Page 59 of 90 FirstFirst ... 93449565758596061626984 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

How "bad" are the crowds July 1st - 4th? Is it really that much more crowded compared to typical July days? And if it is: would later July be better? Like the 15th - 18th? We figured Monday - Thursday would be better regardless of the time of year.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mrscptgreen View Post
    How "bad" are the crowds July 1st - 4th? Is it really that much more crowded compared to typical July days? And if it is: would later July be better? Like the 15th - 18th? We figured Monday - Thursday would be better regardless of the time of year.

Welcome to Micechat.

Going a couple weeks later would be preferable. It's still busy but not aweful. 20 minute waits and 45-60 on better attractions. The 4th of July week is one to avoid because it's a little worse. The 4th itself is a good time to miss.

On the 4th Disneyland Park gets very busy. What makes it unique is lots of people want to watch fireworks there. The Hub gets more and more congested as the afternoon changes to evening and people wait for the fireworks. That week waits can be about 10 minutes and 15 minutes longer.

On the week of the 4th the Firworks are special, On the 4th only WoC has a special part. If you go that week see WoC on the 4th and stay out of Disneyland Park to avoid crowding problems.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

This last week's "In the Parks" showed that there are still heavy crowds right now at Disneyland. We haven't gone since December and were thinking of making a quick trip April 19 and April 21 (blocked out on the 20th). Will the crowds still be this heavy? In the Parks was showing substantial wait times for attractions like Monster's Inc., Little Mermaid, and Pinnochio!

If we don't go now, we will wait for June. When is the best week to go in June?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    This last week's "In the Parks" showed that there are still heavy crowds right now at Disneyland. We haven't gone since December and were thinking of making a quick trip April 19 and April 21 (blocked out on the 20th). Will the crowds still be this heavy? In the Parks was showing substantial wait times for attractions like Monster's Inc., Little Mermaid, and Pinnochio!

If we don't go now, we will wait for June. When is the best week to go in June?
    Right now is Sunday the last day of the core of Spring Break. Crowds will drop a lot tomorrow and be quite moderate and slow in another week. Although you are talking about a weekend so it will be busy, but Friday morning will be nice. Right now it's very busy, those named attractions will be back to 10 minute or less waits in a couple weeks.

In June it will be busier as schools get out. In general the earlier the better is the rule for June. Do keep in mind that it host Grad Nights on Wed-Fri. Blockouts are more common in June so you may have more to work around then.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Hello everyone! I was planning a day to Disneyland this Wednesday, April 10th, anyone know how crowded it'll be?

Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac6 View Post
    Hello everyone! I was planning a day to Disneyland this Wednesday, April 10th, anyone know how crowded it'll be?

Thanks!

It will be a moderate, a nice time to visit for lower than average crowds. Only the big popular attractions should have long waits. The less popular attractions should have short waits.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Hello Micechat. We are planning a trip on May 23rd to May 25th anyone know how busy it will be? I know its Memorial day weekend. Thank you

• Minion

Whoops...nothing to see here
    Last edited by imaginashton; 04-08-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Neat vid, but is it posted in the right thread?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by marq5 View Post
    Hello Micechat. We are planning a trip on May 23rd to May 25th anyone know how busy it will be? I know its Memorial day weekend. Thank you
    Welcome!

It's busy but not aweful. A lot of people hold off visits for their full summer vacations instead of rushing to the parks for a short 3 day weekend trip.

Thursday and Friday will be ok until evening, when Grads are coming. They will arrive throughout the day but be noticeable in the evenings. Saturday busy all day.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Any thoughts on June 4-7 vs June 11-14? I know earlier in the summer is better, but SCS APs become blocked the second week. Touring plans has slightly lower numbers the first week.

It's our last trip before our passes expire. I think we will go to the parks on the weekdays, staying at a cheap place, and then spend one night in a concierge room on property so we can take advantage of the DLR pools, concierge activities, snacks, fireworks view, etc. before heading home on Sunday.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    Any thoughts on June 4-7 vs June 11-14? I know earlier in the summer is better, but SCS APs become blocked the second week. Touring plans has slightly lower numbers the first week.

It's our last trip before our passes expire. I think we will go to the parks on the weekdays, staying at a cheap place, and then spend one night in a concierge room on property so we can take advantage of the DLR pools, concierge activities, snacks, fireworks view, etc. before heading home on Sunday.

I wouldn't worry about the AP blockouts this year like the last few summers. Nothing huge opening/starting this summer. Plus just because they are unblocked on weekdays doesn't mean they can get off work to go.

If you can, instead of a Tue-Fri, could you do Mon-Thur? That would help a good bit. Fridays will be bad as locals and Grads fill the parks. Wed-Fri are Grad Nites, and in June they are a little bad as school is out or they have at least Graduated and show up earlier in the day than in May when they are still working on passing classes.

As for which hotel, remember you can't pool hop. Also the DLH has a great firework view from the E-ticket Lounge(CL). From the GCH CL it's good. From the PPH it's ok but you don't watch from the Concierge Lounge you watch from the end of the pool deck. Although from the PPH you can get rooms looking at DCA and watch WoC. If the CL rooms aren't full ask to add that option to a standard room it's about a $100 add on, this may save a lot of money.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    As for which hotel, remember you can't pool hop. Also the DLH has a great firework view from the E-ticket Lounge(CL). From the GCH CL it's good. From the PPH it's ok but you don't watch from the Concierge Lounge you watch from the end of the pool deck. Although from the PPH you can get rooms looking at DCA and watch WoC. If the CL rooms aren't full ask to add that option to a standard room it's about a $100 add on, this may save a lot of money.
    Oh, I thought I had read, and this was years ago so it may have changed, that pool hopping was allowed at PPH and DLH, but not up to GCH.

We have never stayed at DLH, and would love to try their pools, so we would probably choose to stay there. Maybe we could go to the parks M-TH, and hit DLH for swimming and concierge on Friday when crowds are heavier.
    Last edited by lalolovesme; 04-10-2013 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Lost a line when adding quote.

How are the crowds lookin for next week? April 15-19?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac6 View Post
    How are the crowds lookin for next week? April 15-19?
    Should be good. Don't worry you probably won't see anything over a 30 minute wait except for Radiator Springs Racers.

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    Oh, I thought I had read, and this was years ago so it may have changed, that pool hopping was allowed at PPH and DLH, but not up to GCH.

We have never stayed at DLH, and would love to try their pools, so we would probably choose to stay there. Maybe we could go to the parks M-TH, and hit DLH for swimming and concierge on Friday when crowds are heavier.
    You may of seen something in regards to when a hotel's pool is closed for refurbs and they allow you to use one at another resort.

That would be a good plan, of course with APs you could always take a last ride or two on Friday morning.
    Be Cool Stay in School!