Page 76 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2651667374757677787986 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1381

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidowBride View Post
    Thank you so much! We don't mind going a little earlier if it's not as busy. I forgot about Spring Break crowds lol We may go at the end of February or very beginning of March then
    Last week or February and first two week of March would be better, but a tradeoff is shorter hours and more rehabs. So pick which you would rather.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Thanks very much for your reply. Too bad about the fastpasses! Is there a formula for which day is slower at DLR vs. DCA? I'm hoping it will still not be as bad as summer
    Only a tiny bit for the first hour. Because of guests coming in for Magic Mornings. So DL on Tuesday will have Fantasyland and Tomorrowland filled with guests. On Monday DCA will have Carsland, really only RSR no, full. So you should probably start with DL on Monday and DCA on Tuesday. But if you hop an hour later it won't matter which way you go.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Very nice, low crowds today!

Any thoughts about Jan 26/27 (sun/mon) Looks like there is a BIG convention in town that weekend. Will it affect the parks much? Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by jiminy78 View Post
    Any thoughts about Jan 26/27 (sun/mon) Looks like there is a BIG convention in town that weekend. Will it affect the parks much? Thanks!
    That particular convention is the biggest one with the smallest affect on the resort. It's a music industry event so most of those people live in LA, nothing special about going to or spending time at a local convention center.

Otherwise when big conventions come, they fill hotel rooms from Katella on south, also the restaurants in that area are busy.

What kind of convention makes the parks busy, only Disney ones like D23.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Ok, so I have cousins visiting from out of town and it looks like we could go Tuesday or Wednesday next week but I'm curious if one of those days would be significantly less crowded or not. Thanks so much.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
    Ok, so I have cousins visiting from out of town and it looks like we could go Tuesday or Wednesday next week but I'm curious if one of those days would be significantly less crowded or not. Thanks so much.
    Either will be a low crowd day to visit. Decide on weather or some other outside preference.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Either will be a low crowd day to visit. Decide on weather or some other outside preference.
    Thanks!!!

Hi!

We are planning to visit DLR Feb 12 - 14th. Will it be crowded? Anything special on Valentine's day?

Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmiemouse View Post
    Hi!

We are planning to visit DLR Feb 12 - 14th. Will it be crowded? Anything special on Valentine's day?

Thanks!
    It will be quiet but on Friday get busier in the afternoon and by evening it will be busy. Try to get everything you want to do done, and save Fireworks for Friday evening.

For Valentine's Day there will be some decorations around and flowers will be in red, pink and white variety's. You may also find some character's with their mate meeting guests.

I wanted to add a lot of places will have special treats for sale and special dinners are available.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 01-18-2014 at 10:30 PM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

We are visiting Feb 28th - Mar 6th. What's the best way to tackle each park, meet & greet, parades, shows, etc over these days. We'll be traveling with two toddlers and two infants (2 families going together) so need to keep the days laid back but get in everything we can.

We will be in the resort from May 10 to 20, any thoughts on how busy it will be? What time does the park close during the week?

What is Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 2, like.
    My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by kyleegirl01 View Post
    We are visiting Feb 28th - Mar 6th. What's the best way to tackle each park, meet & greet, parades, shows, etc over these days. We'll be traveling with two toddlers and two infants (2 families going together) so need to keep the days laid back but get in everything we can.
    The first things is crowds will be low except on Friday evening and Saturday and Sunday, so you have a lot of time do everything. But those busy days will be the only time to watch Fireworks and Fantasmic!.

So plan a firework evening for Friday night (9:30)because if it's windy it's easily cancelled which gives you two back up nights. Fantasmic I'd try for the second show which is at 10:30. That may sounds late but likely the youngest kids will sleep through the early 9 o'clock show anyway.

Since it's a big group after dinner set up a spot on the Hub where you can see the Castle and Matterhorn, ideally on the curb of the center of the Hub facing the calendar. Have 2 or 3 adults hold a spot for 2-2.5 hours with the stroller crew, and rotate out the adults, while the others go with the other kids. If the kids are responsible you can just say come back to the spot by 9.

For F! the reason for the later show is you will need to set up a spot between 5 and 6, which is a longer wait for the first show. For the second show, at 9 make you way around the crowd which is about to watch the first show. Get over past Splash Mountain. This is a good time to ride Splash(if it's warm and you can handle being a little wet) but also Winnie the Pooh. Pirates will have a short wait but you will see some of the show as you walk around. Haunted Mansion is good at this time too but a similar but smaller problem If for 30 minutes you are by Splash and Pooh you won't see F! running at all, but are set to get good spots with only a short wait. The First F! runs to about 9:20 and then everyone who was watching tries to get to the Hub, so you can fill in their spaces, then in an hour watch F!.

For meet and greets, Frozen and the Fantasy Faire have solid lines, the worst in Disneyland. Go to these about 30 minute early to right when they open, which is 11 and 10 respectively. Other Characters will have short waits if you do them on weekdays, 1-5 minutes.

You may want to use Rider Swap, where some people ride, while others are with the kids and then the ones who waited with the kids ride with little to know wait. Just ask a ride attendant at the attraction for a rider switch pass. Use this in conjunction with FastPass if you'd like. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/att.../rider-switch/

On Friday - Sunday I'd do a midday break in the early afternoon. Swim and nap. Change out clothing. Those day the park will be open like from 9-11 on Friday, 8-12 on Saturday and 8-11 on Sunday. DCA will close about and hour earlier. Try to wander around at night even if the kids are sleeping. It's a nice place to push strollers.

For World of Color watch it on a weekday. Do you know you need FastPasses to get into its viewing area?

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandrules View Post
    We will be in the resort from May 10 to 20, any thoughts on how busy it will be? What time does the park close during the week?

Crowds are moderate to low. It's a pretty good time to visit. Hours are about 9-10 during the week and 8 or 9 to 11 or 12 on Friday through Sunday. Fireworks and Fantasmic are only on the longer hours weekend nights.

On the 16th and 17th are Grad Nites. This will make major crowding in the evening. DCA will host a private party for the crowds starting at 11. You may want to skip those days altogether if you have a choice.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mulva5 View Post
    What is Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 2, like.
    Busy and no different than this Sunday or the second Sunday in February. The Super Bowl has little to no significant effect.

So no need to start drinking heavily.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Thanks swampy.
    My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.