Page 61 of 89 FirstFirst ... 113651585960616263647186 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloAZ View Post
    We are looking to spend 2 1/2 days in the parks starting on Sunday 9/22. I am guessing Sunday would probably be the only chance we get to see fireworks and/or WOC? I am hoping that Monday wouldn't be cut short by a Halloween party? Any thoughts on when those dates are announced?
    Depending on your timeline, and needs you may take a risk now or want to wait to book.

WoC has run nightly except for a few rehabs periods. So you could expect Fireworks and F! on Sunday and WoC on Monday.

Halloween Party dates will be announced in about 2 months as will the season start and end dates. Parties are usually on Tuesday and Fridays plus Halloween night. The season will probably start on the 13th and if not the 20th.

It's a nice time, low crowds and nice weather for a visit.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Thanks for sharing your expertise!

• Wished I lived closer!

Ok, Swampymarsh...tell me what you think. Saturday, June 8th...Touring Plans lists California Adventure's crowd level at a 3.2 with three out of the four AP's blocked out. Can this be true? Would the crowds really be that light on a Saturday? We are flying in that day and are debating going later in the afternoon and into the evening. Thoughts?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by joannaorange View Post
    Ok, Swampymarsh...tell me what you think. Saturday, June 8th...Touring Plans lists California Adventure's crowd level at a 3.2 with three out of the four AP's blocked out. Can this be true? Would the crowds really be that light on a Saturday? We are flying in that day and are debating going later in the afternoon and into the evening. Thoughts?
    I think your intuition is right, it will be worse, unless TP knows it's going to rain. By the TP scale since you are familiar with it, I'd call it a 7.

They may not have updated those dates for this year, which now includes Carsland crowds.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Wished I lived closer!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I think your intuition is right, it will be worse, unless TP knows it's going to rain. By the TP scale since you are familiar with it, I'd call it a 7.

They may not have updated those dates for this year, which now includes Carsland crowds.
    Ha, ha! Wouldn't that be great if it was also linked to the Weather Channel? Ok, I'll keep my eye on it. It has DL listed as a 7 for the day. Thank you. People like me would drive me crazy...not sure how you can put up with so many questions!

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

I have the possibility of going to Disneyland the week of Veteran's Day. If possible would have the first park day on Tuesday the 12th. Touringplans has the Tuesday -Thursday as 3+. For the life of me, I can't figure out what would be going on that time to account for the increase in people. Does anyone know?

I love te Christmastime of the parks but want to avoid people causing it to be too crowded. My family and I have gone the last week of September during Fall break. However there are always 2/3 days that are pretty slammed then.

This year, the veteran's Day week seems to be slowly getting busier per Touringplans whereas the last week of Sept is staying a 1.

Should I stick with going in November or go again in late sept?

Thanks.

• Under that tree again!

This far out it's a little hard to say about either of those dates.

Those weekdays will probably 1-3. The high end if they can squeeze in the Holidays which may not happen because of Halloween coming later in the week. So don't expect a lot of holiday stuff just some here and there to be cautious. Dates will come out mid summer.

In September it may be busier. It will be the Halloween Season which should start on the 20th. Parties will probably start on the 27th and are usually on Tuesdays and Fridays. Official dates for the season and parties come out in June.

Pick based on what you want, not crowds. Crowds will be similar both periods unless you go on a Halloween party day.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

Swampy

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to remember from our chance trip four years ago in early November if the castle is decorated or not. Do you happen to know if it is decorated by Veterans Day and lit up?

I will probably keep on with the Christmastime plan but hopefully mid week crowds will come down.

I have had too many touringplans 1-3 days where we couldn't get on any ride mid week in less than an hour because of the unbelievable crowding.

Thanks again

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mpabis525 View Post
    I am trying to remember from our chance trip four years ago in early November if the castle is decorated or not. Do you happen to know if it is decorated by Veterans Day and lit up?

I will probably keep on with the Christmastime plan but hopefully mid week crowds will come down.

I have had too many touringplans 1-3 days where we couldn't get on any ride mid week in less than an hour because of the unbelievable crowding.

Thanks again
    At that time it's a yes and no. The Castle's decorations start going up in late October. It's not lit up until the season begins. It's possible the Holidays will start on the 11th but maybe the 15th. Because Halloween Season always goes at least to Halloween, and the way days shift in the days of a week, Halloween is falling late. That's why this years' Holiday start is very questionable.

The week after, which is the week before thank giving should be good. The first week of December should be good. For Halloween the week with Halloween should be good.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Hi, would really appreciate some advice, arriving with 9 yr old daughter Sunday May 12 Mother's Day (land LAX in am so at Grand Californian late morning and can't be there at rope drop). we will stay over one night and have two day park hoppers so also in parks Mon May 13. Is there a difference in how busy Disneyland is vs California Adventure? Should we spend a few afternoon hours in California Adventure and come over to Disneyland for the parade and some evening rides and fireworks? Or at least stop in CA for fastpass on way to Disneyland? How long a walk is it between parks? Figured we'd do CA early morning on Monday (cars land and soarin) since we can get in early at 9.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca6438 View Post
    Hi, would really appreciate some advice, arriving with 9 yr old daughter Sunday May 12 Mother's Day (land LAX in am so at Grand Californian late morning and can't be there at rope drop). we will stay over one night and have two day park hoppers so also in parks Mon May 13. Is there a difference in how busy Disneyland is vs California Adventure? Should we spend a few afternoon hours in California Adventure and come over to Disneyland for the parade and some evening rides and fireworks? Or at least stop in CA for fastpass on way to Disneyland? How long a walk is it between parks? Figured we'd do CA early morning on Monday (cars land and soarin) since we can get in early at 9.
    Welcome to Micechat.

The parks have only about 200 feet between gates. You can walk from any attraction in one park to any attraction in the other in under 15 minutes. It's really easy to hop back and forth at will.

The crowds in both parks will be about the same. Sunday will be busy, Monday uncrowded.

Yes grab FastPasses in both parks it really maximizes what you can do. But on Monday you will really only need them for Radiator Springs Racers, Soaring, Space Mountain and Indiand Jones Adventure. Otherwise attractions will probably have under 20 minute waits.

On Monday since Soarin has FastPass after Carsland, Toy Story Midway Mania is a bigger priority, it will have about a 30 minute wait through the day.

Radiator Springs Racers does have FP but these run out about 2 hours after Disney California Adventure opens, you may want to ride it twice on Monday.

Keep in mind only on Sunday night will Fireworks and Fantasmic show.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Space King

We are going May 19th-23? What do you guys think?

• Senior Minion

We are considering going with September 12-16 (3 days in the parks) or September 19-22 (playing with some dates, might be during the week one of those weeks as well).

Any guesses as to crowds? Some of the hotels we were looking at don't seem to be available. Is there something going in at those times? Any guesses as to WoC or fireworks? We've never seen WoC before and would like to.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Candy Cane Inn and Camelot Inn and Suites are nice hotels that are reasonably priced and nearby if you're still looking for hotels. At that time, WoC will be nightly and Fireworks will be available Fri./Sat./Sun. No conventions listed; maybe some hotels are doing light remodels/repairs after the busy summer season ends and have limited capacity, or they just aren't booking that far out yet.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by NyYankFanKen View Post
    We are going May 19th-23? What do you guys think?
    It's an ok time to visit. Mostly low crowds, but Sunday will be busy and the late afternoon and evening of the 22nd and 23rd will be busy. On Sunday see Fireworks and Fantasmic! since they don't show during the week. On Wednesday and Thursdays Grads will be showing up, mostly an hour or two after school ends since those are days with Grad Nites.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    We are considering going with September 12-16 (3 days in the parks) or September 19-22 (playing with some dates, might be during the week one of those weeks as well).
    12-16 will be great on Thursday, but Friday may be a start of Halloween which makes it a little busier, of course Fridays always get busy in the evening. Saturdays and Sundays are always busy and Monday will slow down a lot and be calm. If you can make some of your 3 days on those shoulder days it would be nice, maybe worth getting a 4 or 5 day ticket if only for a few hours on each end.

The later dates will have the same crowd pattern but be fully within Halloween Season. Space and HM will be open with their seasonal overlays. Often the Mark Twain goes down around then which means it's not in Fantasmic!.
    Be Cool Stay in School!