Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 143954616263646566677489 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Thanks, kirstenh. I think we will head into Tomorrowland first and check the lines for Star Tours and Space Mountain, eithet riding or collecting FastPasses, and then heading over to the Adventureland/Critter Country/NOS side while the park is still uncrowded.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by The Linkster View Post
    Thanks, kirstenh. I think we will head into Tomorrowland first and check the lines for Star Tours and Space Mountain, eithet riding or collecting FastPasses, and then heading over to the Adventureland/Critter Country/NOS side while the park is still uncrowded.
    FP distribution will start at regular park opening. Since you are coming at rope drop, I would aim to have one person with the ticket try to get to the front on the right side. Then rush to get Space Mountain FPs. While the rest head into Adventureland. the FP runner can meet up with them. A single person can move quicker than a group.

If you get the first FP quickly the return time will be around 8:45. So then at 8:45 grab your next FP which I would suggest be for Indy.

Also I saw your post on your child's ride height dilemma. If he can't ride some of the big rides I have two suggestions. Still use their ticket to get FPs, all ticket are good for FPs even if the child is too short or young to ride. Also you can use FP and get a rider swap pass for the others. Rider switch for the FP attractions tends to be through the FP line. So in affect you get in the FP line with less FPs when a child can't ride. Rider Swap is a program that lets part of the group ride, and the rest wait with a child who can't ride, then those who waited get on the ride with minimum wait.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Swampy thanks for your answers on the previous page re: september. Do we have a closures list for Sep yet or is that too far out?
    You mentioned hours will be short - like 10-8 short, or 10-6 short?

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    FP distribution will start at regular park opening. Since you are coming at rope drop, I would aim to have one person with the ticket try to get to the front on the right side. Then rush to get Space Mountain FPs. While the rest head into Adventureland. the FP runner can meet up with them. A single person can move quicker than a group.

If you get the first FP quickly the return time will be around 8:45. So then at 8:45 grab your next FP which I would suggest be for Indy.

Also I saw your post on your child's ride height dilemma. If he can't ride some of the big rides I have two suggestions. Still use their ticket to get FPs, all ticket are good for FPs even if the child is too short or young to ride. Also you can use FP and get a rider swap pass for the others. Rider switch for the FP attractions tends to be through the FP line. So in affect you get in the FP line with less FPs when a child can't ride. Rider Swap is a program that lets part of the group ride, and the rest wait with a child who can't ride, then those who waited get on the ride with minimum wait.
    Thank you, swampymarsh, for your always helpful advice.

I don't think it was my question about a child who is not tall enough to go on rides.

I'm a little hesitant to collect the FastPass, go do something else, get a new FastPass, and then use the first FastPass. As other people have mentioned, there is a lot of time and energy going back and forth from place to place within the park, especially since they are enforcing the return times on the FastPasses.

We usually don't use the FastPasses so aggressively, but I think it would work especially well when the park is crowded. I'll keep this in mind and see how it goes next week. But I'll definitely remember this the next time we go around the holidays and are faced with big crowds. Thanks again.

I am planning to go to disneyland between the end of march to sometime in the middle of may what days between then would be the least busy? I am trying to research for the spring breaks and trying to avoid them. This will be my boyfriends first time going in about 15 years.

I don't think it was my question about a child who is not tall enough to go on rides.
    It was mine, I didn't know we could do Rider Swap with FastPass. Thanks for that Swampy! I'm familiar with Rider Swap, but not utilizing it along with our fastpasses.

• Under that tree again!

We usually don't use the FastPasses so aggressively, but I think it would work especially well when the park is crowded. I'll keep this in mind and see how it goes next week. But I'll definitely remember this the next time we go around the holidays and are faced with big crowds. Thanks again.
    Sorry I did get mixed up.

Just try it out. As you go attraction to attraction you will pass the FastPass distribution kiosks so you can work it in. For example, you will pass the Star Tours of Autopia FPs going to Space Mountain. If you start with Adventureland. Do like I suggested by FP Indy instead, and then when you get to Splash get a FP there too. The timing will be about just right and Splash is just a minute further from the Haunted Mansion exit. Then you could ride Indy on your way to another land, and Splash when its warmer.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by lovelacette View Post
    I am planning to go to disneyland between the end of march to sometime in the middle of may what days between then would be the least busy? I am trying to research for the spring breaks and trying to avoid them. This will be my boyfriends first time going in about 15 years.
    Spring Break is spread out, from mid March to mid April. It's focused around Easter and the start of April. Since next year Easter is later, April 20th, ou want to wait until after.

Late April is good to shoot for, for a mix of longer hours and more entertainment. By the end of April start of May it's slow, and rehabs increase hours decrease.

Starting on the 21st should be ok, the next week good, and the first full week of May should be ok.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Is Father's Day typically a busy day in the parks? It'll be our first day of a four day visit, so not worried about having to squeeze everything in that day...just wanting to know what to expect crowd-wise.

As a general rule of thumb, most schools are out either the week before Easter or the week after, so if Easter is April 20th, there will still be a lot of schools with Spring Break on the week of April 21st.

• Evil is Sexy

My in-laws are coming the end of July... I know it's going to be packed, I just wish I could convince them to come sometime during off-season when the weather is cooler and the crowds are less frenzied.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by LacyBelle View Post
    Is Father's Day typically a busy day in the parks? It'll be our first day of a four day visit, so not worried about having to squeeze everything in that day...just wanting to know what to expect crowd-wise.
    Yes it is typically busy. School is out, it's summer and a weekend. Make the best of it and don't expect your other days to be much better, just a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    My in-laws are coming the end of July... I know it's going to be packed, I just wish I could convince them to come sometime during off-season when the weather is cooler and the crowds are less frenzied.

Keep wishing. It is busy but if you can go on weekdays.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Thank you swampy! The first week of may sounds great :-)

Hello! I'm a long time reader but first time poster. We are planning a long awaited return to Disneyland this September. I know that Labor Day Weekend is going to be busy, but typically how busy is the week of Labor Day (September 3-6)? Also, I am aware of the closure of Haunted Mansion for the holiday overlay, but what other closures/refurbs are anticipated for that time period? Thank you so much for your help!!!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by tallmouse View Post
    Hello! I'm a long time reader but first time poster. We are planning a long awaited return to Disneyland this September. I know that Labor Day Weekend is going to be busy, but typically how busy is the week of Labor Day (September 3-6)? Also, I am aware of the closure of Haunted Mansion for the holiday overlay, but what other closures/refurbs are anticipated for that time period? Thank you so much for your help!!!
    It's moderately busy. Usually if you go in expecting busy that week is nice.

Big Thunder Mountain will also be closed. Other than that we will have to wait and see.
    Be Cool Stay in School!