Page 90 of 107 FirstFirst ... 40658087888990919293100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1597

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland

We went last year around the same time (the week before Thanksgiving) and it was great. No crowds on Wednesday and Thursday. Friday was busy, but not too bad. I'm hoping this year will be the same. It's just that the hotel is sold out and that isn't a good sign.

• Minion

Many first time visitors and " I have waited so long " veteran visitors have the same hope that you are longing for but it isn't going to happen. the stock market is driving a consumer thirsty economy and folks are using those dividends to travel. An October market crash would probably open up reservations.

• Minion

more bad news on how crowded it will be Christmas. August 2014 has sold more cars since the 2009 Cars for Clunkers program. Everybody will be driving to Calif in their new car, no worry of breakdowns, so folks willing to take the risk.

I was thinking about taking the family Sept.21-23. How will the crowds be and will the park be open late Sunday?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmydcarguy View Post
    I was thinking about taking the family Sept.21-23. How will the crowds be and will the park be open late Sunday?
    It will be busy but nothing extreme. Parks should open at 9 on Saturday close at 11 always 10 for DCA. On Sunday open at 8 but both close at 10. Monday will be a 10-8 day with low crowds, excellent day for Space Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

How is Dec9-11? My little girls want to meet all the characters so I am imagining a lot of character meet and greet lines and of course, elsa.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by miceyip View Post
    How is Dec9-11? My little girls want to meet all the characters so I am imagining a lot of character meet and greet lines and of course, elsa.
    Welcome to micechat !!!

Thanksgiving is late into the year. Thanksgiving has no numerical date but is always the fourth Thursday of the month. This year, that Thursday is the 27th - Sunday the 30th, .......which means....... Dec 1 is a Monday.

A whole week of Christmas "holiday" is lost. If visitors don't accept the pre-Thanksgiving Disney Christmas weeks as holiday family activities, Then Disneyland will experience the most crowded Christmas December.

The weekend Mondays follow as
    dec 1 is after Thanksgiving
    Dec 8 is Candle weekend,
    Dec 15 some schools out
    Dec 22, Santa around the corner.

I was there your week and Wednesday was the only slow morning. But I am adult without little children, so my touring was different from what you may choose to do as a parent.

So for Christmas 2014 do not plan to visit if you are seeking a off season holiday that is not crowded. That is not going to happen. So plan your attraction time for 8-11 in the morning and late at night. The evening is also crowded, because locals are coming into the park for the evening cheer.
    Last edited by laferney Road kid; 08-21-2014 at 11:51 PM. Reason: wrong day of the week

Thanks! I would rather have off season but it looks like off season and christmas don't go together. I haven't seen disney at christmas yet and really want to. I have done Halloween at Disneyland Hong Kong and Easter in Disneyworld (that was insane crowd wise but we were in Florida for a shuttle launch). I like seeing all the special stuff the parks do for the holidays.

I took my 4 year old to Disneyland the Monday after Thanksgiving (Dec. 2) and found it to be not too crowded. Most lines were 10-20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by laurainwonderland View Post
    I'm planning my trip November 19-22. We already booked the hotel (Best Western Park Place Plus) and when I went to check to see if the price was the same, the hotel said they were sold out. Is there something going on that week that I'm not aware of? Aren't the kids still in school and taking midterms? My daughter is nervous that it's going to be crowded.
    This will be an excellent time the first few days. We were there last year - and will go back this year - the same time. The week BEFORE the week Thanksgiving falls in. The only minus is they will take the liberty of doing something annoying -- for instance, last year the entire Castle entrance was blocked off for filming of "The View" for the whole 5 days.

We got in free on our first day there thanks to The View. I requested tickets to the show and they sent me free tickets to get into the park. That was a treat.

I was amazed to see no wait single riders for radiator springs yesterday (Friday) around 1pm. I would have gone on 10 times had I not been so tired from being there so early

I am going to be in the area this weekend (Aug 30-Sept 1) and was thinking of staying Saturday-Monday. How crowded does Labor Day weekend get?

Curiouser and curiouser...

DisneyEla, historically: very. But this summer's been a little all over the place with trends, so who knows. Maybe it won't be that bad.

• Ready for takeoff

I am going to Disneyland during HalloweenTime for the first time ever and I am delighted.

We will be there October 11-13. How will the crowds be?