Page 65 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1540556263646566676875 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 1330
  1. #961

    • Avid MC reader since 2005
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    518

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    If I remember right, to everyone's surprise, last August turned out to be pretty quiet with low crowds. I know some AP's are blocked out the first couple weeks of August. I think what happened was that when they were unblocked last year we didn't see the influx of returning AP's that was expected. Am I remembering right?

    I'm trying to decide between an August trip or first week of September.

  2. #962

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Thank you so much for you response and input swampymarsh! I am a little confused because the crown predictors show that to be a traditionally slow time, but now a lot of people are saying that week is packed! Like you said...I guess I'll plan on it being packed and be pleasantly surprised if it's not. Thanks again!

  3. #963

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,433

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    If I remember right, to everyone's surprise, last August turned out to be pretty quiet with low crowds. I know some AP's are blocked out the first couple weeks of August. I think what happened was that when they were unblocked last year we didn't see the influx of returning AP's that was expected. Am I remembering right?

    I'm trying to decide between an August trip or first week of September.
    APs get unblocked around when school years restart. Sometimes that overlap means although they can get in the park school keeps them away. This summer I doubt it will happen in a major way because there just isn't anything great about this summer unlike the past few years. If you are worried avoid the week with the unblocked 19th to 23rd.

    The next week should be fine but it's also the start of rehabs and HM should close on Monday the 26th.

    Earlier in August it's busy but not awful during the week.

    For the least crowds but still longer hours and fuller entertainment go the first week of September.

    That first week of September does include Labor Day and a half marathon, but the result is runners are tired and mostly local so rest before and go home after. The 3 day weekend after summer is not nearly as big a travel day as a 3 day weekend in the middle of a school year.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  4. #964

    • Avid MC reader since 2005
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    518

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Thanks, Swampy. Which day is the half marathon?

  5. #965

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,433

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    Thanks, Swampy. Which day is the half marathon?

    I'd have to look but I think there is a family 5K and 10K on Saturday the 31st. On Sunday the 1st is the Half. Then Monday the 2nd is Labor Day of course.

    On Sunday there will be no Morning Magic in DL and DCA may open at 9 instead of 8am with no EMH. The race goes from the parks to the Angels Stadium and back to the resort. It starts early I think about 5 or 5:30 but had a lot of runners so the start is staggered. Anyway the all go to the parks first so they are out for opening.

    The resort hotels tend to be busy as people sleep there to get up for the early start. The roads are messy too so it's best to stay within walking on the race day.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  6. #966

    • Tokyo Disney Sea Cast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    212

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Going to Disneyland Resort next week.
    How bad are the crowds? On a Scale of 1-10.
    Also, any tips on getting RSR Fastpasses?
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

    Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!



  7. #967

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    2,227

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    The only tip I can give you for getting an RSR fastpass is to get in line for them as soon as the parks open. They usually run out within an hour of park opening. The line is enormous and looks intimidating, but it goes quickly so you'll be done in about 25 minutes, tops.

    It will be busy and crowded, but if you plan for that you should be fine.

  8. #968

    • Tokyo Disney Sea Cast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    212

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Thanks for the tip, usually, where does the line start? I also heard that RSR fastpasses are not connected to the "network" which allows you to get another FP right after, Is this true?
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

    Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!



  9. #969

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,433

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    Thanks for the tip, usually, where does the line start? I also heard that RSR fastpasses are not connected to the "network" which allows you to get another FP right after, Is this true?
    Yes you can get another FP right before or after getting one for RSR.

    It starts in front of the Carthay Theatre and stretches in to Hollywood Land. You can line up during rope drop, when the gates let you in 30 minute before opening into Beuna Vista Street, at opening the line is walked up to the FP distribution that is close to the Rte 66 entrance of Carsland.

    To put a number on it, crowds will be 8+, but the super heat wave is keeping crowds down. So if the heat continues it may be better, drink lots of water either way.

    I also have a little tip for this week. Watch the special July 4th fireworks on another day, the show goes all week. Stay out of DL on the 4th, it gets more and more packed as the day goes on because a lot of people want to see fireworks there. It's a good day to get a FP for World of Color, since the WoC viewing has a max capacity, where as more and more people squeeze in for a fireworks view.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  10. #970

    • Tokyo Disney Sea Cast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    212

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Yes you can get another FP right before or after getting one for RSR.

    It starts in front of the Carthay Theatre and stretches in to Hollywood Land. You can line up during rope drop, when the gates let you in 30 minute before opening into Beuna Vista Street, at opening the line is walked up to the FP distribution that is close to the Rte 66 entrance of Carsland.

    To put a number on it, crowds will be 8+, but the super heat wave is keeping crowds down. So if the heat continues it may be better, drink lots of water either way.

    I also have a little tip for this week. Watch the special July 4th fireworks on another day, the show goes all week. Stay out of DL on the 4th, it gets more and more packed as the day goes on because a lot of people want to see fireworks there. It's a good day to get a FP for World of Color, since the WoC viewing has a max capacity, where as more and more people squeeze in for a fireworks view.
    Thank You Very Much, I know this might not relate to the crowds, however will it be possible to get a WOC fastpass right after getting FPs for RSR? I know its possible but will it be a wise decision time wise? OR should I get another FP (maybe TOT or Soarin)
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

    Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!



  11. #971

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    2,227

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Both RSR and Woc are not networked, so you can get one of each and still grab one for another attraction if you want. For example, you can get a FP for RSR, then get one for Woc and then go get one for ToT.

  12. #972

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    130

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Hi Swampymarsh. Thanks for your informed opinion and advice about past visits.

    My wife and I are planning to make a visit with our kids sometime in the fall or before the end of the year. We were thinking about a weekend visit in early to mid-September before the HalloweenTime promotion starts to avoid the crowds, but I was looking on Touring Plans, and saw that in December, weekdays as late as the week of the 16th to 20th have low crowds.

    Does that sound right? I would think local schools take their winter breaks at different times, and lots of schools (and school kids) would be out of school by the week before Christmas.

    Do you know how frequently Touring Plans updates their crowd figures, and a crowd forecast of 3 suddenly becomes a 6 a couple of weeks before that projected date? I believe this kind of thing has happened at least once for a planned visit before.

    Thanks very much.

  13. #973

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,433

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    Thank You Very Much, I know this might not relate to the crowds, however will it be possible to get a WOC fastpass right after getting FPs for RSR? I know its possible but will it be a wise decision time wise? OR should I get another FP (maybe TOT or Soarin)
    What kirsetnh said is correct. I would suggest holding off on WoC just because the FPs don't run out quickly. On the 4th they may but usually you can get them into the afternoon on busy days. It really depends on what show you want to view, since the FPs are distributed first show and when all gone the second show's FP are distributed. It also goes Blue zone then Yellow for each show. So I'm just saying you may want to ride something before lines build before getting a WoC FP, distributed at the Grizzly River Rapids FP kiosks.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  14. #974

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,433

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    Does that sound right? I would think local schools take their winter breaks at different times, and lots of schools (and school kids) would be out of school by the week before Christmas.

    Do you know how frequently Touring Plans updates their crowd figures, and a crowd forecast of 3 suddenly becomes a 6 a couple of weeks before that projected date? I believe this kind of thing has happened at least once for a planned visit before.
    I don't know that TP updates on a rolling schedule. I feel that mostly they have data for everyday and sometimes adjust it early or later depending on who knows what. Sometimes days are off by a lot because the 4th of July is always busy, but the 1st of July could fall in the same or a different week than the 4th. This can be bad for people who need to plan month out.

    With breaks for year round occurring mostly in October and some in November it's tricky planning for a best weekend.

    The weekend after Labor Day is ok. The last two weeks of September are ok. The second week when Halloween Kicks off is a good bit worse.

    For the final week of September through October you have to keep in mind that there are Halloween Parties on Friday nights. If you are there for a long weekend that includes a Friday you may want to avoid that period. But if you are attending a party, avoid the first weekend of October and the 3rd weekend.

    In November the 1st weekend is great but has parade taping if it doesn't rain. You often hear that that makes it crowded but only a slight pinch going down Main Street, the parks don't have high attendance. Then avoid the next weekend of November and the weekend after Thanksgiving. The first weekend in December and the next one are usually ok, but forthcoming information on the Candlelight procession may rule them out.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  15. #975

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    130

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

    With breaks for year round occurring mostly in October and some in November it's tricky planning for a best weekend.

    The weekend after Labor Day is ok. The last two weeks of September are ok. The second week when Halloween Kicks off is a good bit worse.

    For the final week of September through October you have to keep in mind that there are Halloween Parties on Friday nights. If you are there for a long weekend that includes a Friday you may want to avoid that period. But if you are attending a party, avoid the first weekend of October and the 3rd weekend.

    In November the 1st weekend is great but has parade taping if it doesn't rain. You often hear that that makes it crowded but only a slight pinch going down Main Street, the parks don't have high attendance. Then avoid the next weekend of November and the weekend after Thanksgiving. The first weekend in December and the next one are usually ok, but forthcoming information on the Candlelight procession may rule them out.
    Thank you for the very thorough information. If we go on a weekend, early or mid November might be our best bet.

    I didn't communicate this well, but what about the weekdays of the week of December 16-20? I was surprised that the crowd times were pretty low during the week before Christmas.

    Aren't a lot of local schools on vacation by then? I know the week between Christmas and New Year's is crazy busy, but wouldn't this extend to the week before Christmas? I was expecting slightly lower than spring break-type crowds.

Similar Threads

  1. [News] When Will it Be Busy at Disneyland - 2009 Edition
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1389
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:16 AM
  2. [News] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2008?
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 605
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 05:35 PM
  3. [Question] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2009?
    By zip-d-dude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •