Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Mad T Party at Disney California Adventure park, coming summer 2012!

It's official.
    Fall Into the Rabbit Hole at Mad T Party – Coming to Disney California Adventure Park « Disney Parks Blog

ElecTRONica is still powering up the nights at Disney California Adventure park into the spring, and soon guests will be able to experience an all-new nighttime family celebration when Mad T Party starts to stir up fun in summer 2012!
    This psychedelic soiree will be filled with surprises and new takes on some familiar characters from the world of Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland.” Join us for a party like no other as you fall into the rabbit hole and land in a wild and whimsical world where up is down, this is that and nothing is what it seems. A live band, unique entertainment, fun-filled games and plenty of dancing all await guests seeking an escape into a bright and vivid alternate reality.
    Throughout the Mad T Party, we will “tip our hats” to the world of Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland” with wild and fabulous imagery and imagination. Familiar faces will be re-imagined in fresh, new ways, all combining to immerse guests in a captivating world that’s filled with exclusive signature foods, beverages and merchandise offerings.
    So get ready to step through the rabbit hole and into Mad T Party at Disney California Adventure park, coming summer 2012!

Last edited by swampymarsh; 01-11-2012 at 10:38 AM.

• Banned User

Re: Mad T Party at Disney California Adventure park, coming summer 2012!

A live band?

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    A live band?
    Thats exactly what I was thinking. The dance music that GlowFest and elecTRONica have is great and I think draws more of a crowd compared to a live band.

But hey you never know what else they might offer when it comes to the music.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie140 View Post
    Thats exactly what I was thinking. The dance music that GlowFest and elecTRONica have is great and I think draws more of a crowd compared to a live band.

But hey you never know what else they might offer when it comes to the music.

The appeal of Glow Fest and elecTRONica (for me) was the fact Disney was brave enough to include popular music, DJs, etc. If I wanted to stand around and listen to a band play boring covers, I'd go to Tomorrowland. I just hope it's comparable to what's been successful so far!

• -

I'm just not too excited about this. Maybe it's because I was only able to sit through half of the Burton version of the story.

Then again, I think I would have a problem if they used the classic Disney version of the film because they would be using the adventures of a child for the central theme of their alcohol fueled street party.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

The appeal of Glow Fest and elecTRONica (for me) was the fact Disney was brave enough to include popular music, DJs, etc. If I wanted to stand around and listen to a band play boring covers, I'd go to Tomorrowland. I just hope it's comparable to what's been successful so far!

Exactly. I thought it was a bold move to help cater to an older crowd, one which succeeded at. I don't care for a live band whatsoever.

• Banned User

A live band?

I thought the same thing.

Now the whole thing's just kinda deflated for me.

• Sock Puppet

I am so excited! I highly doubt a liveband.... I at least hope not...But I love the color scheme!! SObright! LOVE IT!! ♥

This looks WAAAAAAY better thenGlowfest! I already know this theme is going to rock harder then aBackstreet Boys concert!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    I already know this theme is going to rock harder then aBackstreet Boys concert!
    Most things do.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Most things do.
    Ok ok so that wasn't a good example.. maybe i should of said rock harder then a KISS concert?

anyways you get the point!

• -

Ok ok so that wasn't a good example.. maybe i should of said rock harder then a KISS concert?
    It depends, was that before or after they took off their make-up?

anyways you get the point!
    I know, just giving you a hard time.

The thing saving this for me for now is the fact that they've had time to think about this plenty, hopefully putting more thought on how to hide the rigging that is part of making it all happen. I doubt it'll all be hid, but maybe they've gotten more clever on how to hide the lighting a bit better without the need for all that stuff randomly down Hollywood Blvd.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

I like live bands....as long as they're good...

• Banned User

I think no matter how good they are, a live band will not bring the same level of energy that Glowfest and ElecTRONica had/have. Thus not pulling in the crowds that they currently get with the dj's.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I'm just not too excited about this. Maybe it's because I was only able to sit through half of the Burton version of the story.
    Just to be funny...

How much of Tron:Legacy were you able to sit through?

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast