Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 174257646566676869707792 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1503

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

I often go for 4 days in a row, so I don't think 3 days in a row is a lot.

Even when accounting for blockouts, Tues- Thurs are much less crowded, but Saturday has longer hours. If you want a (slightly) less crowded park, go with Tueesday. If you want more crowds but longer hours, go with Saturday.

Hello and thanks for all the answers! Everyone who has a part in this forum is awesome!

My girlfriend and I are going to be in the park Decmber 12-14. We are getting into Anaheim on the 11th and leaving the 15th. We have the 3-day Park Hopper. I was thinking of using the magic morning on Thursday for DLR, focusing on DCA on Friday, and maybe trying to do the holiday guided tour at DLR on Saturday. Should we use the magic morning on Saturday?
    Is it going to be packed?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bacevedo View Post
    My daughter is in a dance company that is performing in Disneyland and California Adventure the week of AZ Spring break 2014 (3/10 - 3/15). We can get 3 day park hoppers at a group rate (pretty big discount) but we are trying to decide what day of the week to go on that she isn't dancing. We have to hit DCA on Thursday 3/13 and Disneyland on 3/14 because she is dancing those days.

What would be better for our 3rd "floating" day? We were thinking of either doing Tuesday 3/11 or Saturday 3/15. All SoCal and Deluxe passes are blocked on that Saturday 3/15, so I was kind of thinking on doing it that day. However, three days in a row of theme parks with no breaks seems like it might be a bit too much. How do you think the crowds will be on Tuesday 3/11? Are Tuesdays still one of the lightest days to go on?
    Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I often go for 4 days in a row, so I don't think 3 days in a row is a lot.

Even when accounting for blockouts, Tues- Thurs are much less crowded, but Saturday has longer hours. If you want a (slightly) less crowded park, go with Tueesday. If you want more crowds but longer hours, go with Saturday.
    I would make one other consideration. Like Kristen said 1 more day is great but on top of 3 you will already have done a lot, and not need to greatly use it.

You may want to opt for the Saturday. That time of year is early/mild Spring Break. That may be the week when hours go long, and entertainment goes nightly. If not you may need that Saturday to see fireworks/Fantasmic! and Disney in the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchumpy View Post
    Hello and thanks for all the answers! Everyone who has a part in this forum is awesome!

My girlfriend and I are going to be in the park Decmber 12-14. We are getting into Anaheim on the 11th and leaving the 15th. We have the 3-day Park Hopper. I was thinking of using the magic morning on Thursday for DLR, focusing on DCA on Friday, and maybe trying to do the holiday guided tour at DLR on Saturday. Should we use the magic morning on Saturday?
    Is it going to be packed?

Thanks in advance for the answers!
    You may want to do MM on Saturday. You may want to sleep in instead being that it's later in your trip. My reason why is that since you are using some of the morning for the tour, you are giving up short lines for the tour, so may want some rides first.

Stick around MC. Let other share their experiences and knowledge with you as you plan, and share yours with others.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Thanks for the info. We decided to go on Tuesday for our 3rd floating day. We were never considering 4 days. It's during AZ spring break, so I would imagine Disney will be upping their hours that week because the 'Zonies will be coming!

The concern for doing 3 days in a row wasn't really for me, but my 7 year old daughter (who will be 8 at the time) and my two sons (will be 13 and 11 at the time). With my daughter having dance performances on Thursday (in DCA) and Friday (in DL) coupled with a Disney taught dance class for 2 hours backstage on Friday, I was afraid that she would be exhausted and not really up for another full day in Disneyland on Saturday.

Plus, I don't like driving back to AZ on the Sunday right before school is back in session after Spring break - makes for a difficult Monday morning getting everyone up and ready for school. We'll drive back on Saturday instead and have Sunday to adjust back into life a little more slowly.

We'll drive out on Monday, hit DL on Tuesday, beach and relax on Wednesday, and then Thursday and Friday will be DCA and DL again wrapped around the dance performance schedule. Saturday will be our drive home.

And for those that are interested, the group rates are pretty good. We can get a 3 day park hopper for $168 vs the $260 Disney normally charges! Micechat should look into doing group buys and allowing people to purchase discounted tickets through them!

We're planning another vacation to Disneyland this year with the family.

Last year we attended the parks just after Thanksgiving from November 25 - December 2. The crowds were great, we spent a day at Universal and had the park to ourselves. We had a great time but it rained a couple of days and overcast for most of the holiday. We're from Vancouver so a little rain doesn't bother us much but it's always nice to have a break from the winter dreariness. I think we were just unlucky with the weather.

In 2011 we're in the park October 14 - 21. It was definitely a lot busy in the parks during this vacation.

This year we are thinking about the first week in November, the 3rd to the 10th. The 10th is the weekend just before Veteran's Day so I'm not sure how busy it will be that weekend.

When i the best week to go in November. We typically stay the complete week, Sunday to Sunday. Any recommendation?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by credekop View Post
    I think we were just unlucky with the weather.

This year we are thinking about the first week in November, the 3rd to the 10th. The 10th is the weekend just before Veteran's Day so I'm not sure how busy it will be that weekend.

When i the best week to go in November. We typically stay the complete week, Sunday to Sunday. Any recommendation?
    That's a good way to put it about the rain, unlucky. In SoCal it rains now and then, nothing close to always as in the PNW. In Socal their can be a little fall or spring rain but the wet season starts in November and ends in March. Only about 5 rainy days per month which can happen in clusters.

The 3rd to 10th is a dead time, the slowest time of the year. It does have drawbacks, lots of construction, closures, and it's between Halloween and the Holidays.

People often worry about Veteran's Day, but it's not a huge deal. Few people make it a time to get to the parks. Don't make it a concern, we all get a bigger holiday a couple weeks later where most of the country travels instead, Thanksgiving.

I would highly suggest you go a week later. You should have nightly fireworks, an evening parade starting on the 12th(the official start of the Holidays), and a special World of Color starts on Friday the 15th. Crowds are still small.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Any opinions on Dec. 1-6 versus Dec. 8-13?

Thank you!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by orange car View Post
    Any opinions on Dec. 1-6 versus Dec. 8-13?

Thank you!
    There is a difference but it's not huge. Crowds go up each week in December, good, ok, bad, awful or as I usually put it, low, moderate, busy, insane. Both week aren't bad. There may be some, yet to be announced drawbacks. If CM parties happen and sure to happen but when and how often, candlelight processions. Both are typical early in the month, CM parties can close DL early for a couple midweek nights. CP clogs Main Street but doesn't add much crowds everywhere else.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Trying to plan a November trip, we want to see all the Holiday offerings have not been for holidays since 2007, we usually visit in July. Which Thurs - Sat would be better Nov 14-16 or 21-23. Thank you

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by kcmom9194 View Post
    Trying to plan a November trip, we want to see all the Holiday offerings have not been for holidays since 2007, we usually visit in July. Which Thurs - Sat would be better Nov 14-16 or 21-23. Thank you
    Certainly aim for the earlier week end. A lot of people will start arriving on Friday the 22nd because many get a week off and that is the start of their vacation.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Dreamer

Stockton, CA..350 mi away from DLR but that never stops us!

Hello folks! My family is going for 5 days starting Sept 7th. We just looked at the park times and noticed that Mon-Thurs, DLR is only open til 7pm. Is this correct!?

Thoughts on either Saturday, September 14 or Saturday, September 28?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by cpuJesse View Post
    Hello folks! My family is going for 5 days starting Sept 7th. We just looked at the park times and noticed that Mon-Thurs, DLR is only open til 7pm. Is this correct!?
    That is correct for Disneyland Park but not Disney California Adventure. While it may sound better to end in DCA which closes at 8pm, it's open later because it's expected to be busier. Don't make a big deal out of that, crowds will be low anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by I Bet Churros View Post
    Thoughts on either Saturday, September 14 or Saturday, September 28?
    It's really a toss up. They will both be busy days. On the 14th a lot of people will be there to see the newly opened Halloween things which start on the 13th. On the 28th a lot of people will be there for multiday visits since they went to the first party on the night of the 27th.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

We are going to Disneyland from Oct 31 - Nov 4. Don't they usually film the Christmas Day parade the first weekend of November? I'm starting to worry that it is going to be super crowded!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees321 View Post
    We are going to Disneyland from Oct 31 - Nov 4. Don't they usually film the Christmas Day parade the first weekend of November? I'm starting to worry that it is going to be super crowded!
    They do film, planned on Saturday and Sunday as the back up. It adds nearly nothing to the crowds and merely a pinch point on Main Street. Only a few floats and handful of dancers are used. They can be doing multiple takes of a few scenes using the floats and dancers. It's not a full parade and only a small spectacle.

While Halloween will have plenty of people and a busy part in the evening, it will be a moderate weekend with no fireworks and slow weekdays.
    Be Cool Stay in School!