Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30557077787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1330

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Thursday will be moderate and slightly busy. Friday will be slightly busy right away since many seniors will have graduated and they will show at park opening for the whole day, it will get worse as the day goes on and be very busy from about 5 to 10:30. Saturday will just be busy.

Make good use of the early hours each day. Use FastPass. The 4th is the night to have a long slow dinner. Try to watch Fireworks and Fantasmic on the 3rd, and WoC on the 5th.

The Grads aren't awful for the most part but small groups of teens all over the place. Sometimes noisy, sometimes cutting in lines. The main thing do is make it crowded, especially on the big attractions, they aren't riding Winnie the Pooh or the Mark Twain, Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain is what they want.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I'm trying to coordinate dates with all my kids, but we are planning a trip this summer between mid July and early August. Any dates to avoid or shoot for? Touring Plans shows slower days the third week of July. I'd like to go M-T-W, but it depends on the kids' summer school schedule.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    I'm trying to coordinate dates with all my kids, but we are planning a trip this summer between mid July and early August. Any dates to avoid or shoot for? Touring Plans shows slower days the third week of July. I'd like to go M-T-W, but it depends on the kids' summer school schedule.
    Anytime between mid July and mid August has roughly the same crowds. The only difference is weekends are very busy and the mid week is just busy. If you avoid Friday through Sunday it's a decent time to go, crowded but full entertainment, long hours, minimal ride closures, and the attractions, shopping and dining all operate at high capacity.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

We are trying to plan a trip this summer and I am finding we have the very end of June-beginning of July as one possibility (avoiding the 4th) and the other option being mid to late July (appx 15th to 25th range). We would go to have 3 days at Disney and maybe 1 at Knotts. What might be the least packed of these options. We will avoid Saturday in Disney parks.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsmom View Post
    We are trying to plan a trip this summer and I am finding we have the very end of June-beginning of July as one possibility (avoiding the 4th) and the other option being mid to late July (appx 15th to 25th range). We would go to have 3 days at Disney and maybe 1 at Knotts. What might be the least packed of these options. We will avoid Saturday in Disney parks.

The 4th falls on a 3 day weekend this year. Avoid that whole weekend at all cost.

The nice thing about the week of the fourth is it has special fireworks.

I would suggest mid late July. Try to avoid Fri-Sun at Disney and Knotts.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Hi there! When does spring break start over in Cali? We are planning a trip to Mar 15-18 and Im wondering if it will be crowded with spring break? Or is Mar 19-22 better?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by danica View Post
    Hi there! When does spring break start over in Cali? We are planning a trip to Mar 15-18 and Im wondering if it will be crowded with spring break? Or is Mar 19-22 better?
    Different schools get out at different times. Really it's better to go earlier to avoid crowds. You are basically talking the same week just different weekends so the crowds will be very similar.

I would do start on a weekend endure the crowds, see the night shows. Enjoy ending on a midweek when the crowds drop. Rather than have them get worse each day as in you second set of dates.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

How does April 28th and 29th look? Will there be a lot of crowds that linger immediately following spring break? TIA.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Whistlebee98 View Post
    How does April 28th and 29th look? Will there be a lot of crowds that linger immediately following spring break? TIA.

That's a good time of the year to go. Mild temperatures, low crowds. But some rehabs, shorter hours and no fireworks or Fantasmic.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

We just spent a week with the kiddos in Disneyland and are now planning a mom and dad only trip. The Disney Touring calendar seemed off for the dates we were there so I'm hoping I can get some more accurate info from you veterans
    We can go any weekend in March or April (with the exception of Apr 11-13). What weekend between now and the first of May is the least busy?
    TIA for your help!

• Under that tree again!

I'd suggest this weekend of that last weekend in April. Spring Break is in the middle.

This weekend has some concerns. BTMRR is having AP previews. This may make this weekend very busy, but likely just at BTMRR and not the whole park of DCA.

I do think if you want to be ride focused, April 19th and 20th. A lot will be closed after that weekend. You would give up some crowds for BTMRR and other rides being open.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I'd suggest this weekend of that last weekend in April. Spring Break is in the middle.

This weekend has some concerns. BTMRR is having AP previews. This may make this weekend very busy, but likely just at BTMRR and not the whole park of DCA.

I do think if you want to be ride focused, April 19th and 20th. A lot will be closed after that weekend. You would give up some crowds for BTMRR and other rides being open.
    Thanks Swampy!! We might be able to pull of this weekend, I'll check out hotel prices. I know right away that hotels will be steep Easter weekend, or am I wrong? Typically that's a busy time, right? (20th) What about the 4-6th, touring says those will be 6/7. But again touring seemed to be a bit off last time. Ugh, so hard to decide, I should just go every weekend instead LOL

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by kyleegirl01 View Post
    Thanks Swampy!! We might be able to pull of this weekend, I'll check out hotel prices. I know right away that hotels will be steep Easter weekend, or am I wrong? Typically that's a busy time, right? (20th) What about the 4-6th, touring says those will be 6/7. But again touring seemed to be a bit off last time. Ugh, so hard to decide, I should just go every weekend instead LOL
    Spring Break is largely the last week of March and first two of April. I take TP's scale and call the 6/7 an 8/9 for the 4-6th.

While Easter falls late, Spring Break can't be simply shifted to align with it because it makes a break fall too close to the end of school. Easter weekend will be busier than the next weekend, but that is why attractions are closing right after it. It would be better to go on the 29-30th if you want better crowds but will miss some rides.

Last minute hotel rates can be tricky, try priceline or hotwire if you're not picky.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

I'm considering visiting on March 31st. However, I'm a little unclear on if it's expected to be crowded or not. isitpacked seems to show that it will be crowded but RMH travel shows it as being a smaller crowd day. Any insight?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by socplayer834 View Post
    I'm considering visiting on March 31st. However, I'm a little unclear on if it's expected to be crowded or not. isitpacked seems to show that it will be crowded but RMH travel shows it as being a smaller crowd day. Any insight?

Welcome to Micechat. It won't be insane, hard to walk crowded, but will be very busy. Expect the best rides to have 60 minute plus waits, and the rides that are unpopular to have 10-15 minute waits.
    Be Cool Stay in School!