Page 77 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2752677475767778798087 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1325

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Hey Swampy
    I was curious about your opinion regarding ridemax? Since we will be visiting during a not so busy time (Feb12-14) do you think purchasing ridemax necessary? We have little kids and will have one magic morning. We do want to get a good portion of rides without wasting time in line ups. Maybe the line ups will be okay? Thanks for yor help!

Taking my 1 year old for the first time this Sat. Haven't been in almost 2 years. I know it's a Saturday and it's typically busy. But just want to know how busy compared to the middle of the year. Is it somewhat tolerable or, is it going to be packed? Just curious. We're not going to beat lines or anything. Just going for the little guy. Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmiemouse View Post
    Hey Swampy
    I was curious about your opinion regarding ridemax? Since we will be visiting during a not so busy time (Feb12-14) do you think purchasing ridemax necessary? We have little kids and will have one magic morning. We do want to get a good portion of rides without wasting time in line ups. Maybe the line ups will be okay? Thanks for yor help!

Like I said you can get a lot done on the 12 and 13th. Ridemax would only be of value for Friday after 5 pm. But by then you can get a lot done, with little trouble.

The only things with long lines on Wednesday and Thurday are going to be Radiator Springs Racers, hit it right at opening or use a FastPass. Toy Story Midway Mania, but likewise hit it right away your first or second ride. The Frozen Meet and Greet and Fantasyfaire will also have long lines if you want to meet the princesses, do it early they open at 10 and 11 so try to get in line just before then.

The biggest thing will be the wait to see the night shows in DL. On Friday night aim for a sport on the Hub at about 8pm. Schedule is a little quirky this time of year. So the fireworks run at 8:40 instead of between the two Fantasimic show times. When the fireworks end the first Fantasmic is going to start at 9pm.

It's going to be extra crowded by the Rivers of America as the firework viewers move into that area. So give it a good pause before heading that way. It will be crowded for the second show at 10:30 so get there a good 30-45 minutes early.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by rockabillylaker View Post
    Taking my 1 year old for the first time this Sat. Haven't been in almost 2 years. I know it's a Saturday and it's typically busy. But just want to know how busy compared to the middle of the year. Is it somewhat tolerable or, is it going to be packed? Just curious. We're not going to beat lines or anything. Just going for the little guy. Thanks!
    By the middle of the year do you mean during the summer?

Yes it's going to be like that, but colder. It will be busy, this is far from packed. Packed is like when you have trouble walking because crowds, busy means solid waits for even small attractions.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    By the middle of the year do you mean during the summer?

Yes it's going to be like that, but colder. It will be busy, this is far from packed. Packed is like when you have trouble walking because crowds, busy means solid waits for even small attractions.

Thanks for the quick reply

yea. Compared to let's say May-Aug. I'm sure it will be busy, just how much compared to those months

• Under that tree again!

Thanks for the quick reply

yea. Compared to let's say May-Aug. I'm sure it will be busy, just how much compared to those months

Even in those months, weekends are busier than weekdays. It' going to be like a weekday in July or August, a noticeable amount slower than a weekend day. You could say subtract 5 minutes off the waits for every attraction.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Even in those months, weekends are busier than weekdays. It' going to be like a weekday in July or August, a noticeable amount slower than a weekend day. You could say subtract 5 minutes off the waits for every attraction.
    Thanks again.

Just wondering. I assume Saturdays in January are slower than saturdays in June since, everyone's back in school, gone home from vacation, and some rides are closed for refurbs.

• Under that tree again!

Thanks again.

Just wondering. I assume Saturdays in January are slower than saturdays in June since, everyone's back in school, gone home from vacation, and some rides are closed for refurbs.
    That is correct. After the holidays we have the slow weekends of the year. After Spring Break they get back to their normal crowds. That is why a weekday in the summer is like a weekend in Winter.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Thanks Swampy. That was an incredibly detailed answer! We are all quite excited.

• Senior Minion

We are going to be there March 19-21. I know it's Spring Break time, but how bad will it be?
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    We are going to be there March 19-21. I know it's Spring Break time, but how bad will it be?
    It's good you are hitting weekdays. It's somewhere still close to moderate but getting busy.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Wondering how DL/DCA will be February 14-19? Thanks!!

I havent been to disneyland in years so im excited to return. Im planning to visit on Feb. 24th. Will it be very busy?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by brendonb28 View Post
    Wondering how DL/DCA will be February 14-19? Thanks!!
    Pretty busy. The 12th will start great, but in the evening will be busy. It will slow down on Tuesday the 18th and be moderate. President's weekend is busy and the following week is ok, but not slow as some school get this week off. It's basically the midpoint between Christmas and Spring Break so people travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock128 View Post
    I havent been to disneyland in years so im excited to return. Im planning to visit on Feb. 24th. Will it be very busy?
    Not at all, it will calm.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Sweet. the park is only open from 10am to 8pm so it will be nice to be able to know it won't be hectic and I can take my time to enjoy everything at a nice pace.

Also,is Fantasmic showing that day? Im looking at the Disneyland website and its not listed. My day isn't complete without Fantasmic!

Edit: As long as im here I might as well ask, where is Rope Drop in Disneyland and how early are we allowed to walk passed the tickets gates and into the park? (planning on buying my disneyland ticket ahead of time at the Disney Store at the local mall beforehand.)

The reason why im asking is because of getting breakfast at say dennys or somewhere close by it would be nice to arrive in the park as early as possible and have myself a nice sit down breakfast in the park and have some Mickey shaped pancakes or waffles .
    Last edited by Warlock128; 02-05-2014 at 12:53 AM.