Page 66 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1641566364656667686976 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    Thank you for the very thorough information. If we go on a weekend, early or mid November might be our best bet.

I didn't communicate this well, but what about the weekdays of the week of December 16-20? I was surprised that the crowd times were pretty low during the week before Christmas.

Aren't a lot of local schools on vacation by then? I know the week between Christmas and New Year's is crazy busy, but wouldn't this extend to the week before Christmas? I was expecting slightly lower than spring break-type crowds.
    December works like this, calm, moderate, busy, insane. The first week is great during the weekdays the second ok. That 3rd week is one to avoid, and the 4 is one to go on if it's your only chance to travel. Once nice thing about the Holidays is the entertainment is nightly(as they don't have parties in DLR like WDW, yet). Unlike Halloween where the fireworks and parade are exclusive to the parties, and the regular fireworks are on Saturday and Sunday along with Fantasmic! Of course a cool thing about going in October is you can hit a party and see the special fireworks and then on the weekend see the regular fireworks.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Thank you again for the info, Swampymarsh. Touring Plans had the first two or three days of that third week of December listed as 3 in crowds, so my first impulse that the numbers must be inaccurate was probably right. I think we'll aim for a visit in early September instead.

My family made two weekend trips in 2012, one in early October and one in early November. The crowds were manageable for the first 2-3 hours, and then really crowded for the rest of the day. We used FastPass a lot and spent time in places like Big Thunder Ranch playing the carnival games and watching the shows to have things to do without waiting in long lines. I guess the days of minimal crowds on a Saturday are increasingly rare, especially since California Adventure had its reopening.

we are here for 3 weeks in july 2013. Apparently we overlap the OC fair. Weekdays the crowd index is in the 80s but on the weekends it is been around 60 max and as low as 30 until 12 or 1pm.

I dont know if it is the deluxes being screened out on weekends or the fair, but we are skipping weekdays and only going on the weekends during this trip.

We are planning our last DL trip for a while as we are expecting our third child and will be in newborn mode for a while. Planning to be in DL/DCA Aug 25-30. When does Haunted Mansion and Space Mtn close? Any idea what crowds will be like? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica32 View Post
    We are planning our last DL trip for a while as we are expecting our third child and will be in newborn mode for a while. Planning to be in DL/DCA Aug 25-30. When does Haunted Mansion and Space Mtn close? Any idea what crowds will be like? TIA
    Haunted Mansion is scheduled to close on 8/26, so you'll want to make sure to catch it on the 25th.
    You should be good for Space, as it's not scheduled to close until 9/9 (it's a much less detailed overlay, so doesn't take as much time).

As far as that week goes, we've gone during that time for the past few years and found the crowds to be very manageable. You also have the benefit of longer hours and summer entertainment during that period.

Have a great trip!
    o

Thanks, LacyBelle! Appreciate the info. It will be our last trip for a while, as we are from Utah, traveling with two toddlers, and I am pregnant....I'm tired already!

You can go to isitpacked.com its very helpful
    HAVE A ZIPPIDY DOO DAH DAY
    ~HAKUNA MATATA~
    Amanda

Do you guys tend to find touringplans.com accurate in its predictions?

I'm planning on being at DL the week prior to Labor Day (Aug 26-30). Touringplans.com has historical crowd data going back to 2006- and when I examine it, there is a marked dropoff that week from the rest of the summer- i.e. the week prior to Labor Day is almost always 3-4's at the most (out of 10), and often 1-2.
    But when I look at predicted crowd levels for Aug 2013, touringplans.com has that week at all 7's-8's, the same as the prior two weeks. Is there some reason that this year the "usual" dropoff prior to Labor Day wouldn't occur? If not, I can't see why they wouldn't predict the usual dropoff, since it's happened every year going back to 2006. We can't explain this by Cars Land opening, it opened June 2012 and still last year, there was a large dropoff the week prior to Labor Day. Is this a bad/lazy prediction by touringplans.com for this year, or is there something going on in 2013 that wasn't happening from 2006-2012?

• Under that tree again!

I wouldn't worry about their prediction. It may be because they didn't shift the dates to the week of the month they are falling on this year.

There is a big convention on the 30th, but don't worry. It will fill hotels south of the parks, but not the parks.

It's a good time to go to catch summer, but is when rehabs start, so some things will be closed like the Haunted Mansion.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 08-07-2013 at 09:36 PM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Honestly, its always going to be crowded at Disneyland. But there are times to go where it is not the normal crowded. In September or in between Halloween and Christmas are probably the best times kids have gone back to school and people are getting settled with the holidays. I used to go every year around those times and it was amazing. There was no long waits and we had a blast!!

• Banned User

DL hotel trip planned for sept 18th-22nd - first time with baby (8months) - tips / crowd levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    DL hotel trip planned for sept 18th-22nd - first time with baby (8months) - tips / crowd levels?
    September won't be bad crowd-wise, but as it is their off-season they will be closing earlier and opening later, so you may have less hours in the park. The trade-off is that there will be less people too.

If you want to do adult rides, make sure you grab a stroller pass (from the cms at the entrance to each attraction) - it allows you to go through the line together and then switch off so that one of you stays with the baby while the other rides, then you can switch and ride right away without having to wait in line all over again.

We are planning a trip in November. 11/6-11/11/2013 or 11/10-11/15 or 11/16? How will the crowds be then?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by UnderCvrDisneyGeek View Post
    We are planning a trip in November. 11/6-11/11/2013 or 11/10-11/15 or 11/16? How will the crowds be then?
    Good to just ok on the weekend of the first period. Generally for those low crowds you will give up a lot. Lots of closed attractions and no fireworks.

The second period is good to a bit worse than ok on the weekend. It's when the Holiday Season begins. Lots of people will arrive on the weekend. It is a good time to go to see the Holiday in the park.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

My daughter is in a dance company that is performing in Disneyland and California Adventure the week of AZ Spring break 2014 (3/10 - 3/15). We can get 3 day park hoppers at a group rate (pretty big discount) but we are trying to decide what day of the week to go on that she isn't dancing. We have to hit DCA on Thursday 3/13 and Disneyland on 3/14 because she is dancing those days.

What would be better for our 3rd "floating" day? We were thinking of either doing Tuesday 3/11 or Saturday 3/15. All SoCal and Deluxe passes are blocked on that Saturday 3/15, so I was kind of thinking on doing it that day. However, three days in a row of theme parks with no breaks seems like it might be a bit too much. How do you think the crowds will be on Tuesday 3/11? Are Tuesdays still one of the lightest days to go on?