Page 68 of 105 FirstFirst ... 184358656667686970717893 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1572

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

How are the crowds the first week all the christmas stuff is up?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by calvegas04 View Post
    How are the crowds the first week all the christmas stuff is up?
    Not bad. It's moderate at worst during the week.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Hi guys! what do you think about the 2nd week of January 2014, which is Jan 6-9? I heard from my friend that Disneyland would be like a ghost town during those days. I will be going with my husband and 2 small kids from halfway around the world so less crowds is better for us. We will go to Disneyland for 3 days during the week, is it better to go on Monday - Wednesday or Tuesday - Thursday? Any opinion will be greatly appreciated . Thanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by soyukamaru View Post
    Hi guys! what do you think about the 2nd week of January 2014, which is Jan 6-9? I heard from my friend that Disneyland would be like a ghost town during those days. I will be going with my husband and 2 small kids from halfway around the world so less crowds is better for us. We will go to Disneyland for 3 days during the week, is it better to go on Monday - Wednesday or Tuesday - Thursday? Any opinion will be greatly appreciated . Thanks a bunch!
    be careful disneyland might only be open till like 5pm those days

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by soyukamaru View Post
    Very quiet. I would suggest Tuesday- Thursday just because of the time change, you may want the extra day to adjust. Be ready that while the parks are calm, the hours are short, no fireworks or Fantasmic. A lot of attractions will be close from maintenance too. 3 days with the low crowds, will let you see a lot.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

How does everyone expect crowds to be the first week of October? We have 5-day hoppers and will be flying in on Monday 9/30, attending the Halloween Party on Tuesday 10/1, and flying out Saturday 10/5.

Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    How does everyone expect crowds to be the first week of October? We have 5-day hoppers and will be flying in on Monday 9/30, attending the Halloween Party on Tuesday 10/1, and flying out Saturday 10/5.

Thanks!
    Not bad. But on Tuesday very busy from 5-6, a good time to have a dinner reservation.

But On Friday will be an even bigger problem. As you aren't going to a party, you should do two things. Again do a dinner reservation, between 5 and 7 this night as it will be crazy busy. Also see World of Color which requires a Fast Pass that you will need to get earlier in the day.

On Friday the parks will get busier through out the day and feel crowded about 4. It will get terribly busy between 5-7 and as the Halloween Party guests take over Disneyland Park and regular guests will move into California Adventure. At the first show of World Of Color you want to be in that reserved viewing area that you need a Fast Pass to get into. While WoC is showing for the evening, a couple of the attractions near it close and the rides that are open get very long waits. After that show guests will simply start to slowly give up on being in the parks, take it easy and make the best of it.

Get rides in, especially the special Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain, and see the villians by Small World, outside of the party hours.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Not bad. But on Tuesday very busy from 5-6, a good time to have a dinner reservation.

But On Friday will be an even bigger problem. As you aren't going to a party, you should do two things. Again do a dinner reservation, between 5 and 7 this night as it will be crazy busy. Also see World of Color which requires a Fast Pass that you will need to get earlier in the day.

On Friday the parks will get busier through out the day and feel crowded about 4. It will get terribly busy between 5-7 and as the Halloween Party guests take over Disneyland Park and regular guests will move into California Adventure. At the first show of World Of Color you want to be in that reserved viewing area that you need a Fast Pass to get into. While WoC is showing for the evening, a couple of the attractions near it close and the rides that are open get very long waits. After that show guests will simply start to slowly give up on being in the parks, take it easy and make the best of it.

Get rides in, especially the special Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain, and see the villians by Small World, outside of the party hours.
    Thank you so much for the advice! I haven't been to Disneyland since before DCA opened and my husband has never been so I am trying to make this trip extra-special. I hadn't even thought about making dinner reservations since we normally sit down for lunch and snack our way through dinner. Time to work on some new plans!

Friday evening is indeed my biggest worry. The calendar still has only one WOC scheduled (9:00 pm). Do you think that it is likely to change? I'm afraid that we will just be overwhelmed by the crowds and the wait. Husband isn't a big fan of WDW's nighttime entertainment so I was really just thinking we would watch WOC from Cove Bar on Wednesday or Thursday as I mainly just want to see the fountains and don't care about the cover charge.

We may give up on Friday evening at DCA entirely. I'm hoping we'll have time to work everything in, including some relaxation, since we will have Monday afternoon and evening, all day Tuesday, including the party, all day Wednesday and Thursday, and Friday before it gets crazy. Disneyland was always a one-day trip when I was growing up and I've no real idea how long it will take now (no kids - but I do like the kid rides). I almost never make it to California and we also need to build in time for In-n-Out, fish tacos, and good Mexican anyway. I'll happily take recommendations on the fish tacos and the Mexican food - we will have a car and like it authentic.

Fridays and Saturdays are normally busy, but how about Nov 8-9? Thinking of a quick trip, and just wondering if there's anything unusual going on that weekend.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by kaspangle View Post
    Fridays and Saturdays are normally busy, but how about Nov 8-9? Thinking of a quick trip, and just wondering if there's anything unusual going on that weekend.
    Do expect crowds, especially that is when Holiday stuff begins a soft opening, if you will. Small World reopens, holiday fireworks begin. T

he big thing that can make a difference on weekend crowds during non vacations is the weather. October is the tail of hot and dry, December is the start of cold and wet, November is the transition that can be one way or the other. You will be going when it can be hot or cold, dry or wet. If weather is bad people will stay home, if it's nice they may be getting out while they still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    I hadn't even thought about making dinner reservations since we normally sit down for lunch and snack our way through dinner. Time to work on some new plans! Understandably you may not be one for table service or expensive meals. You may want to have dinner at somewhere like the Hungry Bear(but it's in DL), Board Walk Pizza and Pasta in DCA, or Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel(but then you will have to get back into the park). Also relaxing for drinks at Trader Sams's in the Disneyland Hotels, anywhere in Downtown Disney, or in the Carthay Lounge, Cove Bar or Alfresco Lounge all in DCA, is an options. Just try to get those limited tables by 5 pm and take your time

And to be clear the reservation is to save waiting. Not only will have long waits, but after 5 pm so will tables, registers and rest rooms.

Friday evening is indeed my biggest worry. The calendar still has only one WOC scheduled (9:00 pm). Do you think that it is likely to change? I'm afraid that we will just be overwhelmed by the crowds and the wait. Husband isn't a big fan of WDW's nighttime entertainment so I was really just thinking we would watch WOC from Cove Bar on Wednesday or Thursday as I mainly just want to see the fountains and don't care about the cover charge. I think that may be the only show, but one could be added on the same day.

Your husband may have a big problem. At the Party you really want to see the parade and fireworks, and you have to wait a solid hour or two to get great spots to see them. People stake out their spots for these shows at a super high rate.

Also for WoC you do need to get a spot early, about 45 minutes early.

I do suggest you get good spots to view these shows as they are excellent and worth the time for your one chance.

We may give up on Friday evening at DCA entirely. I'm hoping we'll have time to work everything in, including some relaxation, since we will have Monday afternoon and evening, all day Tuesday, including the party, all day Wednesday and Thursday, and Friday before it gets crazy. Disneyland was always a one-day trip when I was growing up and I've no real idea how long it will take now (no kids - but I do like the kid rides). About 2.5 days now. You really do have plenty of slow time to see and do it all. It's just that you want to do the party stuff at the party and use that opportunity.

On Friday evening you can see things like the mini pop up shows, the neon lighting up in Carsland, and Mad T Party. Explore the Animation Academy or enjoy the longer attraction Disney Aladdin. People watch, find a bench and relax.

I almost never make it to California and we also need to build in time for In-n-Out, fish tacos, and good Mexican anyway. I'll happily take recommendations on the fish tacos and the Mexican food - we will have a car and like it authentic.
    If you go south on West St, aka Disneyland Dr. when it is in the Resort. This is the street the Mickey and Friends Garage and all three hotels are on. Anyway go south on it a couple miles and it end at a "T" intersection. Go just right and there is a good place called Los Sanchez.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Monorail Lover

Off topic, but still related to the thread.

Shouldn't this thread have been either closed back in January, or had the title changed to include 2013?
    Signature down for reimagineering.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatekong View Post
    Shouldn't this thread have been either closed back in January, or had the title changed to include 2013?
    Perhaps, but Disneyland has been getting busy for over half a century, I think it will next year too.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Hello! So my mother-in-law had an idea to go to Disneyland October 31 through November 3rd. Touring plans says the crowds will be a number 2 on Halloween, but it seems to me lots of people would go on Halloween, no? We really want to see all the pumpkin décor but not the scary villain stuff because we have a 3.5 year old and a 1 year old. When do they start taking down all the pumpkin stuff, on Friday Nov 1st or do they it up through the weekend? What do you think about crowds during those four days? I think Small World will be closed and that's a big minus for us because it was closed last time we went (in February) and so my daughter missed it. Thanks in advance for any advice and thoughts you have. We appreciate everything you do SwampyMarsh!

Thank you for your help, as always, swampymarsh.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by maggieminniefan View Post
    Hello! So my mother-in-law had an idea to go to Disneyland October 31 through November 3rd. Touring plans says the crowds will be a number 2 on Halloween, but it seems to me lots of people would go on Halloween, no? We really want to see all the pumpkin décor but not the scary villain stuff because we have a 3.5 year old and a 1 year old. When do they start taking down all the pumpkin stuff, on Friday Nov 1st or do they it up through the weekend? What do you think about crowds during those four days? I think Small World will be closed and that's a big minus for us because it was closed last time we went (in February) and so my daughter missed it. Thanks in advance for any advice and thoughts you have. We appreciate everything you do SwampyMarsh!
    It takes a little time to remove the Halloween stuff, but it does come down starting on the night of the 31st. Each night more and more will disappear. The Big Thunder Ranch will close on the 1st, and stages will be gone that were in use the night before.

It not too scary. So don't worry so much about the kids. You may not want to watch the fireworks, Halloween Screams because people really scream loudly during it. Also avoid Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.

On Halloween I would call it a 3 or 4 and in the evening when the party starts a 8.

Friday the 1st will be calm in the morning and only a little busy after work gets out. The weekend a little busy too.

On the 2nd and 3rd as the back up day, they will be filming the Christmas Parade on Main Street and have a stage on the hub for the announcers to film and some bands to play. It will have some crowding in that area, but not be bad elsewhere.

Small World will be closed as it opens for the following weekend with a theme layover for the Holidays. Also planned to be closed, Fliks Flyers and Dumbo and likely Big Thunder Mountain.
    Be Cool Stay in School!