Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 63146535455565758596681 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Not the last of November this year. It included Thankgiving and that is a very busy week.

When you visit during the Holiday Season you can avoid weekends because entertainment is daily. The weekends only provide long hours, and crowds.

The first week of December has low crowds. The second week is moderate.

If you can plan this far out and need a sweet looking into renting DVC points to stay in the Grand California Villas.
    So the park stays open later in December even on weekdays?!? That would be awesome! I don't know anything about renting DVC points- I might have to look into that!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by merrysmom View Post
    So the park stays open later in December even on weekdays?!? That would be awesome! I don't know anything about renting DVC points- I might have to look into that!
    The hours aren't longer, but the day is shorter. So as a part of the Holiday Season, they run the holiday parade in the evening, the holiday fireworks near closing, and regular Fantasmic.

Look into renting points. You can find private deals with DVC owners and middlemen companies that rent points which is a little less risky more professional. You may be able to stay at the DVC for as low as $125-$150 a night that way.

I'm liking the last couple posts. My husband and I are taking our family hopefully the first week of December for our daughter's 5th birthday. We're thinking of staying the 2nd - 5th of December (M-Th). Touringplans says those days are 1's. That can't be true, is it?

I know this isn't about the dates, but we've stayed at GCH and loved it, but haven't stayed at the DH since the renovations. Which do you recommend?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by saramommy View Post
    I'm liking the last couple posts. My husband and I are taking our family hopefully the first week of December for our daughter's 5th birthday. We're thinking of staying the 2nd - 5th of December (M-Th). Touringplans says those days are 1's. That can't be true, is it?

I know this isn't about the dates, but we've stayed at GCH and loved it, but haven't stayed at the DH since the renovations. Which do you recommend?
    Events can be planned later in the year that effect crowd patterns. Touring Plans can't predicts those so so far out can be off by a lot. However that first week is slow so don't worry, it's a nice time to visit and the biggest worry about it would be a possible rain storm.

As far as the hotels. I would pick the DLH for you daughter. It's very themed for fun, while the GCH is more reserved. Hopefully it's warm and she can go on the waterslides.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I have a pretty good idea of what the crowds will look like on opening day of the new Fantasy Faire, but Id like to hear what some other people think as well. I normally avoid the higher crowds like the plague, but Im throwing caution to the wind and going on 3/11-13. Im also taking a group of people for their first visit. We're crazy, right? Do you think the crwods will be very intense? How do you think the rest of the park, or DCA, will be affected? What do you think the days before & after will be like since they are normally pretty low-crowd days? This is new territory for me. Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

I wouldn't worry to much. It not an exciting attractions that can pull in people who can drive themselves to the parks like Star Tours or Radiator Springs Racers did. Also when new attractions open the tend to cluster the crowds around them and empty the rest of the park. Sort of like 400 people waiting in one lines instead of 20 more people in 20 other lines.

I suspect the Royal Hall will have a solid hour wait. The Theater show may be had to get a seat for as people try it out. Also lots of people just wandering the plaza looking around.

No need to worry about huge crowds and spererate lines at the gates.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Any thoughts on crowd level at both DCA and DLR from 4/1 - 4/4? Which park would be best to visit on these days? Thanks.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by LateralG View Post
    Any thoughts on crowd level at both DCA and DLR from 4/1 - 4/4? Which park would be best to visit on these days? Thanks.
    It won't matter very much, it's a very busy time. If staying onsite you get extra magic hours each day in one park or the other. If staying offsite you may want to avoid the park hosting EMH. In DL EMH is in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, so it builds up the lines in those lands only before regular guests get in. In DCA is has a lesser effect because the EMH guests can spread out through the park, but mainly go to Carsland. However guest with 3 day or longer park hoppers get one Magic Morning, that coincided with EMH in DL only. This makes DL even worse.

So on Monday and Wednesday avoid DCA more specifically Carsland in DCA. If you want to get in the RSR FP line or go to into DCA for non Carsland attractions it won't be aweful. Preferably start at DL these days. On Tuesday and Thursday go to DCA.

Plan to arrive early in any case and enter the parks nearly 30 minutes early for Rope Drop. When going to DCA you can get in the RSR FP distribution line during Rope Drop.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Thanks for the great advice! We were there on the weekend Carsland opened and it was bonkers crowded! Do you anticipate it both parks being as crowded this time around?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by LateralG View Post
    Thanks for the great advice! We were there on the weekend Carsland opened and it was bonkers crowded! Do you anticipate it both parks being as crowded this time around?
    Yes and no. While then it was more crowded at the gates, in DCA and in and around Cars Land, it wasn't aweful elsewhere like those spots. In April, being core Spring Break it is going to be very busy, but everywhere, without the people standing in place because they can't walk closer to Radiator Springs.

Take advantage of the first couple hours the park is open and use FastPass.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• i believe in faeries.

what about the first week of may? with the gumball rally on the 4th, is that first weekend usually busy?

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

How would March 25-28 be? Thanks.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Avaren View Post
    what about the first week of may? with the gumball rally on the 4th, is that first weekend usually busy?
    Weekend are always busy. The Micechatters don't make it crowded, it's a small group and many of us would be there regardless of if there was the Rally going on or not. The weekdays tend to be low crowds that time of year.

While there are some rehabs and lots of small projects being done to prepare for summer the weather is pleasant and it's a great time fo year to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Born View Post
    How would March 25-28 be? Thanks.
    Very, busy that when Spring Break is at its peak.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Is anyone aware of anything major (besides Halloween) going on 10/29-11/3?Thanks!