• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Question Is it possible that Disney is building the new "Arkade Walkways" on Main Street?

With practically the whole left side of Main street closed, is it possible that they may be building the new Arcade Walkways that were mentioned a while back? I think its probably pretty unlikely, Also, I always figured that the right side would make a better area for that kind of project.

I know that they are expanding the Ice Cream Parlor into the Bakery, I think? but what are they doing with the stores further down the street?

EDIT: Oops, Meant "Arcade", sorry... :/
    Last edited by s8ntmark; 01-10-2012 at 08:17 PM.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Is it possible that Disney is building the new "Arkade Walkways" on Main Street?

I thought they were expanding an indoor seating area for the Carnation Cafe with the closed down Blue Ribbon Bakery? That's what a CM told me on Sunday on the horse drawn train/trolley thingie. She also said they're just doing refurbishments on the other stores/food places.

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: Is it possible that Disney is building the new "Arkade Walkways" on Main Street?

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    With practically the whole left side of Main street closed, is it possible that they may be building the new Arcade Walkways that were mentioned a while back? I think its probably pretty unlikely, Also, I always figured that the right side would make a better area for that kind of project.

I know that they are expanding the Ice Cream Parlor into the Bakery, I think? but what are they doing with the stores further down the street?

Short answer: No.

Longer Answer: Carnation Cafe IS expanding, as has been noted elsewhere. Gibson Girls will get some work, probably to deal with queue issues and some added capacity but nothing as major as Carnation Cafe (which is taking over the old Blue Ribbon Bakery). Candy Palace is expanding. The store is getting 'deeper' (the back wall is being moved back a few feet) and the center area will be opened up some sort, and it should take over the bench seating area from Refreshment Corner. Refreshment Corner itself is not expected to be altered significantly and should be back up in about 2 months or so.
    Last edited by Wally; 01-10-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: clarifications, typo, and innaccurate info fixes
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post

No arcade on the Adventureland side of Main Street. There's no room. There is a service road behind the shops and backing up to that is the Jungle Cruise. Used to be you could hear the skippers shoot the hippos (do they still do that?) while in Town Square. I've often wondered if they did that while Walt and Lillian were in residence in their apartment above the Fire Station. Would've made for a rather nerve-racking visit to the park, punctuated every five minutes with gunfire.

No, the arcade (if there was ever to be one) was to have been constructed on the Tomorrowland side of Main Street where there is slightly more room for that sort fo thing.

Although I am slightly concerned about the restaurant expansion and the closure of the Penny Arcade. I do hope its closure doesn't mean anything ominous as I really liked those old machines.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Yeah, when I was there in December, I noticed the back part of the Gibson Girl and Penny Arcade where blocked off ("under wraps").
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz