Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37627784858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1401
  1. #1291

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    29

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    My girlfriend and I are planning a trip with a couple friends for October 3rd-5th any predicitons on crowds? I read somewhere that, that weekend is the gayday weekend how much will that affect crowds?

  2. #1292

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,477

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanWright View Post
    My girlfriend and I are planning a trip with a couple friends for October 3rd-5th any predicitons on crowds? I read somewhere that, that weekend is the gayday weekend how much will that affect crowds?

    It is Gay Days.

    While many show up for the event it has a little overall impact on crowds. It's a normally busy weekend one way or the other.

    If you are worried about crowds avoid the Gay Day special events.

    Don't go on the Mark Twain Saturday between 10:30 and 11:45. In fact stay out of the ROA area because the line for the 11am ride gets huge and it crowds the walkways from POTC to HM. The group fills a couple boats loads as this event gets more popular. This is the most popular event.

    They also meet to watch the parade by Small World.

    On Sunday the group does stuff in DCA. Ride GRR at 11. Not as bad as the Mark Twain you just don't want to be walking through that area around that time as the group assembles.

    Other than that it's a lot of small events, and out of park events, so little trouble.

    Really a fun time to visit. I've been to a lot of Gay Days.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  3. #1293

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    29

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Thanks! What about mickey's Halloween party? Heard that they do that Friday nights in october, or is it friday and saturday?

  4. #1294

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,477

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanWright View Post
    Thanks! What about mickey's Halloween party? Heard that they do that Friday nights in october, or is it friday and saturday?

    It will almost 100% be Friday and almost 100% not Saturday. A few Monday parties instead of Tuesday. And a Halloween Day party on whatever date Halloween Falls on. The normal rule is Tuesday and Fridays.

    Dates will be out in the next couple weeks and tickets on sale in about a month. Book by mid/late August as that night may sell out.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  5. #1295

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    23

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    My daughter an dI are planning a six day trip Nov 10-16th. Anyone have any advice as far as crowds go.

  6. #1296

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,477

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Samval View Post
    My daughter an dI are planning a six day trip Nov 10-16th. Anyone have any advice as far as crowds go.

    It is great weekdays to visit on. The weekend will be busy.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  7. #1297

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    23

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Thanks for the information. Any guesses on park hours that week?

  8. #1298

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,477

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Samval View Post
    Thanks for the information. Any guesses on park hours that week?
    10-8 because it's slow. Friday will go up to probably 9-12, and Saturday and Sunday.

    You will have so much time with all of those days you can do a lot. Fireworks will be nightly during the Holidays. Only for Fantasmic will you need to wait for the Weekend.

    So go ride a lot of rides during the week. Get a great view of the fireworks with light crowds. Watch the parade from a great spot.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  9. #1299

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    14

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    What about June 15 which is Fathers Day

  10. #1300

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,477

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyboy View Post
    What about June 15 which is Fathers Day

    It will be busy. Plan well, arrive before the gates open, use the first couple hours for rides, use FastPass, relax in the busy afternoon and stay until close for when things lighten up after fireworks.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  11. #1301

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    134

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    We are planning December 2nd and 3rd (a Tues & Weds). Is that week usually crazy crowded? Also, will the park hours be later since it is Christmas season or will it be the normal weekday early close?

    I know it seems like forever away but we are trying to plan a trip with a 2 year old that won't be horribly crowded but have all the Christmas stuff going.

    TIA

  12. #1302

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    544

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Christmas off season visits to Disneyland are no longer something to plan or even expect. It will be crowded and not low, low. Thanksgiving is very late into the month. Dec 1 is the Monday after Thanksgiving. A month ago airlines were selling inexpensive tickets for Tuesday departures up to the 16th. So crowds, if they let up, will not happen till Thursday, then everyone returns for the weekend. The holidays as seen by the general public happen after thanksgiving even though Disney has extended it on the front end of Thanksgiving.

    So with the limited post Thanksgiving weeks of holiday it will be more crowded than last year. And it was crowded during the first two weeks of Dec. 2013 beyond the "off season" view anticipated by veteran visitors. There is no longer off season low crowds during the holidays. 2016 and the years beyond is the time to visit Christmas Disneyland if you are seeking low crowds.

    Normal closing times, or that is to say no late night closings likely to be found in high season times. It will not be crazy and your visit will be great if you manage your time in the park. With the 2 year old, you will be limited anyhow, so take in the holiday decor and what ever makes your baby shine, from ear to ear.

  13. #1303

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    134

    Smile Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by laferney Road kid View Post
    Christmas off season visits to Disneyland are no longer something to plan or even expect. It will be crowded and not low, low. Thanksgiving is very late into the month. Dec 1 is the Monday after Thanksgiving. A month ago airlines were selling inexpensive tickets for Tuesday departures up to the 16th. So crowds, if they let up, will not happen till Thursday, then everyone returns for the weekend. The holidays as seen by the general public happen after thanksgiving even though Disney has extended it on the front end of Thanksgiving.

    So with the limited post Thanksgiving weeks of holiday it will be more crowded than last year. And it was crowded during the first two weeks of Dec. 2013 beyond the "off season" view anticipated by veteran visitors. There is no longer off season low crowds during the holidays. 2016 and the years beyond is the time to visit Christmas Disneyland if you are seeking low crowds.

    Normal closing times, or that is to say no late night closings likely to be found in high season times. It will not be crazy and your visit will be great if you manage your time in the park. With the 2 year old, you will be limited anyhow, so take in the holiday decor and what ever makes your baby shine, from ear to ear.
    Thanks so much for the info! I figured it would be a busy time, who doesn't want to be at Disneyland during the holidays. We definitely plan to just take it easy and be on baby girl's schedule. Also, I will take this opportunity to promise not to use a hummer sized stroller, nor use the stroller as a battering ram.

  14. #1304

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    This is a great sticky thread! Newbie on the forums, long time Disneyland visitor.

    I know it's probably suicide, but the girlfriend and I found some free time during the holidays (and a gracious friend who works at the park to comp us) so we're going to be visiting sometime during 4th of July weekend. We're debating between Friday and Saturday (Sunday's not possible, nor is the Thursday prior).

    Which of those two days would be the best day to visit? I know both are blocked out to all Deluxe AP holders so they should be heavy days, but which might just be better crowdwise? Currently, I'm leaning towards a visit on Saturday, July 5th.

    All thoughts and comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance and hope to be a regular on the forums.

  15. #1305

    • Substitute Princess
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    128

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by tekman View Post
    We're debating between Friday and Saturday (Sunday's not possible, nor is the Thursday prior). Which of those two days would be the best day to visit? I know both are blocked out to all Deluxe AP holders so they should be heavy days, but which might just be better crowdwise? Currently, I'm leaning towards a visit on Saturday, July 5th.
    I'm actually in same situation! I'm going to be there on the 5th as well. Something I've noticed lately (with most of the APs blocked off) is that the parks seem to be significantly less crowded on Saturdays. I'm hoping this holds true until the 5th, but there is the Fourth of July crowd to worry about. I'm guessing (optimistically) that most of the locals/blocked off APs will just come down to Downtown Disney to watch the fireworks and leave on the night of the 4th, with a decent chunk of those people staying for the 5th.

    I'm thinking the crowd will be like a typical Sunday when 3/4 of the passes are valid..?

Similar Threads

  1. [News] When Will it Be Busy at Disneyland - 2009 Edition
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1389
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:16 AM
  2. [News] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2008?
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 605
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 05:35 PM
  3. [Question] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2009?
    By zip-d-dude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •