks of June. You would catch them on the 13th and 14th.

    I would far prefer to end at DLR, than USH, but in this case you may not want to do that. I'd try to do DLR on the slow weekdays the 10th to 12th, and Friday the 8th. Hours should be long and entertainment running nightly as in past years. Do USH on the 13th because like DLR it gets busier on the weekends.

  4. #799

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    223

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Me again! What is up with March? I'd really like to go Monday & Tuesday, 3/11 & 12 or 3/18 & 19 (so excited for St. Pats!). Isitpacked.com has high crowds from the second week on. Is this spring break time? Otherwise, how do you think 3/4 & 5 will be?

    Thank you, Swampy. This must take up so much of your free time. I really appreciate what you do here.

  5. #800

    • Orange County
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!
    Posts
    213

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Feb 8-11... Will the Saturday or Sunday be busier ... and how about the Monday? Thanks.

  6. #801

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    Me again! What is up with March? I'd really like to go Monday & Tuesday, 3/11 & 12 or 3/18 & 19 (so excited for St. Pats!). Isitpacked.com has high crowds from the second week on. Is this spring break time? Otherwise, how do you think 3/4 & 5 will be?

    Thank you, Swampy. This must take up so much of your free time. I really appreciate what you do here.
    I plan a lot of trips for myself so it's little trouble to give a little help to others.

    Because Spring Breaks are spread over weeks in summary there are more at the end of March and beginning of April. The earlier in March you go the better it is. If you go on the 4th and 5th the crowds are bad, but if you wait a week the will be moderate and hours will be longer and night entertainment taking place. The Entertainment, F! and Fireworks isn't on the calendar yet but usually goes nightly that second full week.

    The ew Fantasy Faire will have storytelling going on and may be partially open on the 12th, that may be something you want to see.

    Quote Originally Posted by AB Born View Post
    Feb 8-11... Will the Saturday or Sunday be busier ... and how about the Monday? Thanks.
    I'm not sure what is happening but it looks like Saturday the 10th may have a private function in DCA, this could mean bigger crowds. All the same I prefer Sunday.

  7. #802

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    49

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Hi, there (again)! I was wondering when Grad Nights were starting this year. I'm planning ahead for May.

  8. #803

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by dynamite goat View Post
    Hi, there (again)! I was wondering when Grad Nights were starting this year. I'm planning ahead for May.
    In May it's a little funky.
    The 10th and 11th, then the 15th, 16th and 18th, then the schedule goes to the same as June's Grad Nites. Wednesday to Friday so the 22nd to 24th and 29th to 31st.

    In May until the last week Grad Nites days are ok in the morning and afternoon and get busy in the evenings. In the last week it transition and many of the schools take advantage of their park hoppers and show up early in the day. Keep in mind a few of these, the 11th and 18th are on Saturday and it will be busy regardless and likely really busy because of the Grad Nite's.

    On those two weeks with the Saturday Grad Nites, there may be a special event on the missing dates, 8th, 9th, and 17th. It's possible private events may take place on those dates. It's peculiar because these are normally Wed-Fri events. The 9th and 17th are of more particular concern that it could be because of other events.

    On those odd days don't worry about crowds so much they might have early closings in one of the parks.

  9. #804

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    49

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    (useful information)
    Thank you so much. It looks like the first or last weekend for me.

  10. #805

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    223

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Why do you think March 4 & 5 will be busy? And do you think opening day of Fantasy Faire (3/12) will have crazy crowds? What do you see on Sun-Wed, April 28-May 1?

  11. #806

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    Why do you think March 4 & 5 will be busy? And do you think opening day of Fantasy Faire (3/12) will have crazy crowds? What do you see on Sun-Wed, April 28-May 1?
    The 4th and 5th will be very nice low crowd days. Spring Break won't have started that early. The 12th will probably be moderate, in part because of Fantasy Faire opening. I suspect that area will be very busy, DL a little busier and DCA pretty nice. In April the 28th a Sunday will be busy but the follwing weekdays mild, the weather is quite temperate and a nice time of year to visit.

  12. #807

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    I'm going to Disneyland April 23-26 with another couple friend of ours and their kids. My thinking is that Spring Break will be over and that will be an ideal time to go; the husband of the couple we're going wtih read online that the next week will be slower. Is there really a big difference between those two weeks after the spring break season is over?

  13. #808

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I'm going to Disneyland April 23-26 with another couple friend of ours and their kids. My thinking is that Spring Break will be over and that will be an ideal time to go; the husband of the couple we're going wtih read online that the next week will be slower. Is there really a big difference between those two weeks after the spring break season is over?
    What is a small difference, can be perceived as a big difference. I assume you are only going one of those weeks and won'texperience the difference.

    If you are flexible you can pick the later week for slightly lower crowds.

  14. #809

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Ok, I've narrowed it down to two weeks. June 17-20 or August 12-15? Basically, these are the weeks the Best Western Anaheim Inn has a suite available. Thoughts? Thanks!

  15. #810

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by krusty007 View Post
    Ok, I've narrowed it down to two weeks. June 17-20 or August 12-15? Basically, these are the weeks the Best Western Anaheim Inn has a suite available. Thoughts? Thanks!
    August will be hotter, but you will avoid some very crowded evenings. June will have some Grad Nites.

Similar Threads

  1. [News] When Will it Be Busy at Disneyland - 2009 Edition
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1389
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:16 AM
  2. [News] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2008?
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 605
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 05:35 PM
  3. [Question] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2009?
    By zip-d-dude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •