Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 1503
  1. #106

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    34

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Very helpful swampymarsh. Thanks.

  2. #107

    • Disney/WWE/Anime fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,238

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Will April 24th be a bad day to go to Disneyland?

  3. #108

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    Will April 24th be a bad day to go to Disneyland?
    That will be a great day to visit with low crowds. Keep in mind the drawbacks are short hours and limited night entertainment.

  4. #109

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    We thought this would be a good week to hit D-land before Spring Break hits, but found most of the Hotels are booked up. Anyone have any idea of why the area Hotels are quite full this week? A convention? A busy week at the Disney parks?

  5. #110

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by PlainJame View Post
    We thought this would be a good week to hit D-land before Spring Break hits, but found most of the Hotels are booked up. Anyone have any idea of why the area Hotels are quite full this week? A convention? A busy week at the Disney parks?
    It's not a busy week. Your problem may be because of including the weekend. This Friday is when Spring Break begins. It is also when a good sized convention takes place. Rate go up then and this is really last minute to be booking rooms.

    If you wanted tomorrow with a checkout on Friday you will still find rooms in many hotels.

  6. #111

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3

    Smile Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It's not a busy week. Your problem may be because of including the weekend. This Friday is when Spring Break begins. It is also when a good sized convention takes place. Rate go up then and this is really last minute to be booking rooms.

    If you wanted tomorrow with a checkout on Friday you will still find rooms in many hotels.
    Thanks for your response - we did book a few weeks ago checking in wednesday and out friday. We changed our minds because of the impending crowd on friday, and will check in tomorrow and out on thursday. We were going last week, but changed our minds when we heard about the leap day crowds. It was still a bit shocking to see the low availability even weeks ago when we had booked this week - even on the weekdays. There are some rooms available still, but even on getawaytoday dot com, was more sold out this week than other weeks later this month for spring breaker times. Same thing on hotels and expedia. That is why I asked if anyone knew of anything going on this week that would make many hotels fill up even during the week. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if there is an unexpected surge of people this week while we are there.

  7. #112

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Far, far away
    Posts
    15

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Hi! I'm new to this forum. I've read in this thread and in the Convention website that a huge convention will be held May 2nd-6th. I understand as in crowd terms it will not affect much, but how about Friday 4th? it's the only day for us to see RDCT, and I'm afraid it will keep the park busy. We will be there May 1st-4th.
    Thanks

  8. #113

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Just found out there is a huge cheer competition and two smaller conventions this week at Dland. That explains it! We'll see how it affects the crowds and wait times..

  9. #114

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by PlainJame View Post
    Just found out there is a huge cheer competition and two smaller conventions this week at Dland. That explains it! We'll see how it affects the crowds and wait times..
    In all likely hood you will notice the groups just a few times. They won't make a big difference to the park crowds.


    Quote Originally Posted by iluvsoarin View Post
    Hi! I'm new to this forum. I've read in this thread and in the Convention website that a huge convention will be held May 2nd-6th. I understand as in crowd terms it will not affect much, but how about Friday 4th? it's the only day for us to see RDCT, and I'm afraid it will keep the park busy. We will be there May 1st-4th.
    Thanks
    Friday is always busy after 5pm. The convention won't effect crowds greatly inside the parks, only in hotels and restaraunts outside. What make the difference on Friday are the locals. They will come after work.

    Get all the rides in you can before Friday. On Friday use FastPass for that evening when the lines are biggest.

  10. #115

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Far, far away
    Posts
    15

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Thank you swampymarsh! That's a good tip.

  11. #116

    • Nor Cal AP'er
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunnyvale,Ca
    Posts
    575

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    So I was thinking of going back in may for a late B-day trip (memorial day weekend to be exact) I know schools and some companies will be closed anything special planned at the parks? Oh btw what do you think the crowds will be like? t.i.a
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!




  12. #117

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    44

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Ok. We are headed to Disneyland the afternoon of the 10th and the morning of the 11th. We went to Disneyland on Feb 17th through Feb 19th and it was very crowded! We still managed to get a lot done and I didn't mind the crowd.

    Do you think I have a good chance of seeing similar crowds this weekend or a little less?? Or maybe more?? (I hope not)

  13. #118

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Experiment 626 View Post
    So I was thinking of going back in may for a late B-day trip (memorial day weekend to be exact) I know schools and some companies will be closed anything special planned at the parks? Oh btw what do you think the crowds will be like? t.i.a
    Memerial day is just a busy weekend of three days length. I expect it to be crowded but not horrible. Too many people are waiting for Summer to add vacation crowds to that 3 day weekend.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemickey View Post
    Ok. We are headed to Disneyland the afternoon of the 10th and the morning of the 11th. We went to Disneyland on Feb 17th through Feb 19th and it was very crowded! We still managed to get a lot done and I didn't mind the crowd.

    Do you think I have a good chance of seeing similar crowds this weekend or a little less?? Or maybe more?? (I hope not)
    Probably a little less. That was President's Day Weekend and the busiest 3 day weekend of the year. Lots of schools have the following week off and that bumps up the crowds.

    This weekend, starting tomorrow will be the start of Spring Break. Spring Break is spread over 6 weeks with most school districts getting one and some two weeks off. The scattering of the individual school breaks helps keep things almost tolerable.

  14. #119

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    I haven't read if these dates were asked about already, but we are planning to go around Nov. 11-16 (Sun-Fri.) This is over Veterans Day weekend so I suspect Monday could be busy, as well as Friday, but how is this week overall for crowds? I am reading conflicting reports on if this is a good week for lower crowds. Would you go this week? We are hoping to catch some of the Christmas decor.

  15. #120

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    36

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Memerial day is just a busy weekend of three days length. I expect it to be crowded but not horrible. Too many people are waiting for Summer to add vacation crowds to that 3 day weekend.

    Probably a little less. That was President's Day Weekend and the busiest 3 day weekend of the year. Lots of schools have the following week off and that bumps up the crowds.

    This weekend, starting tomorrow will be the start of Spring Break. Spring Break is spread over 6 weeks with most school districts getting one and some two weeks off. The scattering of the individual school breaks helps keep things almost tolerable.

    I am going this weekend as well. I bought the World of Color Picnic package... dunno if that was really necessary or if the crowds for WoC are even high anymore. Was a little bummed to see they moved the Fireworks to 8:40pm. Gonna have to run straight to the hub after WoC! hehe.

    Anybody have any suggestions on whether it is better to park in the Mickey Structure or the Toy Story Lot. I have never parked in the Toy Story lot before, but It seems pretty far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] When Will it Be Busy at Disneyland - 2009 Edition
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1389
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:16 AM
  2. [News] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2008?
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 605
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 05:35 PM
  3. [Question] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2009?
    By zip-d-dude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •