Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by napeterson18 View Post
    How terrible will it be this upcoming Sunday? My boyfriend and I are celebrating our one year anniversary on the 19th and he made reservations for the Blue Bayou, unbeknownst to him that it was Presidents' Day weekend.
    It will be very busy. If you have the flexibility plan to arrive 15 minutes before the gates open and stay until the parks close. If you can hop you may want to go to DL for opening for 90 minutes and then go to DCA for its 9:30 opening. You can also close each park because of the staggered hours. Use Fast Pass as much as you can.

Sorry if I missed these dates in a previous post, but what are your thoughts on May 12th-15th? I wasn't sure about schools getting out for the summer yet and that Sunday is Mother's day. Thanks in advance!!

• Monorail Junkie

I am taking the family down on March 25 and leaving March 28th. Any thoughts on crowds?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jchamb268 View Post
    I am taking the family down on March 25 and leaving March 28th. Any thoughts on crowds?

Thanks
    Busy. Right in the middle of Spring Break.
    Well Gawrsh!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloAZ View Post
    Sorry if I missed these dates in a previous post, but what are your thoughts on May 12th-15th? I wasn't sure about schools getting out for the summer yet and that Sunday is Mother's day. Thanks in advance!!
    That is plenty ahead of schools letting out for Summer. It's a busy weekend, there is a special Mother's Day brunch at the Disneyland Hotel, and some people do go to the parks for a family outing. You should get full entertainment on the weekend and then shorter hours and low crowds on Monday and Tuesday. It will be nice to finish with lower crowds so you can get more rides in then.

^Thanks for the great info!!

Hi, everyone! I'm new to the boards, this place looks like a goldmine of information. Would someone with knowledge be able to help me figure out what days to visit? I have a two day park hopper, and I want to use both days the week of March 11. I am guessing that Monday-Thursday (3/12-3/15) are best, but is the day of the week important? And what is the overall crowd level for that week?

Thanks so much

• B Funk All Star

We are now deciding between March 5-9 and May 21-25. Any thoughts from the group on those two weeks or preferences on weather, crowds, etc?

Thanks in advance for the opinions and analysis!

How accurate is touringplans?

They rated both the 15th and 16th a 2 out of 10.

However the 15th was raining and the lines where no wait at all.
    The 16th seemed to have hoards of people with lines averaging 30-40 mins.

I don't get how touring plans would rate both those days 2. I could understand the 15th as a 2 but definitely not the 16th...

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I am guessing that Monday-Thursday (3/12-3/15) are best, but is the day of the week important? And what is the overall crowd level for that week?
    Since the hours are long and entertainment full as Spring Break start that week, the is a best way to go. Mid, midweek Tuesday-Thursday are always the least quiet when all else is equal. Expect it to be busy, use FP for the best attraction, waits will be mild on the others, except the better non FP attractions like Peter Pan, Nemo, TSMM, those will have long lines so consider doing them early.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminations2k View Post
    We are now deciding between March 5-9 and May 21-25. Any thoughts from the group on those two weeks or preferences on weather, crowds, etc?
    Crowds are very similiar, both quite low. Weather is much better in main. More reliable to be warm, dry, and possibly hot. It depends on perception but some could find March nights cold, in May more likely to be called cool. Especially in March check the weather right before you visit just in case rain is in the forecast. In any case check the weather before you go, its not constand and cold periods and hot periods can take place randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by micky90 View Post
    How accurate is touringplans?

They rated both the 15th and 16th a 2 out of 10.

However the 15th was raining and the lines where no wait at all.
    The 16th seemed to have hoards of people with lines averaging 30-40 mins.
    I find touring plans to be ok. A good guide but not perfect. Often their high numbers apply to only a quarter of the day. You can't hold them at fault for the weather.

What you experienced is common, it's SoCal people aren't there for the rain. So on the 15th they stayed in tunring the park into a ghost town(love those days). Then on the 16ht the normal crowd came, plus everyone that meant to come on the 15th. So the 16th got extra crowds, expect this on sunny days after rainy days.

How are things about Mid- May such as the 12-19th?

Also wondering about weather- it is REALLY hot?

We are going April 23-25. Any ideas how busy these days will be? We are also looking to add Sunday the 22nd...I know this day will be busier but what should we expect? Thanks!!!

Hello! This is a great thread with lots of helpful advice. I'm hoping to visit Disneyland (with my husband, daughter, mother and mother-in-law) and California Adventure with a 3-day park hopper on April 30th, May 1st and May 2nd. I picked these dates because it was well after spring break and Easter but before schools let out for summer---the last time we went it was June and this time I was hoping to find a time with less crowds. I haven't paid to see the Touring Plans recommendation for these days, but am interested to hear from the very knowledgeable experts on this forum about their predictions for these dates in terms of crowds. We'll be doing Magic Morning on Tuesday.
    Another question I had is about the hours of operation on those days (mostly with the opening time--my daughter is only 2 so she goes to bed at 8pm anyway so it doesn't matter about closing or the fireworks or the night shows which we saw when we were there last year). The Disney official site says Disneyland opens at 8am or 9am in April and 9am or 10am in May. Would any of you happen to know more specifically what the opening times would be on April 30th, May 1st and May 2nd?
    Thanks in advance!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by neeka27 View Post
    How are things about Mid- May such as the 12-19th?
    Also wondering about weather- it is REALLY hot?
    That's a really great time to visit. Weather is really good, can have gray morning but great afternoons. There is a small risk that it could get very hot but on average the highs are in the mid seventies and it is very unlikely to rain.

For crowds it is very good. It's possible some Cars Land soft openings could bring extra crowds but all focused on Cars Land not distirbing the rest of the park. Make sure you take the time on the weekends to see the Fireworks and Fantasmic, they probably will only run then. Use the quiet midweek for rides.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmcnoggin View Post
    We are going April 23-25. Any ideas how busy these days will be? We are also looking to add Sunday the 22nd...I know this day will be busier but what should we expect? Thanks!!!
    Adding Sunday would be great to see the night shows. While Sunday will be a lot busier wait until Monday for the better attraction when their lines drop to 30 -45 minutes and can be mostly avoided using FastPass.

Quote Originally Posted by maggieminniefan View Post
    I'm hoping to visit Disneyland (with my husband, daughter, mother and mother-in-law) and California Adventure with a 3-day park hopper on April 30th, May 1st and May 2nd.

I was hoping to find a time with less crowds.

Another question I had is about the hours of operation on those days
    Crowds will be low, these dates are great for that.

The hours are likely to be 10am to 8pm, Main Street open until 9pm for snacks and shopping, which is fine if you don't mind missing the night shows, and have a young child that won't stay up late anyway. With MIL along, I would try for a couple late night dinner dates in DTD.

Enjoy MiceChat everyone!

Im planning on going to the DLR in October for halloween we want to go to the Mickey's halloween party as well, any days/weeks better then other to go??

Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156 ... LastLast