Page 73 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2348637071727374757683 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1458

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

For what it's worth, I drove up to Anaheim last night to visit Trader Sam's and traffic was pretty heavy, both on the freeways and in the resort. The DD parking lots were full and they were diverting traffic away to other areas. Interestingly, Sam's itself was NOT super busy. Able to get seats at the bar all night.
    I would think traffic will be ok until late morning on Thursday. People will then start going out. Not super light, but not gridlocked. If you're driving to DLR on Thursday, I'd think the eariler you got there, the better.

Thanks, SoCalUW. I'm planning to leave at the crack of dawn, so hopefully it'll be ok.

I've actually driven up a couple of different Tuesday nights recently and traffic was pretty bad once I hit Irvine, so your mentioning that makes me wonder if last night was even related to the holiday or maybe there's just some weird Tuesday evening juju?

Hi, I'm sorry if this is redundant or that there may be another thread to check...but I was wondering if anyone has any news to when Pirates and Splash will reopen again. I know they are going down after the Holidays. We are visiting Feb 21-23 for Dappy Day and was wondering if they will be up yet?
    Tink happy thoughts!

• Under that tree again!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The scheduled openings are Pirates on the 14th but Splash not until the 1st of March. Also Alice, the Subs, Fliks Flyers, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail and Soaring will be closed.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Thanks swampymarch, I'll sacrifice my time for Alice, it will be a wait worthwhile, for that ride to hopefully be given a proper update. I can hope for a soft opening of Splash...I'm ok with missing DCA...
    Tink happy thoughts!

Im planning a trip from Wed 1/1 - Wed 1/7. I know to expect ridiculous crowds on the first, but what about the 2nd-5th, when the holidays are technically over but the southern cali passes are still blocked. Do you think there will be much of a drop off under those circumstances?

SoCal's only blocked til the 4th. That said, I'd expect it to still be busy, but not ridiculous-holiday-shoulder-to-shoulder busy, just regular weekend busy Jan 2-5.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    SoCal's only blocked til the 4th. That said, I'd expect it to still be busy, but not ridiculous-holiday-shoulder-to-shoulder busy, just regular weekend busy Jan 2-5.
    Yes there is a drop off on the 2nd day of Jan as people have to get back to work, regardless if school are closed or not. I will be going later next week as I look forward to getting another chance to enjoy the holidays and the ability to walk around without bumping into people constantly.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

How crowded do you guys think it will be 1/11? I originally was going to go this coming Saturday, but I'm taking someone as part of a Christmas present, and he hates crowds, so after seeing that 1/4 was going to be really busy, I thought pushing it back a weekend would be best. Is this right?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bettiebloodshed View Post
    How crowded do you guys think it will be 1/11? I originally was going to go this coming Saturday, but I'm taking someone as part of a Christmas present, and he hates crowds, so after seeing that 1/4 was going to be really busy, I thought pushing it back a weekend would be best. Is this right?
    It will help a little. Its will be busy, but the decorations will be down except for in Small World. A bunch of attraction will be closed, such as the Haunted
    Mansion. Also WoC and F! won't be showing.

While crowds are at a max now, they will tail off a bit on Thursday. You will trade off extra crowds, for less to do.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Yeah I know some stuff will be closed, but I think it will work out. I have an AP, and he's been to DL and WDW quite a bit--so nothing that we cant catch on another visit. Glad to know it should be a bit calmer.

Thanks Swampymarsh!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bettiebloodshed View Post
    Yeah I know some stuff will be closed, but I think it will work out. I have an AP, and he's been to DL and WDW quite a bit--so nothing that we cant catch on another visit. Glad to know it should be a bit calmer.

Thanks Swampymarsh!
    I think you are making the right decision. Unless a rare need to see it all trip, enjoy the slower weekend.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• The Dudester

What do you guys predict for Monday 1/6/14? I'm a little nervous with it being the last official day of the Holiday season combined with the first day SoCal Select passes are unblocked. I seem to recall trying to go on the first day some passes were unblocked after a holiday season several years ago and it was a travesty. I see that the unblocking of passes seems to be staggered now (not sure if that is a change compared to past years).

Thanks for any input!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by LLCMC View Post
    What do you guys predict for Monday 1/6/14? I'm a little nervous with it being the last official day of the Holiday season combined with the first day SoCal Select passes are unblocked. I seem to recall trying to go on the first day some passes were unblocked after a holiday season several years ago and it was a travesty. I see that the unblocking of passes seems to be staggered now (not sure if that is a change compared to past years).

Thanks for any input!
    If will be moderate at worst, don't worry.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Banned User

Hi everyone I am beginning to plan our 2014 Disneyland trip and wanted to get some of your wise thoughts on the time frames I'm considering. I have little ones so no school which lets me be pretty flexible. Pushing a stroller in a crowd and keeping kids in check gets exponentially harder as the crowds grow.

For reference our 2013 trip was April 8th, 9th, and 10th (Crowd rating 5/10 for each day on touringplans.com).
    Although not bad if 5/10 is accurate it felt pretty crowded to us so we'd definitely like to find a little better time frame
    if possible.

Here are the three times I'm thinking about, all also list the touringplans.com predicted crowd level for the dates. Although I feel pretty skeptical about them in general, I dunno how they do it or can know well enough to predict......better than nothing thought surely.

March 4th-6th, Rated as a 3, 3 and 2/10 seems pretty good although the 4th is Mardi Gras.
    Convention center has Natural Products Expo West(Anaheim Convention Center) on the 7th not sure about how many come out early for such things.

April 28th-30th, Rated as 2/10 each day, little worried about the Convention center. Oncology Nursing Society 39th Annual Congress(Anaheim Convention Center) on May 1st, I'm sure there is much worse crowds than nurses but still rather not be in a sea of them.

May 6th-8th, Rated as 3, 2, 3/10, Cinco De Mayo is on the 5th though absolutely nothing going on besides that.

Looking forwards to hearing everyone's input and if there are any 3-4 day windows in the March-May range that someone knows about that will be dead slow please let me know.

Thanks for the help,
    Brandon