Page 81 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31567178798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1328

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

So... Um, why not make a new sticky for 2014? Lol, just wondering.
    Last edited by hadla; 03-16-2014 at 10:49 AM.
    WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003
    Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2014

"Mustard... Yes, but MUSTARD?! Don't let's be silly!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I heard somewhere that there are 999 dead people living in The Haunted Mansion........

Any predictions for March 26th and 27th? It looks like Disney is expecting some of the larger local Spring Break crowds between 3/31 and 4/20 as that's when So Cal discount tickets are blacked out. The week before Easter is blacked out for the So Cal AP. I checked a couple Orange County school districts and despite Easter occurring so late this year, their Spring Breaks are still connected to that holiday (either the week before or after, mostly before). We're obviously hoping to avoid these crowds.

Spring break is wrapping up here in Austin, and South By Southwest, but schools around here break for summer in mid May, making an April Spring Break unfeasible. With most Orange County schools breaking in June, the April Spring Break is doable - I remember a couple of those growing up in Mission Viejo.

• Under that tree again!

It will be very busy. There are a lot more schools to consider.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Swampy, you always give such great recommendations and advice. Its really appreciated!

Okay, so we are AP holders and have made several trips down from Seattle, mostly driving, in the last few years. Our current AP's expire Nov 3rd and we want to make one more trip, probably a couple weeks or so not all in DLR, before they expire. After that our excursions will be to other places for a couple years.

If you had to pick a week or ten days at DLR anytime between May and Nov 1st, which week would you choose? Lower crowds are a consideration, of course, but we like to visit when the parks are open at least until 9 p.m.

I'm kind of leaning toward the end of Sept, but wondered what you think.

Thanks!
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

The moon, it will take a rainbow mixed with paperclips because that equals 4.

Trying to have a super trip with no known second chance. Well that's tough.

I'd want to go when you can do everything. And that is hard. Long hours and low crowds, possibly or a compromise. My main concern is we have tons of rehabs until summer, and what happens in the long range, will they continue through summer, stop but then restart in the fall?

I would go with A or B.

A. Go late summer. That is August 3rd week. Crowds start to slow a little but the midweek is mild side of busy, hours are still long and the park is working at full tilt. Ideally only the subs will be in rehab. Problem is some crowds, heat, Magical is the firework show which is ok.

B. Right end of September beginning of October. Crowds are ok on weekdays busy on weekends. Some rehabs to be expected and the Subs are supposed to reopen. You could do a Halloween Party for the extra characters, mini parade and excellent fireworks. Then F! and Remember fireworks on Saturday or Sunday. Problem may be the wind, which can delay cancel fireworks, non classic forms of Space and HM and the park in general.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Yeah I know its tough, there is no slow time anymore. Sometimes you happen upon a slower day here and there but not as a rule like in days long past.

You have helped me decide that late Sept will be our best shot. I am not a fan of the summer heat, so maybe the end of Sept will be a tad bit cooler than August. No guarantees I know. Late September has had some horrible high temps in the past so in any situation we will make the best of it.

Thanks again! Your advice always makes sense.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    The moon, it will take a rainbow mixed with paperclips because that equals 4.
    rotflmao! It's even funnier read in Ferb's voice!! XD
    WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003
    Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2014

"Mustard... Yes, but MUSTARD?! Don't let's be silly!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I heard somewhere that there are 999 dead people living in The Haunted Mansion........

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

My husband and I are planning on going the first week of December, 1st-5th. Is this a good time to go? Crowd, refurbs, and operating hours wise? We've never been during that time.

Thank-ya!
    Last edited by madgei; 03-29-2014 at 06:46 AM.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by madgei View Post
    My husband and I are planning on going the first week of December, 1st-5th. Is this a good time to go? Crowd, refurbs, and operating hours wise? We've never been during that time.

Thank-ya!
    That is an great time to go for low crowds.
    There are usually just a few rehabs as in the short period between Thanksgiving and Christmas crowds.
    Hours are medium low, 9 am opening and 8,9 or 10 closings.

Because this is during the Holiday Season, fireworks run nightly.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    That is an great time to go for low crowds.
    There are usually just a few rehabs as in the short period between Thanksgiving and Christmas crowds.
    Hours are medium low, 9 am opening and 8,9 or 10 closings.

Because this is during the Holiday Season, fireworks run nightly.
    Thanks! Glad we decided on the beginning of December. I've always wanted to go while the Christmas decorations were all up but haven't wanted to deal with the massive crowds.

Great thread, I've enjoyed going through the posts

Let's talk Halloween 2014. What can be expected in the park Mon oct 27 - fri oct 31 (partially dumb question, I know

I'm mostly concerned about the Halloween party (happens every night, or just a couple of nights?), crowds: will it be shoulder-to-shoulder with Elsas and Annas?

Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by CanaDuh View Post
    Great thread, I've enjoyed going through the posts

Let's talk Halloween 2014. What can be expected in the park Mon oct 27 - fri oct 31 (partially dumb question, I know

I'm mostly concerned about the Halloween party (happens every night, or just a couple of nights?), crowds: will it be shoulder-to-shoulder with Elsas and Annas?

Thanks!
    Crowds are ok. That actually a better week of the month to visit because it avoids some non traditional school holidays.

I answered on you other thread. Parties tend to be on Tuesday and Friday. In the evening after 5 to when the party starts are it's very busy. On Friday especially. On Friday regular guest will go to DCA because DL is crazy shortly after five until the party starts at seven and then regular guest flood into DCA. It's good to watch WoC on a MHP night in DL.

Also of people dress up but the variety of costumes is great, as is the detail.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Thanks! I guess I'm just really nervous, because we don't come out very often. We were very happy with the post-NAMM crowds in 2013, and like everyone else, we don't want to make a big mistake!

Alright.
    Last edited by madgei; 04-01-2014 at 06:18 AM.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by madgei View Post
    Alright. My parents are thinking about going to DLR and they can really only go the last week of September (I'm guessing starting the 29th?). They would like to know if it is supposed to be crowded that week. And if it's worth it (if there is too many refurbs going on or not, etc.). What do you think swampy?
    The crowds are ok. It's a decent time to visit for not crazy crowds. There are a medium level of refurbs because after summer they try to start project so they can be done by the Holidays.

Because of how the calendar falls they may start the Halloween Parties on Friday the 26th and there could be one on Tuesday the 30th. Official dates come out in early summer.

I like visiting then, if you go have fun.
    Be Cool Stay in School!