Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 22626970717273747582 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1317
  1. #1066

    • Genopeid
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    “Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning. ”
    Posts
    22

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by gparzlaw View Post
    Dec. 26 through Dec. 28. I know it is probably the busiest time of all year but we have no choice. Do I have any hope that at least Dec. 26 won't be that bad in the morning? I bought 3 day park hoppers and will probably use our Magic Morning on the 26th. We will upgrade to deluxe annual passes our last day and come back when it is not as busy.
    If there is anyway you can go on Christmas Morning its dead. My son asked Santa to wake up in Disneyland for Christmas, so he did =) Till 12 or 1pm the park was open for us no waits, no crowd control nothing! Then the rest of the week was crazy. But that morning we did Fantasyland Tomorrowland and New Orleans Square and we took the train to each land. But even in crazy times if you just remember to enjoy your self it will be awesome!



  2. #1067

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    22

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Okay, so we're going to Disneyland for 4 days at January 6-9, since it would be very quiet at those times. However it turns out that my bro-in-law and his family would like to join us at Disneyland on the weekend (Jan 4-5) so we will add another 2 days at the park. So our party will include 5 adults and 4 kids (age 6,4,3,1). My question is how crazy will the last holiday weekend be? With small kids will it be unwise to go ? Will the wait times be unreasonable or it will be difficult to get a table for lunch/dinner? Sorry if I don't make sense, English is not my first language. Thank you all.

  3. #1068

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,424

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by soyukamaru View Post
    Okay, so we're going to Disneyland for 4 days at January 6-9, since it would be very quiet at those times. However it turns out that my bro-in-law and his family would like to join us at Disneyland on the weekend (Jan 4-5) so we will add another 2 days at the park. So our party will include 5 adults and 4 kids (age 6,4,3,1). My question is how crazy will the last holiday weekend be? With small kids will it be unwise to go ? Will the wait times be unreasonable or it will be difficult to get a table for lunch/dinner? Sorry if I don't make sense, English is not my first language. Thank you all.
    It will be busy but not terrible. Don't worry it's going to be great on Monday. So if you are waiting a lot to get done what your brother in law's family wants to do you will still be able to do so.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  4. #1069

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Hoping to squeeze in one day at disney for my birthday , Nov. 8,9,10,11 or 12. Will any of these days give me a "holidays at disneyland" experience? I would really love to see dl decorated for Christmas but it looks like the 8th is the most convenient day, also , crowd levels on these days? In comparison to like early June? (when I was there last)

  5. #1070

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,424

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by tatemc View Post
    Hoping to squeeze in one day at disney for my birthday , Nov. 8,9,10,11 or 12. Will any of these days give me a "holidays at disneyland" experience? I would really love to see dl decorated for Christmas but it looks like the 8th is the most convenient day, also , crowd levels on these days? In comparison to like early June? (when I was there last)
    You will get most to all of the Holidays. Most on the 8-11 all on the 12. It will be slow on the 11-12th so wait if you can. Like early June or a bit worse on the 8-10th. Friday night will be the worst, but other than that busy never aweful and slow on Monday and Tuesday.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  6. #1071

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    120

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Swampy, just circling back to confirm your thoughts (or anyone else who is reading this) on going to DLR on either: Sat. Nov 23, Mon. Nov 25, or Sat Nov 30- which do you feel is the least crazy, busy day?

    I'm inclined to try 11/23, but the DL Update this past week suggested that Thanksgivng and AFTER would be less busy than the weekdays leading up to it b/c of the drastic AP blockouts that start on Thanksgiving. Looking at the blackout calendar, I can see that all the passes (except Premium) are restricted Thanksgiving weekend from Thurs - Sunday. Makes me think that 11/30 might be okay, too (though perhaps with more vacationers.)
    Thoughts?

    Thanks again!

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It's a really tricky week to pick the best of. I would suggest the 23rd. Monday would be the other better day. Tuesday a crap shoot. Wednesday on very risky.

    If you can pick that week, if it happens, take the first rainy day.

  7. #1072

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,424

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalUW View Post
    Swampy, just circling back to confirm your thoughts (or anyone else who is reading this) on going to DLR on either: Sat. Nov 23, Mon. Nov 25, or Sat Nov 30- which do you feel is the least crazy, busy day?

    I'm inclined to try 11/23, but the DL Update this past week suggested that Thanksgivng and AFTER would be less busy than the weekdays leading up to it b/c of the drastic AP blockouts that start on Thanksgiving. Looking at the blackout calendar, I can see that all the passes (except Premium) are restricted Thanksgiving weekend from Thurs - Sunday. Makes me think that 11/30 might be okay, too (though perhaps with more vacationers.)
    Thoughts?

    Thanks again!
    I'd still stick with the Saturday prior or Monday. School breaks are all well and good but not the ultimate indicator. School kids go to the parks with parents. Parents don't get a whole week off.

    My office has Thankgiving Day Off, and is closed on Black Friday. Wednesday we excuse everyone at noon, as some take time to travel we don't want anyone to feel obligated to work. Monday and Tuesday are business as usual and employees have to take vacation days if they want them off, not too popular for this time of year.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  8. #1073

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    120

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Thanks again, Swampy. Appreciate the quick advice!

  9. #1074

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,289
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    The whole thought that Disneyland would be LESS busy the weekend AFTER Thanksgiving is more proof that things have really changed there since "my day".
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  10. #1075

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    120

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Radiobarry, the "conventional wisdom" (and my expectation before reading that DD post the other week) would have been the same: DLR will be just as busy, if not busier, following Thanksgiving. But, when I consider the AP blackouts and that there are more than a million AP's now, the suggestion that the weekend after Thanksgiving may actually have smaller attendance figures makes some sense. I've noticed for most of the last decade (when I moved to SoCal) that going the weekend before or after a "long, holiday weekend" seems to be a great time to go to the parks, attendance-wise. But, I haven't been getting to the Parks as much the last 18 months as I used to and with guests coming, I wanted to follow-up on the suggestion that post-Thanksgiving might be "better" from an attendance standpoint.

    Anyway, looks like I'll be going on Saturday 11/23 b/c that works best for our guests from out of town, but I'll be really curious to try and find out after the holiday what the attendance counts were prior and after. Not to prove anyone right or wrong, just because I'm genuinely curious about the outcome of the "experiment." I'll certainly report back here on what the crowds are like this coming Saturday.

  11. #1076

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,289
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalUW View Post
    Radiobarry, the "conventional wisdom" (and my expectation before reading that DD post the other week) would have been the same: DLR will be just as busy, if not busier, following Thanksgiving. But, when I consider the AP blackouts and that there are more than a million AP's now, the suggestion that the weekend after Thanksgiving may actually have smaller attendance figures makes some sense. I've noticed for most of the last decade (when I moved to SoCal) that going the weekend before or after a "long, holiday weekend" seems to be a great time to go to the parks, attendance-wise. But, I haven't been getting to the Parks as much the last 18 months as I used to and with guests coming, I wanted to follow-up on the suggestion that post-Thanksgiving might be "better" from an attendance standpoint.

    Anyway, looks like I'll be going on Saturday 11/23 b/c that works best for our guests from out of town, but I'll be really curious to try and find out after the holiday what the attendance counts were prior and after. Not to prove anyone right or wrong, just because I'm genuinely curious about the outcome of the "experiment." I'll certainly report back here on what the crowds are like this coming Saturday.
    I was actually referring to my experiences in the land before time, before AP's ruled the earth.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  12. #1077

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    AB, Canada
    Posts
    62

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Ello ello, quick question about busy times and such for spring 2014.

    Hoping to go to DLR for about 4-5 days somewhere in the area of mid-Feb to Mid-March, any suggestions on which time would be the best to go? I haven't officially planned anything yet so dates are totally flexible at this point. Looking for light crowds, and if there are going to be any major attractions under construction then?

    Thanks so much for any info.

    -S

  13. #1078

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,424

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by vccharisma View Post
    Ello ello, quick question about busy times and such for spring 2014.

    Hoping to go to DLR for about 4-5 days somewhere in the area of mid-Feb to Mid-March, any suggestions on which time would be the best to go? I haven't officially planned anything yet so dates are totally flexible at this point. Looking for light crowds, and if there are going to be any major attractions under construction then?

    Thanks so much for any info.

    -S
    Do not go on President's Day Weekend, February 15-17. Weekdays are otherwise slow until the second week of March when they get low but moderate crowds, as Spring Break begins.

    Fantasmic and Fireworks will only be on the weekends, so a couple weekend nights are good. I suggest starting on a Saturday and finishing on a slow Tuesday or Wednesday for your 4th or 5th day.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  14. #1079

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    120

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    So, I was at DL on Saturday Nov 23 and the crowd level was definitely managable. Not sure what the attendance was for the day, but I've been there when it's at 50,000+ and it was nothing like that. I'd guess maybe in the high 20k's / low 30k's? At 10am, Star Tours stand by was a 15 minute wait (which I can personally verify the accuracy of) and Haunted Mansion Holiday posted a 15 minute wait (was 30mins around 1pm.) Space Mountain was a 40 minute wait at 10:30. Indy was 40 minutes all day. In fact, I never saw any wait times over 40 minutes. Given the make-up of the crowd and its minor new overlay, "Jingle" Cruise had a not-too-surprising 40 minute wait at 3 pm.

    So, overall, it was a great day, crowdwise. And, the weather held out nicely! Conclusion: I would do the Saturday before Tgiving again, if necessary.
    Thanks for all the tips and advice here!

  15. #1080

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    263

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Ok, so I know it's well established that the parks will be packed on Thanksgiving Day, but does anyone know if traffic will be terrible? Normally I think of the bad traffic day as Wednesday. I've been guessing most people in the park on Thanksgiving will either be out of towners staying at hotels, or locals who are having dinner with their families (midafternoon as most do) and then going to the park after football's over, since there is nothing else to do besides stand around in lines for black Friday sales. Does that sound about right? I'm trying to figure out if I should expect major gridlock traffic trying to get to the park before opening on Thursday. Anybody know?

Similar Threads

  1. [News] When Will it Be Busy at Disneyland - 2009 Edition
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1389
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:16 AM
  2. [News] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2008?
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 605
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 05:35 PM
  3. [Question] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2009?
    By zip-d-dude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •