Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

hi there My daughter and I are dropping by Disneyland on Feb 22 (Wed). I see they are open until 10pm, is it busy that day? leftovers from Presidents day? Any info would be great, thanks!
    if i cant be a good example, let me be a horrible warning

• Monorail Junkie

Thank you DisneyGoof

• always, the freaky cat

I'm planning to purchase some "2 for $99" tickets for my family. Due to our busy schedule, these are our only available dates to go. Which 2 days would you spend at Disneyland Resort?

May 26 - Saturday
    - Blocked Out: Deluxe, SoCal, & SoCal Select
    May 28 - Memorial Day - Blocked Out: SoCal Select
    June 2 - Saturday - Blocked Out: Deluxe, SoCal, & SoCal Select
    June 9 - Saturday - Blocked Out: Deluxe, SoCal, & SoCal Select

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsMe View Post
    Im planning on going to the DLR in October for halloween we want to go to the Mickey's halloween party as well, any days/weeks better then other to go??
    For the party Tuesdays work best, basically they are less crowded and add park time to a visit. For general crowd issues during October.... the first week is good, the first weekend is a little extra busy...the second week is ok, the second weekend good.....the third week is bad, the third weekend bad.....the last full week is good, the last weekend good...the partial last week is probably best. To sum it up 22nd to 28th is the best 7 day period.

Quote Originally Posted by DebiDeb View Post
    hi there My daughter and I are dropping by Disneyland on Feb 22 (Wed). I see they are open until 10pm, is it busy that day? leftovers from Presidents day? Any info would be great, thanks!

It is mildly busy, some school districts have the week off. Don't worry about huge crowds but don't expect offseason crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    I'm planning to purchase some "2 for $99" tickets for my family. Due to our busy schedule, these are our only available dates to go. Which 2 days would you spend at Disneyland Resort?

May 26 - Saturday
    - Blocked Out: Deluxe, SoCal, & SoCal Select
    May 28 - Memorial Day - Blocked Out: SoCal Select
    June 2 - Saturday - Blocked Out: Deluxe, SoCal, & SoCal Select
    June 9 - Saturday - Blocked Out: Deluxe, SoCal, & SoCal Select
    I'm pretty sure you have to use the first day by the 1st of June. All of these days will be busy.

The basic risk is Cars Land opens on one of these weekends and waves of people show up for it. If you want Cars Land go on the 9th, if you don't the 2nd. I'd use Memorial day as the first day.

Was planning on going Sept 23-28 does anyone else
    have more info about Indiana Jones and big thunder being closed then like the new al article mentions

• always, the freaky cat

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to use the first day by the 1st of June. All of these days will be busy.
    The fine print I've read says only that the tickets need to be purchased by June 1. I haven't seen anything saying that the first day of use must be by June 1. I hope someone will correct/clarify this if I'm wrong.

Hi Everyone! I’m very excited to be planning our first family trip to Disneyland for my 9 year old twins! My husband is notorious for complaining and being miserable during long lines and heavy crowds, so I am trying very hard to please him and make the trip the best possible. I’m looking at Thursday April 27 - Saturday April 29 OR Thursday May 3 - Saturday May 5. Which weekend is best?

I want to miss any type of school event or anything that will draw a huge crowd. Last year we went to a amusement park when several school districts had all of their soon-to-be freshmen there and we had several problems with line-cutting, inappropriate behaviors/language, etc.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by cbconglom View Post
    Was planning on going Sept 23-28 does anyone else
    have more info about Indiana Jones and big thunder being closed then like the new al article mentions
    I don't have any official date going that far out. September is a typical time for rehabs and it's usual for an E-ticket to get worked on then. Just wait to see if they get staggered a bit when the official calendar shows up in August.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    The fine print I've read says only that the tickets need to be purchased by June 1. I haven't seen anything saying that the first day of use must be by June 1. I hope someone will correct/clarify this if I'm wrong.
    You are correct, you can buy them until the first and use them until the 9th, except for the blackout dates.

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganM View Post
    I’m looking at Thursday April 27 - Saturday April 29 OR Thursday May 3 - Saturday May 5. Which weekend is best?

I want to miss any type of school event or anything that will draw a huge crowd. Last year we went to a amusement park when several school districts had all of their soon-to-be freshmen there and we had several problems with line-cutting, inappropriate behaviors/language, etc.
    Neither weekend should have those problems or any special reason to add to crowds. I would go in April for one simple reason. On those dates in May is a large convention, this means higher prices for hotels near the convention center. Busier dining around the parks and in DTD.

In either case it's over weekend and the parks will be busy. Use fastpass, eat at off hours times, get to the park early and leave late with midday breaks if you need them. Hours will probably be 8 or 9 am to 11 or 12 pm.

^thanks so much! yeah i didn't really mean to complain i recognize i'm going during refurb time

Hello everyone!
    I'm having a hard time to decide when to visit DL: We only have one day and can visit on 11th, 12th or 13th of march. I tend to go on Tuesday but it is Spring break time and on 13th there are no block outs.
    Which day would you choose?
    Thanks for your help!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuf View Post
    I tend to go on Tuesday but it is Spring break time and on 13th there are no block outs.
    I would go on Tuesday. With Spring Break starting on the 9th you don't give up anything because of the day of the week. While it may seem preferable to go on the 11th because of some APs being blocked out, this does not mean that will be the best day. On Tuesday many people will have to work, and in particular this means local parents can't take thier family. You will also not have a problem with families coming for a three day weekend.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 02-27-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Thank you swampy marsh ! I really appreciate your help.
    We will go on Tuesday then.

• Leather Fashion

I just love to watch this information that you have mentioned above.

For the party Tuesdays work best, basically they are less crowded and add park time to a visit. For general crowd issues during October.... the first week is good, the first weekend is a little extra busy...the second week is ok, the second weekend good.....the third week is bad, the third weekend bad.....the last full week is good, the last weekend good...the partial last week is probably best. To sum it up 22nd to 28th is the best 7 day period.
    Swampy Marsh, thanks for all the heavy lifting here. We're thinking about late September or anytime in October to visit. For the above Oct suggestions, what are you basing your recommendations on? Columbus Day and Gay Days for weekend one should make things busy, so that makes sense to me. Is third week bad because of the convention? Or just historical patterns? And once Halloween is upon us, you seem to think the place will be not too busy?

Thanks again

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by wltdzny View Post
    Swampy Marsh, thanks for all the heavy lifting here. We're thinking about late September or anytime in October to visit. For the above Oct suggestions, what are you basing your recommendations on? Columbus Day and Gay Days for weekend one should make things busy, so that makes sense to me. Is third week bad because of the convention? Or just historical patterns? And once Halloween is upon us, you seem to think the place will be not too busy?
    I just used the terms good, bad to make it easy to compare.

The first weekend is extra busy because of Columbus Day and Gay Days. Niether add major crowds but in conjunction is just makes the weekend a little worse than normal. Third week is when Utah and some AZ schools have breaks. While neither of those can make DL crowded it is noticable when you add a little to the small midweek crowds.

Party days which have usually been on Tuesday are usual Tuesdays until evening when it gets busy. Fridays which have been the usual party days are slightly worse because crowds appear a bit earlier. So they have the normal slow Friday morning, but a little more than slow afternoon and then the busy evening.

While it's possibly they could add more party dates, the parties are becoming more successful and the demand is there. This could happen the last partial week but if not it is likely a slow Monday and Tueday and the Halloween night party will probably be like another Tueday party. After Halloween everyone is back to school and it gets quiet the next morning.

Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257 ... LastLast