Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst ... 6789101112193459 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by NokOnHarts View Post
    I haven't read if these dates were asked about already, but we are planning to go around Nov. 11-16 (Sun-Fri.) This is over Veterans Day weekend so I suspect Monday could be busy, as well as Friday, We are hoping to catch some of the Christmas decor.
    The weekend days including Friday evening will be busy. The other days wonderful.

The Christmas Season may not start while you are there, but decorations will be up in many places. Halloween goes down as Christmas starts to go up. If you are there before the season officially starts you may miss fireworks and Small World may be closed for it's seasonal overlay. The official dates for when the Christmas Season start should be released early this Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brinkalee View Post
    I am going this weekend as well. I bought the World of Color Picnic package... dunno if that was really necessary or if the crowds for WoC are even high anymore. Was a little bummed to see they moved the Fireworks to 8:40pm. Gonna have to run straight to the hub after WoC! hehe.

Anybody have any suggestions on whether it is better to park in the Mickey Structure or the Toy Story Lot. I have never parked in the Toy Story lot before, but It seems pretty far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Firework get earlier as the days get longer.

With the WoC picnic the nice thing is it doesn't cost much more than a normal lunch and you can pick them up from 11:30am to an hour before the first WoC show of the night. It can be your lunch or dinner.

WoC is almost always packed, and this weekend will be busy. Plan to get there early and find a spot in an upper tier along the railings. Viewing from the top lets you exit Paradise Park easily to get ahead of the WoC crowd. Hurry over to DL and find a spot for Remember.

I'm a big fan of the Toy Story lot and primarily park there. It is quick to get into because it's not as big and popular. You can turn into it, pay and park in the time it takes to pay to get into M&F. No big lines or levels to wind your way up. The Toy Story lot buses come quick and load and go. You don't have to wait for the doors to shut on several tram cars.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 03-09-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    The weekend days including Friday evening will be busy. The other days wonderful.

The Christmas Season may not start while you are there, but decorations will be up in many places. Halloween goes down as Christmas starts to go up. If you are there before the season officially starts you may miss fireworks and Small World may be closed for it's seasonal overlay. The official dates for when the Christmas Season start should be released early this Summer.

Firework get earlier as the days get longer.

With the WoC picnic the nice thing is it doesn't cost much more than a normal lunch and you can pick them up from 11:30am to an hour before the first WoC show of the night. It can be your lunch or dinner.

WoC is almost always packed, and this weekend will be busy. Plan to get there early and find a spot in an upper tier along the railings. Viewing from the top lets you exit Paradise Park easily to get ahead of the WoC crowd. Hurry over to DL and find a spot for Remember.

I'm a big fan of the Toy Story lot and primarily park there. It is quick to get into because it's not as big and popular. You can turn into it, pay and park in the time it takes to pay to get into M&F. No big lines or levels to wind your way up. The Toy Story lot buses come quick and load and go. You don't have to wait for the doors to shut on several tram cars.
    Thanks swampymarsh for the great information!

When you say upper tier is that still the blue section near the railing or the in the back? I am also assuming the view is better closer as opposed to the back? How early would you suggest I go to get a spot? =)

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Brinkalee View Post
    When you say upper tier is that still the blue section near the railing or the in the back? I am also assuming the view is better closer as opposed to the back? How early would you suggest I go to get a spot? =)
    With a WoC Picnic you get a Yellow section FastPass.

I've seen the show several times. I'm slightly inclined to say I prefer to watch from the back. You can take in the whole show. At the front it is a bit exciting but some things get too far to the side of your view. Also it can be wet, and this was only a big problem for me one windy night.

When I say upper tier, Paradise Park has 3 or 4 levels, so aim for the one in the back, or up highest to get out quickly. Being near and isle helps too.

I would try to show up about 10 minutes before the return window on your WoC FastPass. Ask CMs where your color is meeting and try to be in the front of the group. When the return window opens the group is let into Paradise Park. Most people go strait to the front and it's easy to get along the railing in a highi tier.

My family is flying in June 11 and was planning to visit the parks on the 12, 13 and 14th. I am really confused as what to expect the crowd levels to be on these dates due to the new all day grad nights on those dates as well as the possibility of the opening of Cars Land. We do have the option to visit on that Friday 6\15, but I would imagine it would be even busier on that day due to the official openings of Matterhorn, Buena Vista, and Cars Land. Any idea what the crowds will be like? Any tips? I was unaware of these events until after I bought my airfare.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffismonkey View Post
    visit the parks on the 12, 13 and 14th. I am really confused as what to expect the crowd levels to be on these dates due to the new all day grad nights on those dates as well as the possibility of the opening of Cars Land. We do have the option to visit on that Friday 6\15, .
    I would expect the 12th to be busy. Remember that the Grads have hoppers and will likely be out of school and able to go to the parks as soon as they can. They aren't huge in numbers, so while you will see them around they will probably only be a quarter of the guest make up at most.

On the 13th more AP Holders will be blocked. It will probably be mildly busy.

On the 14th DCA will be closed, I would expect DL will be very busy as crowds all go into DL that day.

On the 15th I would expect giant crowds from the parking areas to the Esplanade. Mainly going into DCA and into Cars Land. DL will be mildly busy, DCA very busy. This may be a good day to be in DL and I can also understand wanting to be in Cars Land for the opening day.

Because of medium to huge crowds over this visit I would suggest you use Fastpass as well as possibly. Make sure you are at the park 30 minutes early and use the morning strickly for rides. Eat at off hours when rides are crowded and dining tables are not. Take a mid day nap if needed. Stay in the park until closing try to avoid the E-ticket attractions if you don't have Fast Pass as that is where the Grads will go.

Thanks Swampymarsh. I am bummed that it will be so busy at the time we are going to be there. We are military living overseas and planned this vacation some time ago. Now that plane tickets are bought, we are stuck with our dates. From the information you gave me, what day is the most optimal of the three (6/12, 6/13, 6/15)? Should we forgo Disney all together and find someplace else to visit? We have visited Disney Tokyo before and I never want to be in a park again so crowded you can barely move.

Thanks in advance for helping!

• Under that tree again!

From the information you gave me, what day is the most optimal of the three (6/12, 6/13, 6/15)? Should we forgo Disney all together and find someplace else to visit? We have visited Disney Tokyo before
    Either the 13th or 15th. On the 13th when all SoCal AP holders are blocked out it may feel nice to be in the park even with the Grad Students there. On the 15th it is risky but the crowds may be limited to Cars Land and Matterhorn with the rest of DCA having long waits and the other DL attractions with medium waits. Historically that is what happened when major attractions opened. Huge waits for the new attraction, low waits elsewhere. The risk is this isn't just a new attraction, it's a new land or two, CL and BVS so it may garner much bigger crowds.

I imagine when getting into DCA and along BVS and near CL on the 15th barely able to move is the correct description for what will happen. Not for the rest of your visit.

Are you aware of this great $99 ticket offer?
    Tickets | U.S. Military Special Offers | Disneyland Resort

Thank you for serving.

What an awesome deal! We plan on taking advantage of that. Do you know if that ticket will include a Magic Morning? That might help our plan of attack if we can get in one extra hour.
    Thanks for your help!

• Under that tree again!

What an awesome deal! We plan on taking advantage of that. Do you know if that ticket will include a Magic Morning? That might help our plan of attack if we can get in one extra hour.
    Thanks for your help!

I confirmed with Disney that Yes, the military 3 day hoppers include a Magic Morning.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I confirmed with Disney that Yes, the military 3 day hoppers include a Magic Morning.
    My friend has the military 3 day park hopper tickets and it specifically says "excludes" Magic Mornings. Just don't want to see someone disappointed so make sure to read the fine print.

Looking at September or October to visit. Swampymarsh gave us great info earlier on October.

Anything really good or to avoid in the seconde half of September? Would like to see Haunted Mansion, either before or after the overlay.

Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by wltdzny View Post
    Anything really good or to avoid in the seconde half of September? Would like to see Haunted Mansion, either before or after the overlay.
    While there is really nothing going on to cause a problem the weekend after Labor Day week end before Halloween Starts, which probably won't happen this year with the way the calendar dates fall, is a slower weekend of the year. After the season starts the weekends are normally busy. The weekdays still slow.

If your goal is to see the Haunted Mansion aim for the 16th to see it with the Holiday overlay or before August 29th when it will shut to get the Holiday overlay. The overlay takes about 3 weeks to go up. In likely June when the Halloween Season dates and party nights are announced we will know for sure.

Also it's possible the first party will be on the 28th but if they add parties, a distinct possiblity given their popularity and profitability, it could add more busy days. We need to wait and see.

Looking at going the days of the 15th-22nd skipping a day. So you said you think other rides other than Matterhorn and Cars land will have minimal wait times? What would be the day to skip in that timeframe and do you think it will be hard to get stuff accomplished that whole week?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by thedexican View Post
    Looking at going the days of the 15th-22nd skipping a day. So you said you think other rides other than Matterhorn and Cars land will have minimal wait times?
    On the 15th I'm not sure minimal would be a fitting word, but medium waits better for DL only. Unless you want to be able to say you were there for the Grand Opening part II of DCA, stay out of the park. With the massive waits that will come on the 15th for Cars Land, the crowds will overflow into other parts of DCA.

What would be the day to skip in that timeframe and do you think it will be hard to get stuff accomplished that whole week?
    Because it's a weekend day and the SoCal AP isn't blocked, Sunday the 17th would be the day to skip. While the weekdays should calm down a bit don't expect them to be quiet days. Most schools will be out and the Grad Nite students on the 19th, 21st and 22nd could make up 1/8 people in the park filling in what could of been a dip in attendance.

We will be there May 30 to June 1 , visiting from East Coast, and I understand Grad Nites will be going on, what should we expect?

Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst ... 6789101112193459 ... LastLast