Page 60 of 89 FirstFirst ... 103550575859606162637085 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Hello, I am planning a trip to drive out June 1st, and spend 3 days in the park. I am looking for a little advice, would it be best to spend 6/2, 6/3 & 6/4 in the parks, which would include a Sunday(6/2) or do you think it would be better to spend 6/3, 6/4, and 6/5; with 6/5 being a Grad night. Which would typically be more crowded, a Sunday or a Grad night? Thank you in advance!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by BBorgognone View Post
    Hello, I am planning a trip to drive out June 1st, and spend 3 days in the park. I am looking for a little advice, would it be best to spend 6/2, 6/3 & 6/4 in the parks, which would include a Sunday(6/2) or do you think it would be better to spend 6/3, 6/4, and 6/5; with 6/5 being a Grad night. Which would typically be more crowded, a Sunday or a Grad night? Thank you in advance!
    While Sunday will busier than Wednesday, I would still consider starting on Sunday.

If you can stay until closing on Sunday when the park slows down. If you want to avoid the teens. It may also allow you to end on a slower day, rather than a day busy with the grads.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Anyone have any idea what's going on April 24th-26th? All Disney hotels are booked, seems odd for a Wednesday-Friday.
    "You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest darkest corners of the imagination....inside the Twilight Zone."

There is available at Grand Californian, per Disney's website. My guess is that this close to the date you can only book through the hotel websites and not through a third party.

I was embellishing a little for effect, the fact that PP and DLH have no availability and the Grand only has premium rooms would suggest quite a full hotel for mid week
    "You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest darkest corners of the imagination....inside the Twilight Zone."

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterNut View Post
    Anyone have any idea what's going on April 24th-26th? All Disney hotels are booked, seems odd for a Wednesday-Friday.
    There is a DECA convention at the Anaheim Convention center. Look for a Hotel on Harbor north of Katellas if you are having trouble finding and onsite room.

I would not expect this to greatly increase crowds. They are not a huge group with a focus on park visits. Convention of size do effect convention hotels and restaurants.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    There is a DECA convention at the Anaheim Convention center. Look for a Hotel on Harbor north of Katellas if you are having trouble finding and onsite room.

I would not expect this to greatly increase crowds. They are not a huge group with a focus on park visits. Convention of size do effect convention hotels and restaurants.
    That would explain it, thanks for the help swampymarsh, much appreciated.

Any thoughts on May 2-3? I figure that Friday will be busy, but not hoping not as bad as summer crowds!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by krpink View Post
    Any thoughts on May 2-3? I figure that Friday will be busy, but not hoping not as bad as summer crowds!
    It should be good, but Friday will as always get busy in the evening.

Hopefully by then DLR has Space and Soarin running again. It appears that without them and the planned long closure of BTMRR that capacity issues are propping up wait times. Some of that should be better as some maintenance winds up next week.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Im going on 4-24.. will it be busy due to the USA conventions or will it be slightly down to Off season?

The only thing showing on the convention center schedule on 4/24 in anaheim is CTA training...not sure where you are seeing USA convention.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    Im going on 4-24.. will it be busy due to the USA conventions or will it be slightly down to Off season?
    Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    The only thing showing on the convention center schedule on 4/24 in anaheim is CTA training...not sure where you are seeing USA convention.

When it domes to conventions there is one thing that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Look for a Hotel on Harbor north of Katellas if you are having trouble finding an onsite room.

If it's a convention that draws people to parks, the topic is Disney, like D23 Expo, or disneyana.

Also conventions that attract LA locals have small effects on the hotels in the area, even it it invites every high school basketball team. They sleep at home, not on Harbor.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Hi, my husband and I are going to Disneyland Resort on May 16th and 17th. will it be crowded on those dates?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by soyukamaru View Post
    Hi, my husband and I are going to Disneyland Resort on May 16th and 17th. will it be crowded on those dates?
    Alright crowds. They will host grad nights so the evenings will be busy.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

We are looking to spend 2 1/2 days in the parks starting on Sunday 9/22. I am guessing Sunday would probably be the only chance we get to see fireworks and/or WOC? I am hoping that Monday wouldn't be cut short by a Halloween party? Any thoughts on when those dates are announced?