Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3964798687888990919299 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1503

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

Hello. I have been planning a trip to take my daughter to Disneyland for her first time for her birthday. I originally wanted to take her August 25-28 so that we would be there on her actual birthday(25th). However the Haunted mansion is supposed to close down that week and I really would like her to experience it as well as see it myself again for the first time in nearly 20 years.

I then figured I would take her the week before (18-21) but then learned about AP block out dates. Would the week starting August 11 be less crowded? Would shifting the days so that I am there on a Saturday (triple block out) be worth it or is sticking to Monday-Thursday better?

Hello, I know it may sound crazy, but my family is looking to travel to Disneyland for 4 full days (so 6 including travel days, unless we can get a flight that leaves home in the morning or leaves John Wayne at night) sometime between December 12th-January 2nd. I have pretty much ruled out from the 21st onwards out due to the assumption that there will be insane crowds- is this correct? Are there any blackout dates that should affect crowds I should be aware of? Thanks so much

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDisneyana View Post
    Actually, I'm just trying to help out a friend who insists on going to one of the parties against my advice. The last time I went to one of the parties, several years ago, the crowds were horrendous. And that was on a Tuesday.

I figured a middle of the week trip would be best for lower crowds in general but.... again, I haven't been in quite some time. Is the midweek during those times as busy as the weekends?
    Midweek is definitely better. The trade off for lower crowds, is shorter hours and less entertainment. A Sunday through Tuesday visit combines both and a party.

While you though the party was crowded it really wasn't. The problem is most people arrive and leave at the same time, also do they same things. If you want contrary to what most people do, it's not too bad. The dilemma is that you want to see the parade, trick or treat and watch the fireworks as does almost everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    I then figured I would take her the week before (18-21) but then learned about AP block out dates. Would the week starting August 11 be less crowded? Would shifting the days so that I am there on a Saturday (triple block out) be worth it or is sticking to Monday-Thursday better?
    When APs are unblocked there is no burst of crowds, at the end of summer.

Weekdays at that time are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by fangirl View Post
    Hello, I know it may sound crazy, but my family is looking to travel to Disneyland for 4 full days (so 6 including travel days, unless we can get a flight that leaves home in the morning or leaves John Wayne at night) sometime between December 12th-January 2nd. I have pretty much ruled out from the 21st onwards out due to the assumption that there will be insane crowds- is this correct? Are there any blackout dates that should affect crowds I should be aware of? Thanks so much

For the Holidays in December you want to go as early as possible and avoid the weeks with holidays in them.

If the 12th is the earliest you can go, that will be ok for crowds. If you can go the week before that would be better.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

a little insight for you being from Canada, is that our National Holiday, Thanksgiving is late into the year. Thanksgiving has no numerical date but is always the fourth Thursday of the month. This year, that Thursday is the 27th - Sunday the 30th, .......which means....... Dec 1 is a Monday.

A whole week of Christmas "holiday" is lost. If visitors don't accept the pre-Thanksgiving Disney Christmas weeks as holiday family activities, Then Disneyland will experience the most crowded Christmas December ever:

1) Families may stay longer after the Thanksgiving weekend because of its proximity to other local holiday events.
    2) Families may stay longer to celebrate an extensive Christmas December before they head off to ski resorts or Hawaii.
    3) Families avoided Thanksgiving because they were conditioned that it would be crowded and choose to visit the following week. This happened at Disneyland July 4th, the park had low crowds for a peak holiday summer visit. That is not to say that July 4th was empty, but it did not feel like a peak holiday.

So for Christmas 2014 do not plan to visit if you are seeking a off season holiday that is not crowded. That is not going to happen. So plan your attraction time for 8-11 in the morning and late at night. The evening is also crowded, because locals are coming into the park for the evening cheer.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    When APs are unblocked there is no burst of crowds, at the end of summer.

Weekdays at that time are ok.
    Thanks! I figured this might be the case during the mornings since most schools are back in session, but what about afternoons and evenings? will the difference in crowds still be negligible between the two weeks? I also see that the park hours are an hour longer the week of the 18th vs the week of the 11th. Does this mean they are expecting bigger crowds?

Midweek is definitely better. The trade off for lower crowds, is shorter hours and less entertainment. A Sunday through Tuesday visit combines both and a party.
    Thank you.... and so an update to my question....

I've convinced my friend to skip the Halloween party altogether and he is now open to any going anytime. After much debate and discussion, I have agreed to join his group. It will be my first visit back in over three years. I hate to say it but my first reaction was one of dread. I feel horrible for feeling that way but.... the last few trips were.... really bad. Help me Obi-Swampy-Marsh, you're my only hope.

Anyway.... from a purely crowd perspective..... which would be better/what is the difference:

Tuesday, Sept. 9 to Thursday, Sept. 11 (just prior to the official start of Halloween Time w/ HM, Space Mountain, and Matterhorn closed)
    or
    Tuesday, Sept. 16 to Thursday Sept. 18 (first week of Halloween Time, but no party dates on these days, w/ Matterhorn closed

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDisneyana View Post
    Anyway.... from a purely crowd perspective..... which would be better/what is the difference:

Tuesday, Sept. 9 to Thursday, Sept. 11 (just prior to the official start of Halloween Time w/ HM, Space Mountain, and Matterhorn closed)
    or
    Tuesday, Sept. 16 to Thursday Sept. 18 (first week of Halloween Time, but no party dates on these days, w/ Matterhorn closed
    The first dates are really slow. The week after is pretty mild the most popular attraction, Space, will probably top out at 30-45 minute waits and you can use FP to avoid that wait. I'd aim for the second week just because of having Space and the Mansion open however Indy is planned to be closed. But the 1st week has the most closures of the Fall. I'd look at it as a would I want smaller small crowds or more attractions.

Thanks! I figured this might be the case during the mornings since most schools are back in session, but what about afternoons and evenings? will the difference in crowds still be negligible between the two weeks? I also see that the park hours are an hour longer the week of the 18th vs the week of the 11th. Does this mean they are expecting bigger crowds?
    During the weeks in question the afternoon is of course busier but not crowded and evenings are no worse. Only on Fridays do the parks get busier in the evening. Every other day the guests level just goes up and peaks in the afternoon.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 07-24-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

During the weeks in question the afternoon is of course busier but not crowded and evenings are no worse. Only on Fridays do the parks get busier in the evening. Every other day the guests level just goes up and peaks in the afternoon.
    Thanks Swampy! I think I will go ahead and plan for the week of August 18th.

Is something happening during the third week of August (17-22)? Theres an 11pm closing the week before, and a 10pm closing the week after. Seems like a strange jump. What am I missing?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    Is something happening during the third week of August (17-22)? Theres an 11pm closing the week before, and a 10pm closing the week after. Seems like a strange jump. What am I missing?

Crowds trail off as summer winds down and schools start up. I never felt it was a major problem, but people take a last chance trip and the crowds rise again. Like I said I don't notice it very much. The parks handle it well so it's no big deal. Then in the last week of August almost everyone is home for school so the park is mild again, but rehabs start that week too.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• DLR Softie

A certain sites calendar has Fri, Sep 5, as 1 - 2 for crowd levels; your thoughts??
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by HM 339 View Post
    A certain sites calendar has Fri, Sep 5, as 1 - 2 for crowd levels; your thoughts??
    If it's out of 5 yes. But out of ten closer to a 3.

The week of Labor Day is not bad at all because after Labor Day almost every school is in session and summer vacation is done.

I will be a calm day and only mildly busy in the evening.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Planning a trip to the parks for Monday the 18th. Crowd predictions?

I'm planning my trip November 19-22. We already booked the hotel (Best Western Park Place Plus) and when I went to check to see if the price was the same, the hotel said they were sold out. Is there something going on that week that I'm not aware of? Aren't the kids still in school and taking midterms? My daughter is nervous that it's going to be crowded.

So, here is my insight as a Thanksgiving week visitor.

I fly in on thursday the 20th because that is the last cheap day of the month.

21 and 22 are friday and saturday, it is fine for non credit students to miss one or two days of school.

My school district closes school Thanksgiving week. So, I have a hotel room from Thursday the 20th to Friday the 28th, since that friday is the cheapest of the week to depart by air.

The same applies for folks driving. Leave on a Thursday, have a extra day planned to deal with weather issues.

Not going to do the research on APers, but it is a shorter holiday year so maybe they better travel and enter the park on the 21, 22, and 23, and even pay extra to enter with aP discount.

There is no off season holiday this year!!!!