Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 73247545556575859606782 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

i'm be at disneyland march 14 to 19 is there crowds then?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Is anyone aware of anything major (besides Halloween) going on 10/29-11/3?Thanks!
    Big Thunder is supposed to reopen on the 31st. Being so far out that date has a good possibility to change, to sooner or later. Don't count on it, and check everynow and then, particularily in late summer, for a firmer date. If it reopens while you are there as planned, expect it to be really crowded and the park to be a little crowded, for a normally slow Thursday.

Also Mickey's Halloween Party should be going on. At least on Halloween Night, and maybe on Tuesdau the 29th too.

Other than that it's a fraily slow time to visit though Friday - Sunday is busy. Also starting on the 1st Halloween decorations dissapear and Christmas starts to show up. Space will be close from some or all of the 1st, maybe opening in the evening. Small World will be closed. Some other rehabs are possible.

They may film the Christmas Parade in the hub and Main Street but that's a minor inconviniece, not something that causes big crowds or brings in crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by trugriffin View Post
    i'm be at disneyland march 14 to 19 is there crowds then?
    Welcome to Micechat.

It's sort of when Spring Break set in and it gets busy. It will start mildly busy, get in rides, slow loading rides. On Friday it wil get quite busy through the weekend, save shows, and use FastPass to get in your favorites again. 5 days is a good lenght for a trip to get everything in when it's a bit busy.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

We're going to be back in SoCal from New Zealand for a few days in March having lived near San Diego for a couple of years until last June. I am wondering about taking the kids again to DL on March 21st, which is about the only day we could go if we do. But I'm worried about how busy it could be. We went on the first day we had our SoCal passes on Jan 4th last year and it was a bit too crazy for us; at least to our standards really busy and difficult to move around the park.

Does anyone have any idea how going March 21st would compare to that sort of date in Jan when decorations were still up? I think if it was like that or worse we'd probably skip it but I'm trying to gauge 'cause I'd love to take the kids again.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by nvbrennan View Post
    We went on the first day we had our SoCal passes on Jan 4th last year and it was a bit too crazy for us; at least to our standards really busy and difficult to move around the park.

Does anyone have any idea how going March 21st would compare to that sort of date in Jan when decorations were still up?
    It's not going to be uncrowded, but will be better. Walking around won't be difficult but lines will be present.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It's not going to be uncrowded, but will be better. Walking around won't be difficult but lines will be present.
    Thanks that's very helpful.

How do you determine when spring break is with all of the different school schedules in California? And do you need to factor in non-CA school districts? Im looking at either Sun, 4/21 - Wed, 4/24 or Sun, 4/28 - Wed, 5/1. What do you think the crowds will be like those weeks?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    How do you determine when spring break is with all of the different school schedules in California? And do you need to factor in non-CA school districts? Im looking at either Sun, 4/21 - Wed, 4/24 or Sun, 4/28 - Wed, 5/1. What do you think the crowds will be like those weeks?
    Spring Breaks fall over about a 8 week stretch, March through April, but most in the 6 week stretch so the 1st and last week are barely effected. The 2nd and 2nd to last week are moderate. The 3rd(this week) and 3rd to last week are busy. The middle two weeks are the core of Spring Breaks as many school try to include Easter Sunday, and are very busy.

What matters mostly are the SoCal school districts, but they all vary. No single school district make DLR busy on it's own.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

So then spring break would still technically be going on during the second to last week of April. Is that right?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    So then spring break would still technically be going on during the second to last week of April. Is that right?
    Technically it would, but it's not really bad or something to be concerned about.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

I'm trying to decide between April 29-May 3, or May 6-10. Does anyone think crowds would be any different between the two? Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by briggscreek View Post
    I'm trying to decide between April 29-May 3, or May 6-10. Does anyone think crowds would be any different between the two? Thanks!
    Welcome to Micechat.

Not really, they are both nice times to visit. One reason to pick the early dates is that the 9th and 10th are Grad Nites. It's not much busier but groups of teens will be around.

Also realize that midweek there won't be any fireworks or Fantasmic! showing except on Friday. World of Color should run nightly.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Welcome to Micechat.

Not really, they are both nice times to visit. One reason to pick the early dates is that the 9th and 10th are Grad Nites. It's not much busier but groups of teens will be around.

Also realize that midweek there won't be any fireworks or Fantasmic! showing except on Friday. World of Color should run nightly.
    Thanks! We usually go the week after Thanksgiving and it's so nice with low crowds, hoping for something similar this time. I was originally going to do Sunday-Thurs for F! and fireworks, but the family said they'd rather have another weekday instead with less people.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by briggscreek View Post
    Thanks! We usually go the week after Thanksgiving and it's so nice with low crowds, hoping for something similar this time. I was originally going to do Sunday-Thurs for F! and fireworks, but the family said they'd rather have another weekday instead with less people.

That time in November is about the best for low crowds. It will be a little worse but nothing to be concerned about. Friday in either week will pick up after noon and especially in the evening. The weather will be warmer.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

That time in November is about the best for low crowds. It will be a little worse but nothing to be concerned about. Friday in either week will pick up after noon and especially in the evening. The weather will be warmer.
    We'll be leaving mid-day on Friday for a long drive home anyway. We originally planned on November again but our last visit was in 2011. The thought of waiting the extra six months til Nov this year was killing me LOL. Thanks for your help!

• New Member Goes Forth

The summer will always be busy. i know, because I visit the parks at this time, mostly every year
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).