Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2853687576777879808188 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1328
  1. #1156

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    F! won't be showing nor will the fireworks. WoC and the parades will run. That's the slow day schedule.


    You have the right idea. Since the park has short hours, don't waste time eating. Have breakfast and dinner outside the gates.

    I would aim to arrive at 9:10. Go through security which may take 5-10 minutes and get in line at the gates and wait another 10 minutes. The gaits on both DCA and DL can open up to 30 minutes early for Rope Drop.

    On your quiet day they may not open 30 minutes early, there if no firm time, it mostly depends on crowds. But when they do they allow you to go up to the end of Main Street. It's a good time to either wait it out, grab a snack or wander the shops along the street.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  2. #1157

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Hello... I hate to admit this but it's been 10 years since we have been to DL. We are going May 9 - 12 for my 60th birthday. Will the park be really crowded during Mother's Day weekend? I am uber excited to finally head back to DL.
    Last edited by IdahoOma; 02-05-2014 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Spelling correction

  3. #1158

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoOma View Post
    Hello... I hate to admit this bit it's been 10 years since we have been to DL. We are going May 9 - 12 for my 60th birthday. Will the park be really crowded during Mother's Day weekend? I am uber excited to finally head back to DL.
    Really crowded no, but it is crowded. A lot of people go for Mother's Day. Friday will be good until the evening when it will get busy quickly. Monday will be very quiet.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  4. #1159

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    111

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    hmm...How about March 2nd on sunday. Will that day be very busy? Due to the fact its on a weekend.....anything particular going on during that day that will make it busy? I really want to watch Fantasmic lol but if crowds will be fierce that day ill stick with Feb. 24th on monday.

  5. #1160

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock128 View Post
    hmm...How about March 2nd on sunday. Will that day be very busy? Due to the fact its on a weekend.....anything particular going on during that day that will make it busy? I really want to watch Fantasmic lol but if crowds will be fierce that day ill stick with Feb. 24th on monday.

    It will be busy. But there are some advantages. It will feel comparatively lively. Rather than 10-8 short hours there will be 8-12 long hours. Fantasmic! and the Fireworks will show. And Splash will be open after a long rehab.

    It's a trade off.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  6. #1161

    • Meh
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    3,208

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    I have a question, someone said there's a 24 hour event coming up, how crazy are these? Super busy? I feel like a lot of people wouldn't make it past a couple hours after closing...

  7. #1162

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Mind Tricks View Post
    I have a question, someone said there's a 24 hour event coming up, how crazy are these? Super busy? I feel like a lot of people wouldn't make it past a couple hours after closing...
    This event is simply a rumor. When Disney advertises something, or the CMs see it on a schedule(a couple weeks out) then we know for sure.

    There have been two in recent years. One on the 29th of February in 2012, and another themed around Monster's U last Memorial Day weekend.

    The leap day invent was insane. Huge traffic issues, gates closes from evening to midnight and a giant unruly(to some extent) crowd in the Esplanade waiting for the gates to reopen. Food was running out. It was fine in the early morning and afternoon just busy, and then after midnight crowds tailed off.

    For the Monster's U event it went much better. Anaheim, Disney were both prepared for the crowds to come. Also the prior event seemed to keep massive crowds away. It did have one glaring error, DCA was hosting a grad nite. So it go crazy busy between 5 and 10, but then the grads all moved to DCA for their party at 11. It was moderate from then on in DL.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  8. #1163

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    111

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    If I go on sunday march 2nd I noticed some good rides are closing on the 3rd like space mountain and some other ones.

    Is Disney usually punctual with these dates or could they possibly close them a few days early? Going a day before those rides closing seems like im cutting it a bit close, and if i Go and they arent open it would be a bummer. So yeah, would past track records say they will close on said date, or earlier?

  9. #1164

    • Meh
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    3,208

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    This event is simply a rumor. When Disney advertises something, or the CMs see it on a schedule(a couple weeks out) then we know for sure.

    There have been two in recent years. One on the 29th of February in 2012, and another themed around Monster's U last Memorial Day weekend.

    The leap day invent was insane. Huge traffic issues, gates closes from evening to midnight and a giant unruly(to some extent) crowd in the Esplanade waiting for the gates to reopen. Food was running out. It was fine in the early morning and afternoon just busy, and then after midnight crowds tailed off.

    For the Monster's U event it went much better. Anaheim, Disney were both prepared for the crowds to come. Also the prior event seemed to keep massive crowds away. It did have one glaring error, DCA was hosting a grad nite. So it go crazy busy between 5 and 10, but then the grads all moved to DCA for their party at 11. It was moderate from then on in DL.
    Haha, sounds like a %$@& storm!

    Oh well, hopefully one will actually happen soon adn the kinks will have been worked out

  10. #1165

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Mind Tricks View Post
    Haha, sounds like a %$@& storm!

    Oh well, hopefully one will actually happen soon adn the kinks will have been worked out
    I hope if they do this event again they pick a better date, and just because it went better the second time, people don't show in hoards because they expect the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock128 View Post
    If I go on sunday march 2nd I noticed some good rides are closing on the 3rd like space mountain and some other ones.

    Is Disney usually punctual with these dates or could they possibly close them a few days early? Going a day before those rides closing seems like im cutting it a bit close, and if i Go and they arent open it would be a bummer. So yeah, would past track records say they will close on said date, or earlier?
    Most rehabs start midweek, usually on Monday. They don't move them forward to start on the busy weekend days. On very rare occasions, coincidently a ride breaks down so instead of reopening it later that day, they just keep it closed since it was going into rehab the next day.

    Rehabs tend to end and reopen on Friday too, basically the opposite. Opening for the weekend crowds.

    Don't worry too much. The schedule can change, but generally not just a day or two early. Things can be added or removed from the planned closures.

    Also I'm not sure you should worry about Space Mountain, I don't see anything official about it closing.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 02-06-2014 at 08:48 PM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  11. #1166

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Hello everyone My daughter and I are making plans to head to Disneyland soon and we were wondering if it will be better to go February 23-27 or March 2-6?

  12. #1167

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly23 View Post
    Hello everyone My daughter and I are making plans to head to Disneyland soon and we were wondering if it will be better to go February 23-27 or March 2-6?
    No big difference. I would go based on weather. Rain will bring the crowds down but I would try to avoid it, because it won't be very crowded except on that Sunday. I would just go later if you have big kids and smaller if little kids due to the ride closure schedule.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  13. #1168

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Hi there!

    I am taking my grandmother, who has never been and will be in a wheelchair. My aunts are also coming who haven't been in 20 plus years. I try to go once a year but have never been in February. We will be there 2/20-2/23. The crowd tracker on touringplans.com said that it will be packed. Does anyone know why and if this is realistic? When we planned this I thought we would be good, because it was the weekend after the holiday.

    On another note, does anyone know how the new ADA program works. It looks like it's changed to more of a fast pass situation. Which is fine...I just want to make sure my grandmother doesn't have to walk/stand for any length of time. Is it working well? I know they also use to have a ride swap for situation for parents with small children and I believe they used to apply this to the elderly too? Can my grandmother wait in line with us, a few of us get on a ride and a few stay with her and then swap?

    Thanks!
    Alyssa

  14. #1169

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Packed, no. The weekdays next week are moderately busy because of the 3 day weekend before them. This Holiday is a midpoint between the long Christmas and Spring breaks so people do have longer school breaks and make vacations out of it. The weekend is busy as weekend normally are.

    There used to be GAC cards you presented to a CM at the attraction and they would let you on as the card allowed. Now there are DAS cards.

    With the DAS, you go to guest services to get her card like before, but then take the card to kiosk, located around the park. At these kiosks which are like podiums, you request to ride an attractions. The put on your card the wait time plus current time, for example Space is 45 minute and it's 12:15, they tell you to return at 1:00. Then you can do whatever else you'd like and return to Space after 1:00. You still waited 45 minutes, just not in line.

    The DAS cardholder doesn't have to visit the kiosks to make the ride requests, but does have to ride with the other guests.

    You should still be able to do Ride Swap.

    With a wheelchair you can still access the ride as before, through the WC entrance or WC accessible Stand By queues like Small World and the DCA attractions have.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  15. #1170

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    111

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Is the refurbishment closure of space mountain on march 3rd final or has it been pushed back? The In the parks front page article makes it seem like the refurbishment closure of space mountain is on hold or something.

Similar Threads

  1. [News] When Will it Be Busy at Disneyland - 2009 Edition
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1389
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:16 AM
  2. [News] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2008?
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 605
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 05:35 PM
  3. [Question] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2009?
    By zip-d-dude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •