Page 69 of 101 FirstFirst ... 194459666768697071727994 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1503

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It takes a little time to remove the Halloween stuff, but it does come down starting on the night of the 31st. Each night more and more will disappear. The Big Thunder Ranch will close on the 1st, and stages will be gone that were in use the night before.

It not too scary. So don't worry so much about the kids. You may not want to watch the fireworks, Halloween Screams because people really scream loudly during it. Also avoid Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.

On Halloween I would call it a 3 or 4 and in the evening when the party starts a 8.

Friday the 1st will be calm in the morning and only a little busy after work gets out. The weekend a little busy too.

On the 2nd and 3rd as the back up day, they will be filming the Christmas Parade on Main Street and have a stage on the hub for the announcers to film and some bands to play. It will have some crowding in that area, but not be bad elsewhere.

Small World will be closed as it opens for the following weekend with a theme layover for the Holidays. Also planned to be closed, Fliks Flyers and Dumbo and likely Big Thunder Mountain.

Thank you for this information. Now I'm rethinking the timing of our trip. First, I think Halloween would be more fun when my children are a little older. Second, I don't want to miss Small World because my daughters love that ride and we missed it last trip. Third, if we are going to see pumpkin decorations and they start taking them down the first day we get there, that's not good.

So my new idea is to go November 14-17. According to the Disney blog, all the holiday stuff is up by Nov. 12th? Is this correct? I thought we could never go to see the holiday decorations because my husband is not allowed to take time off between Thanksgiving and Christmas but if they really do have all the Christmas stuff up by Nov. 12th then we could see it. I'm very excited about seeing the holiday decorations and all the stuff that goes with it.

So my two major questions right now are:
    Will ALL the holiday stuff be up and running by Nov. 12th or are there some features that start later, such as seeing Santa and the candlelight thing?
    What do you think the crowds will be like Nov. 14-17?

Thanks for you help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maggieminniefan View Post
    So my new idea is to go November 14-17. According to the Disney blog, all the holiday stuff is up by Nov. 12th? Is this correct? I thought we could never go to see the holiday decorations because my husband is not allowed to take time off between Thanksgiving and Christmas but if they really do have all the Christmas stuff up by Nov. 12th then we could see it. I'm very excited about seeing the holiday decorations and all the stuff that goes with it.

Will ALL the holiday stuff be up and running by Nov. 12th or are there some features that start later, such as seeing Santa and the candlelight thing?

Thanks for you help!!!
    Candlelight Processional starts in December, I think that is pretty much the only thing you would miss. If the blog says everything will be up, all the decorations should be up by then. I only get to go once per year (if I am lucky) and our last 6 trips were either the week before Thanksgiving or the week after. Going two weeks before Thanksgiving, all of the decorations should be up, but the Christmas parade might not be going yet. The week you are going may be a bit transitional, you may see new decorations each day which is a nice treat and if your timing is right, you may get to see the last runs of the "standard" parade and the first runs of the Christmas parade but you would probably need to go on Monday the 18th.

Any way you slice it, good time to go.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by maggieminniefan View Post

As mentioned the Candlight Processional is in early December.

Holiday stuff does start gradually. Like Small World opening on the 8th a Friday, but everything on the 12th the official start. Likewise The Holiday Fireworks starts on Friday.

The Holiday Parade runs once a day but goes to twice on the following weekend. Also the Holiday World of Color had been schedule to start on Friday the 15th but I think it may run earlier but not sure.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I just tried switching our hotel reservations (we're going the 1st week of December), and most of the neighboring hotels are already booked for that week. I keep hearing it's a good time to go (less crowds), but why would the hotels be booked up this far in advance? Is it going to be crowded after all? We are going for 4 days from December 1st thru December 5th.

If you go south on West St, aka Disneyland Dr. when it is in the Resort. This is the street the Mickey and Friends Garage and all three hotels are on. Anyway go south on it a couple miles and it end at a "T" intersection. Go just right and there is a good place called Los Sanchez.
    Thank you so much! You are totally awesome.

I've made us dinner reservations for both Tuesday and Friday and talked to my husband about the crowd situations around the Halloween Party fireworks and WOC so he is at least prepared. And I can't wait for Los Sanchez!!!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by saramommy View Post
    I just tried switching our hotel reservations (we're going the 1st week of December), and most of the neighboring hotels are already booked for that week. I keep hearing it's a good time to go (less crowds), but why would the hotels be booked up this far in advance? Is it going to be crowded after all? We are going for 4 days from December 1st thru December 5th.

It's not going to be busy.

I would suggest checking other booking sites. Your's may of sold all of its rooms. Some sites buy blocks and sell them until gone, while the hotel still has many unsold rooms.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Good to hear! Although, I've checked a couple different booking sites, and quite a few of the same hotels are booked. Of course I'm just looking at hotels that are across the street...maybe those are more popular, and that's the reason??

Can someone give me any insight into how busy the parks are on days when they have a Halloween Party scheduled for the same evening? I'm curious if the parties draw in larger crowds during the day, or if less people go since they'll be going to the party at night instead. We are currently thinking of going to DL on October 18.

Any input on how the crowds might be next week? We are going to be there Sunday through Friday.

Good to hear! Although, I've checked a couple different booking sites, and quite a few of the same hotels are booked. Of course I'm just looking at hotels that are across the street...maybe those are more popular, and that's the reason??

Just tried Costco Travel, they have rooms at the Fairfield available. Couple other things to try, adjust your days (if possible) to see if things open up. If you try Sun-Fri for example, they may be booked only for Sun, thus cancelling the whole reservation.

Also, if you are traveling on Sat or Sun the week after Thanksgiving, be aware that it might be a bit crazy. I would avoid Sunday if at all possible. I know driving down the past few years on the Sunday after Thanksgiving was not fun.

Thanks for the advice Vincent! Although, we have to drive down on Sunday...shoot! What would be the best time to be driving through LA traffic? We are driving down from the central valley...Fresno area. I guess we'll just have to take it slow, which may not be so easy with an 18 month old in the backseat. Haha.

• Under that tree again!

Thanks for the advice Vincent! Although, we have to drive down on Sunday...shoot! What would be the best time to be driving through LA traffic? We are driving down from the central valley...Fresno area. I guess we'll just have to take it slow, which may not be so easy with an 18 month old in the backseat. Haha.
    On Sunday it doesn't really matter. Busy all day not awful at any particular time.

Perhaps what you should do is stay somewhere a little ways out. Even a hotel by the freeway in Pomona or down the street in Garden Grove. Then move on Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by jvehon View Post
    Any input on how the crowds might be next week? We are going to be there Sunday through Friday.
    Sunday busy, then good all week, but Friday is nice until afternoon when it gets bad. Party days after 5 are very busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoon View Post
    Can someone give me any insight into how busy the parks are on days when they have a Halloween Party scheduled for the same evening? I'm curious if the parties draw in larger crowds during the day, or if less people go since they'll be going to the party at night instead. We are currently thinking of going to DL on October 18.
    Can you go another time? It just happens to be that that is going to be the worst Friday of the month. It aligns with a bunch of school breaks. So if you have the chance to switch weeks do so.

Otherwise party days only bump the attendance a little until late afternoon and evening when locals arrive for the party. You would hardly notice a difference otherwise.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

How's the week of December 8th as far as crowds go? We will drive down the 8th and be in the park on the 9th, 10th and 11th. This will be our last family vacation for quite awhile since my youngest son is going into the Army in January. My husband and I were just there last week and the crowds weren't too bad, so I'd be happy if the crowd level was the same.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle8461 View Post
    How's the week of December 8th as far as crowds go? We will drive down the 8th and be in the park on the 9th, 10th and 11th. This will be our last family vacation for quite awhile since my youngest son is going into the Army in January. My husband and I were just there last week and the crowds weren't too bad, so I'd be happy if the crowd level was the same.
    It will be a little worse but not bad. It's a moderate crowd level week.

Take your son to a Flag Retreat in DL. Thank him for serving.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Can you go another time? It just happens to be that that is going to be the worst Friday of the month. It aligns with a bunch of school breaks. So if you have the chance to switch weeks do so.

Otherwise party days only bump the attendance a little until late afternoon and evening when locals arrive for the party. You would hardly notice a difference otherwise.
    Thanks for the info! Unfortunately that's the only day we'll be able to go, so we'll just have to deal with the crowds.