Page 88 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38637885868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1381

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

The 5th is the way to go. It's still going to be busy, but you won't have to deal with people camping out for the fireworks for hours.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Thanks TheMagicFlower & Swampymarsh! Saturday it is.

It's a surprise for my girlfriend since she hasn't been to Disneyland & Ca Adventure since last year when she had her silver pass (she worked at the Disney corporate office in Burbank). Can't wait!

• Substitute Princess

Quote Originally Posted by tekman View Post
    Thanks TheMagicFlower & Swampymarsh! Saturday it is.

It's a surprise for my girlfriend since she hasn't been to Disneyland & Ca Adventure since last year when she had her silver pass (she worked at the Disney corporate office in Burbank). Can't wait!
    I'll be in California Adventure all day on the 5th, so hopefully that park isn't as crowded. I hope you and your girlfriend have lots of fun!

What do you all think of October 18-20, Saturday-Monday? The crowd predictions look promising (7 and below, 1/2 on Monday).

This will be my friends' first visit. I'm limited to 2-3 days in October. I wanted to stick to weekdays and avoid any predictions of 8 or above but I wanted them to see Fantasmic!, WoC and fireworks.

Saturday, 10/18 - arrive 4-5pm, dinner at Disneyland, fireworks, Fantasmic!
    Sunday, 10/19 - Disneyland or DCA? Both?
    Monday, 10/20 - Disneyland or DCA? Both? Disneyland possibly closes early for Mickey's Halloween Party

WoC on Sunday or Monday? Should I bother with WoC reservations or get Fastpass tickets? I've done both and it seems it depends more on when you get in line that evening to ensure a good spot within that section. I'm not sure which is the best day for either park. DCA has lower crowds on Sunday but Disneyland closes early on Monday.
    Last edited by wdimike55; 07-06-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Your touring plan crowd predictions are interesting ..... for they are inaccurate. You are entering the hurricane of swirling strollers, electric scooters ( though they should be very polite bumpers) and pathways blocked by walls of very large families huddle around maps and I-Pad photography. You are visiting the park during UTEA !!!!!!

If you want your friend to visit again, I would avoid the friday-monday of your date and choose another time. Your friend has no real invested expectations of the shows so he really won't know what he is missing. What will happen if you attend that weekend is that the myths of crowding, tons of little folks and long lines will come true for the first time visitor.

The only positive about that weekend is that many of the families will be back to their lodgings with the youngsters during the nighttime activities so not so much crowded at night with little folks, but from 10:00 to 6:00 it will be crowded. But it will be a polite crowded.

I have not experienced this phenomenon called the "UTEA". Well that must explain why the Hilton was all booked up. I searched all the events in October and that one didn't come up. Epic fail!

Is there any hope that the majority of these people will be returning to their home of record on Sunday or that they'll all be in line to meet Elsa most of the day? I want to imagine most will be leaving on Sunday to return to their teaching duties on Monday. They have a responsibility to the children!

/sigh

We haven't booked anything but at this point... I don't know... there's always something going on unless one wants to go in Jan/Feb and play refurbishment bingo.

We could shift forward a day, go Sunday-Tuesday. It's also possible the convention goers do leave on Sunday AND everyone else avoids that weekend because of the convention resulting in perfect opposite-storm of extremely low crowds.
    Last edited by wdimike55; 07-07-2014 at 01:01 AM.

The convention does not take place in Anaheim. What happens is that the state closes school and teachers attend to other professional duties. So it is not teachers at Disneyland but elementary school families meeting up with other sibling families and grandparents.

I have experienced it twice, in 2000 when it didn't actually have a name and it 2003 when I noticed that there wasn't an off season feel to the visit. So somewhere after 2003 it became recognized as a Disneyland touring event. (Add to the mix is the that here in Oregon for 2014 it is a four day weekend prior to your weekend). so what I did in the past was pull my elementary school child out of school and had a 10 day visit to Disneyland and the High Desert.

If your student is TAG, his friends TAG and your family is functioning, then there is no social stigma to pulling your child out of an elementary school that isn't functioning correctly. So that is what happens to make that second week in October, the UTEA, a non off season October visit.

Yes Sunday should be light as folks are leaving the area and returning home.

Halloween party calendar purchase dates have been published and your Monday in the Disneyland is short and crowded, so plan DCA, along with everyone else leaving Disneyland to DCA

I appreciate all the info. I shifted it a week and a day, 10/26-10/29.

Sunday, 10/26 - Disneyland, fireworks, Fantasmic!
    Monday, 10/27 - DCA w/EMH, WoC
    Tuesday, 10/28 - Disneyland, w/EMH

I'll have to be prepared that Fantasmic! may be cancelled due to winds and not have a second chance.

My husband and I have annual passes that expire on November 8, and even though we'll be in the parks in August, we are thinking about crazy and coming down just one more time before they expire. After being tempted by the Halloween party, we are going to go closer to fall break (I'm a teacher and have a bit of a break for Remembrance Day that I can add a few days to earlier in the week).

Here is the question. The parks' website doesn't have up their park hours for November 5-8, when we are thinking of going. We would fly into LA on the 5th, and we have the option of two flights. One gets us there four hours earlier than the other, but would cost $180 more (total). I'm wondering whether or not anyone knows or can make an educated guess as to park hours on Wednesday, November 5. The late flight gets into LA just after 1:00pm, so by the time we get luggage, shuttle, check in to hotel and get to the park, I'm thinking it will be around 3:00pm. If Disneyland closes at 11 that night, I think that's fine. But if it closes at, say, 8pm, then we just might shell out the extra $ for the earlier flight.

Any ideas? Thanks so much.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by spacetraveller View Post
    I'm wondering whether or not anyone knows or can make an educated guess as to park hours on Wednesday, November 5.

10 to 8. Still you may not want to shell out for the early flight. It just depends on how much you want to do. It's a slow week to visit, so if you want to pack it in, 4 hours will be great. If you want to be more leisurly, the 6th will be very slow and you can get in a lot during the short hours. Friday will be slow in the morning too.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Thanks so much! I think we will save our money, then. The churro budget has just gone up for our trip!

As far as the Halloween party dates are concerned... which would be a better plan for lower crowds?

Tuesday Sept 30 to Thursday Oct 2, with the party on Sept. 30
    or
    Tuesday Oct. 7 to Thursday Oct 9, with the party on Oct. 8

There are 3 party dates during the week of October 6 to October 10 so I'm wondering if that means the parties might be less crowded that week?
    Last edited by VegasDisneyana; 07-20-2014 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Additional info

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDisneyana View Post
    As far as the Halloween party dates are concerned... which would be a better plan for lower crowds?

Tuesday Sept 30 to Thursday Oct 2, with the party on Sept. 30
    or
    Tuesday Oct. 7 to Thursday Oct 9, with the party on Oct. 8

There are 3 party dates during the week of October 6 to October 10 so I'm wondering if that means the parties might be less crowded that week?

At the parties themselves the crowds will be almost the same. The best way to get a less crowded part is to go on Tuesday, avoid the opening party, and last party. Almost all of the parties sell out but around Halloween, the opening party and Fridays do it quicker making it a sure thing.

Are you purposely avoiding a weekend? You will get regular fireworks and Fantasmic, plus longer hours if you include a Saturday or Sunday.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Are you purposely avoiding a weekend? You will get regular fireworks and Fantasmic, plus longer hours if you include a Saturday or Sunday.
    Actually, I'm just trying to help out a friend who insists on going to one of the parties against my advice. The last time I went to one of the parties, several years ago, the crowds were horrendous. And that was on a Tuesday.

I figured a middle of the week trip would be best for lower crowds in general but.... again, I haven't been in quite some time. Is the midweek during those times as busy as the weekends?