Page 62 of 89 FirstFirst ... 123752596061626364657287 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Hi, my wife and I are going to Disneyland on July 7th-9. I know July is busy but how crowded will it be? Would the 4th of July still have impact on the crowds later in the week?
    Last edited by Yftie; 05-05-2013 at 02:41 AM.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Yftie View Post
    Hi, my wife and I are going to Disneyland on July 7th-9. I know July is busy but how crowded will it be? Would the 4th of July still have impact on the crowds later in the week?
    Welcome to Micechat!

It's busy but not awful. You may even catch 4th of July versions of Fireworks and World of Color on Sunday the 7th. That will also be the busiest day because it's the weekend. Midweek in July are busy but nothing terrible. The hours are long so take a mid day break to go to your hotel to swim or nap. Take advantage of the lower crowds of the day by being at the parks for opening and closing.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Hi swampymarsh, thank you for your help in planning my previous visits.

Do you have any advice about the weekdays during the weeks of June 3-6 and 10-13? I have a So Cal Pass, which means that the Fridays those weeks are blocked out. I also have some time off from work, and was considering one or two visits during each of those weeks.

Would the week of June 10-13 be more crowded because it is closer to the summer break for more school children? Then again, I see that the So Cal Select passes will be blocked out for the summer starting June 7th, so would the previous week be busy because the So Cal Select passholders are getting in their last visits before they can come back at the end of the summer?

Thanks for your always helpful advice.

I'm the middle of planning a possible trip and was currently looking at June 23-29 or July 14-20 as dates to go. Are either of those dates better dates to go or are they equally busy? It would be our first trip to DLR but we're WDW vets so we can work the crowds there really well.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mm522 View Post
    I'm the middle of planning a possible trip and was currently looking at June 23-29 or July 14-20 as dates to go. Are either of those dates better dates to go or are they equally busy?
    They are about the same, both regular summer days. If you have gone during really busy times the weekdays will be nice not awful.

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    Hi swampymarsh, thank you for your help in planning my previous visits.

Do you have any advice about the weekdays during the weeks of June 3-6 and 10-13?
    Blockouts can have an effect. This summer probably not, it's not like there is some must see, unlike the opening of RSR, ST or WoC. Earlier will be better.

Remember that each period has Grad Nites and they add some crowds, Wed - Fri night, so you'll get some of them either way.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Hi, we are going to Disneyland on our first ever trip to USA from Australia. We are staying at Red Lion Hotel and going to get Disneyland 3 day hopper tickets for Tuesday 25 June to Thursday 27 June. How busy do you think these days will be? I have 2 children - 15 and 11. Do you have a preference for which park to do on what day? We are excited most about Cars Land so I think he will want to do this first. Can you offer any other great tips for first time visitors? I have bought a couple of books with the touring plans in the back and plan on using these. Thanks for any advice.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by meeganjane View Post
    Hi, we are going to Disneyland on our first ever trip to USA from Australia. We are staying at Red Lion Hotel and going to get Disneyland 3 day hopper tickets for Tuesday 25 June to Thursday 27 June. How busy do you think these days will be? I have 2 children - 15 and 11. Do you have a preference for which park to do on what day? We are excited most about Cars Land so I think he will want to do this first. Can you offer any other great tips for first time visitors? I have bought a couple of books with the touring plans in the back and plan on using these. Thanks for any advice.
    It will be busy so be prepared, but not awful like during Christmas when it is hard to walk around. Expect 15 minute waits for slow attractions and 60 for bigger attractions.

The time change may make a schedule difficult. Try to be at the park about 30 minutes before the gate opens and 15 minutes early for your Magic Morning in Disneyland park. The opening is when lines are shortest and the first couple hours are the best of the day. Go back to your room and nap if need be. Try to shut down the parks too as rides slow at night after the fireworks. Use FastPass well.

Start at Disneyland, it's classic and wonderful to walk into for your first visit. You should have a ticket that includes a Magic Morning if you buy it ahead of time. Even hotels sell these, you can't get them at the ticket booths. A Magic Morning is when Disneyland Park opens an hour early, Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are open. Ride Space Mountain, Star Tours, Pinocchio and the Matterhorn during it as they get long lines later in the day but the latter two don't have FastPass.

On Wednesday start in DLP, on Thurday unless you didn't do Magic Morning, start in DCA. The park entrances are just across from each other so hop back and forth as you like.

So your interested in RSR, who isn't? On Tuesday go to Magic Morning, which should be at 7 am. At 8am both parks fully open. You can send one person with all tickets into DCA. They can get in the RSR FastPass line with all the tickets and get FPs for everyone. You can do this every day, everyone will want to ride more than once. The FP distribution line may look bad but only takes about 15 minutes. FPs run out in 90-120 minutes after the park opens. RSR will have a FP return wait of about 15 minutes, a standby wait of 120 minutes, and single rider wait of 75. Of course each is shorter at opening but it builds quickly.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Try to shut down the parks too as rides slow at night after the fireworks.
    Thanks so much for your reply, I really appreciate it. What do you mean by try to shut down the parks too? Also would we be better to do the picnic dinners that they offer to see World of Colour, because doesn't that mean you have a definite viewing space to sit in?

I'm thinking about trying to squeak in a mid-week early August trip before our passes expire later that month, and before school starts.

Touring Plans shows all the dates in that range as 9 or 10. Are mid-week summer days really that crowded? I don't have any experience between early June and late October. We went on a couple days in January that were 10s, and I don't want to repeat that.

Thanks so much for your reply, I really appreciate it. What do you mean by try to shut down the parks too? Also would we be better to do the picnic dinners that they offer to see World of Colour, because doesn't that mean you have a definite viewing space to sit in?
    Shut down the parks means stay until they parks close.

The areas you view WoC from are pretty large. You can order a picnic lunch or some other restaurants offer a viewing ticket if you order dinner, or you can wait in line for a FP and get a viewing area that is just as good. The only benefit to ordering a meal is you can do so beforehand and aovid waiting in line and some restaurants offer VIP seating with a slightly better viewing area.

Quote Originally Posted by mm522 View Post
    I'm the middle of planning a possible trip and was currently looking at June 23-29 or July 14-20 as dates to go. Are either of those dates better dates to go or are they equally busy? It would be our first trip to DLR but we're WDW vets so we can work the crowds there really well.
    Just wanted t let you know that the July 15-18 are all listed as 8 on the touring plans website. That's the week we're going and it looks as though it's the slowest week of the summer months.

• Under that tree again!

Just to add to what Kristen said. One thing is that all viewing is standing only and it's important to be in the front. The viewing area is multi tiered so there are lots of front of tier areas you don't need to be at the very front near the water. There is VIP seating but it's for VIPs. Getting a meal that comes with tickets from the Carthay Theatre Restaurant or Wine Country Trattoria, gives you access to standing areas.

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    I'm thinking about trying to squeak in a mid-week early August trip before our passes expire later that month, and before school starts.

Touring Plans shows all the dates in that range as 9 or 10. Are mid-week summer days really that crowded? I don't have any experience between early June and late October. We went on a couple days in January that were 10s, and I don't want to repeat that.
    It's not empty or quiet but weekdays are busy and weekends are very busy. The weekdays are nicer.

If you went during a very busy time in January that means either right after New Years Day or MLK weekend. It will be a bit better in early August. Aim for the first week.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Hello, I am planing a solo trip 3 day park hopper. How busy will it be for October 29th to Halloween night or would the last week in November less busy?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom78 View Post
    Hello, I am planing a solo trip 3 day park hopper. How busy will it be for October 29th to Halloween night or would the last week in November less busy?

It depends on what you want. Halloween decorations or Holiday decorations. Also a Halloween party with costumed guests, super good event only Fireworks, a short special parade and trick or treat candy. During the Holidays you get a special parade and fireworks too.

As far as crowds I will first suggest giving them less consideration. Going solo it's easy to move around and use FastPass and Single Rider Queues. You can get a lot done easily and move at your own pace.

The end of October on those dates should be ok. Two things to consider the 29th may host a Halloween Party this is a special ticket event that cost extra. It will get busy in the evening and DL closes a couple hours early to regular guests. On Halloween the same thing happens but that is also the currently planned opening date of Big Thunder Mountain so it might be a little busier after it's nearly year lone closure but the crowds isolate to that attraction. Also Small World will be closed and no Fantasmic or fireworks(outside the parties).

If you wait until November fireworks and Fantasmic nightly. This is because Thursday the 28th is Thanksgiving Day. It a very busy time to visit something you may want to avoid. Go the week before or after and it's much better.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Thank you, Swampymarsh for the reply. I will go at Halloween.