Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3459748182838485868794 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1494
  1. #1246

    •   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,852

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Never been during Labor Day weekend and was just reading that the Half Marathon goes on during that weekend as well. Assuming it will be packed out, which one day would be better Sunday or Monday?

  2. #1247

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Never been during Labor Day weekend and was just reading that the Half Marathon goes on during that weekend as well. Assuming it will be packed out, which one day would be better Sunday or Monday?
    It's not packed, busy on the weekend but not bad. Being that everyone is just done with a long summer it's not a serous vacation time. A lot of people run, but more are local rather than tourists and go home after the race. The race only causes a sliver of increased attendance.

    I'd go with Sunday. Long hours, and summer full entertainment scheduled. Monday after is very quiet, but Space closes to get it's Halloween overlay, and the hours are short again with no more F! or Fireworks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock128 View Post
    Im thinking of visiting the park with a friend on the 18th and the 26th.

    Predictions on crowds?? D:
    Twice in two different weeks?

    18th will be busy and the 26th about the same.



    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    How busy is the weekend and week before President's day weekend usually?
    Ok and slow. Weekends at that time are slow for weekends which means slightly busy. The week days are slow. It's the week after President's Day that has moderate crowds.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  3. #1248

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    143

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Twice in two different weeks?

    18th will be busy and the 26th about the same.
    Im most likely going to go on one of those days since its the only time me and my friend have the same days off. Just trying to pick the lesser of two evils.

  4. #1249

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock128 View Post
    Im most likely going to go on one of those days since its the only time me and my friend have the same days off. Just trying to pick the lesser of two evils.
    In that case definitely the 26th. I think there will be about the same number of people in the park. However more closures will be over, and with Pirates and Small World back open DL will have shorter waits because of a significant increase in ride capacity.

    The thing that I don't like is that weekend will be the start of the summer season for the parks, and Magical will show instead of RDCT.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  5. #1250

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sadly, Not in Disneyland.
    Posts
    36

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    So we're planning to go to the parks September 2nd-5th. It sounds like it won't be too busy, is that correct? But I saw that you said Space Mountain closes. When does that close and for how long usually? And will Haunted Mansion also be down? Thank you so much.

  6. #1251

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Cha View Post
    So we're planning to go to the parks September 2nd-5th. It sounds like it won't be too busy, is that correct? But I saw that you said Space Mountain closes. When does that close and for how long usually? And will Haunted Mansion also be down? Thank you so much.
    It has moderate crowds. Usually not a lot of things are closed, entertainment is fully schedules, and the parks handle the spread out crowds quite easily.

    Space closes the week after Memorial Day's week. It goes down for 4 days, basically the weekdays so it can open on Friday.

    HM closes for 3 weeks, starting in the last week of August and reopens like Space on that Friday when Halloween begins.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  7. #1252

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    143

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    So I looked it up and just found out that the 16th of this month lands during the Bats Day weekend. Has anyone gone during Bats Day? Is it beyond crowded?

  8. #1253

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sadly, Not in Disneyland.
    Posts
    36

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It has moderate crowds. Usually not a lot of things are closed, entertainment is fully schedules, and the parks handle the spread out crowds quite easily.

    Space closes the week after Memorial Day's week. It goes down for 4 days, basically the weekdays so it can open on Friday.

    HM closes for 3 weeks, starting in the last week of August and reopens like Space on that Friday when Halloween begins.

    So Labor Day is the 1st of September, does that mean it goes down September 2nd (the day right after Labor day) or September 8th (the week after Labor Day). Sorry. Me and my dad are just reading this response two different ways and we would appreciate if you could clarify so we can plan accordingly. Thank you so much again. I am so glad you take the time to respond to each and every person in this thread. It really helps a lot.

  9. #1254

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Cha View Post
    So Labor Day is the 1st of September, does that mean it goes down September 2nd (the day right after Labor day) or September 8th (the week after Labor Day). Sorry. Me and my dad are just reading this response two different ways and we would appreciate if you could clarify so we can plan accordingly. Thank you so much again. I am so glad you take the time to respond to each and every person in this thread. It really helps a lot.
    The following week, closed on the 8th. Likely reopening with the start of Halloween on the 12th.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  10. #1255

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sadly, Not in Disneyland.
    Posts
    36

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    The following week, closed on the 8th. Likely reopening with the start of Halloween on the 12th.
    All right, that's what I thought you meant. Thanks for clearing that up for us.

  11. #1256

    • For You!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock128 View Post
    So I looked it up and just found out that the 16th of this month lands during the Bats Day weekend. Has anyone gone during Bats Day? Is it beyond crowded?
    I am curious too. Would we be better off going to dca on Sunday?

    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

  12. #1257

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    I am curious too. Would we be better off going to dca on Sunday?
    It doesn't matter much. Bats Day is very minor and has just a tiny impact on crowds. It's simple to avoid those crowds. Just don't go to where they are planning to be, when they plan to be there.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  13. #1258

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Laguna Niguel, California, United States
    Posts
    133

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Bats day or not, I went with a buddy yesterday (May 16) and it was INSANELY busy. But I think there were quite a few schools that had a grad night, so that certainly added to the crowd. I'll be sure to make sure that the next day I choose to go isn't grad night in the future. lol

  14. #1259

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    539

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Oh wise micechatters, I am looking for some advice for November. I have been trying to plan a three-day trip. Unfortunately, it turns out the weekend in question is the Avengers Half Marathon. Switching dates is not an option, but I'm now planning to tack on an extra day. The question is, which should be less busy: the Thursday before or the Monday after?
    I know usually that weekend is when the Christmas decorations go out in full force. For us, if adding the Thursday meant a day of no Christmas, that'd be better, but if the post-marathon Monday would be less busy, we'd go that way.
    Anyone have any data to make suggestions? I know Mondays are generally busier than Thursdays, but I don't know if the run will have a different effect. Or if it'll just impact those exact days and nothing surrounding.

  15. #1260

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    I'm guessing the Holidays begin on the 10th, as it takes about 1 week from the end of Halloween to put up all the decorations and switch over the entertainment. I wouldn't worry about that too much.

    I would go on the Thursday the 13th for better crowds.

    The race will only have a small effect on in park crowds and a little one on hotels near by. Most of the racers will be locals, drive there and go home. Don't worry about it too much. The biggest problem with these races is traffic in the early morning, and cancelling Early Hours in the parks.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Similar Threads

  1. [News] When Will it Be Busy at Disneyland - 2009 Edition
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1389
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:16 AM
  2. [News] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2008?
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 605
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 05:35 PM
  3. [Question] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2009?
    By zip-d-dude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •