Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Minnie's Fly Girls--Someting NEW coming to DCA! (Merged)

As posted in Disney Blog...

Beginning February 17, guests at Disney California Adventure park can take flight with Minnie Mouse in a tune-filled “travelogue” of song, dance and interactive moments in Condor Flats, beneath the control tower across from Soarin’ Over California. “Minnie’s Fly Girls Charter Airline” features the charter airline owner herself and her four-member crew singing and swinging to songs from the ‘40s, ‘50s and ‘60s. Guests will also have the opportunity to participate in the show and meet Minnie Mouse. So take wing with “Minnie’s Fly Girls Charter Airline,” beginning February 17!
    new show at DCA

• -

re: Minnie's Fly Girls--Someting NEW coming to DCA! (Merged)

Thanks for sharing. That sounds like it will be a cool little show. I just wonder if it will cause some kind of a bottleneck being so close to the temporary entrance.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sock Puppet

the thing is.. it's already soo busy in that area..like why there??

Beginning February 17, guests at Disney California Adventure park can take flight with Minnie Mouse in a tune-filled “travelogue” of song, dance and interactive moments in Condor Flats, beneath the control tower across from Soarin’ Over California.

• Banned User

While it sounds cute I really wish they would stop with the "small" 5 minute character sing and dance stops. I would rather see DCA put together another full length parade like the Pixar Play Parade with some quality instead of the small stop offerings they have been doing lately. (Minnie's Fly Girls, Phineas and Ferb, High School Musical, Disney Channel Rocks, etc.)

The only thing I'm looking forward to that is already this type of "entertainment" is the Newsies/Red Car Trolley performance.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    the thing is.. it's already soo busy in that area..like why there??
    The show is actually in-theme with the area, but they should have waited until the main entrance was finished first.

Quote Originally Posted by bellerose75 View Post
    While it sounds cute I really wish they would stop with the "small" 5 minute character sing and dance stops. I would rather see DCA put together another full length parade like the Pixar Play Parade with some quality instead of the small stop offerings they have been doing lately. (Minnie's Fly Girls, Phineas and Ferb, High School Musical, Disney Channel Rocks, etc.)

The only thing I'm looking forward to that is already this type of "entertainment" is the Newsies/Red Car Trolley performance.
    I think the small spot performances make sense now with all the construction going on. It really isn’t feasible right now to have a full-fledged parade. Now, if these continue after all the walls come down and everything is finished, I will be more upset. At that point, there is no excuse for not putting together something better.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

The nice thing about these smaller shows is that they are part Streetmospher and can allow for a more one-on-one experience with the guests that a big show or parade can't provided. Throw in some great music and a popular beloved character and you get a nice experience for the audience.

The performers will supposedly allso be the "Friendly Sisters" who will perform on BVS when it opens as well.

• Sock Puppet

calsig--it is in theme, and they should of waited!! there is like no room right now as it is!! it's soo bottlenecky!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    The nice thing about these smaller shows is that they are part Streetmospher and can allow for a more one-on-one experience with the guests that a big show or parade can't provided. Throw in some great music and a popular beloved character and you get a nice experience for the audience.

The performers will supposedly allso be the "Friendly Sisters" who will perform on BVS when it opens as well.
    The thing is most of these types of shows dont appeal to parents and adults without children or tweens. I don't like Phineas and Ferb and we hated the High School Musical one they had a while back. We'll see how this Minnie Fly Girl's is but I hope its not too cutesy-kiddie. I love Jedi Training and even Fantasy Faire even though they're marketed towards young children but even then the quality of the stuff DL does is way above DCA.

Do DCA and DL have different entertainment departments or do they have the same one? It just always seems DCA is always mediocore compared to DL's entertainment offerings (with the exception of ElecTRONica and Pixas Play Parade).

I hope some of the Fireside girls become Fly girls.

• Sock Puppet

^ only you mojave

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 02:00 PM ----------

The thing is most of these types of shows dont appeal to parents and adults without children or tweens. I don't like Phineas and Ferb and we hated the High School Musical one they had a while back. We'll see how this Minnie Fly Girl's is but I hope its not too cutesy-kiddie. I love Jedi Training and even Fantasy Faire even though they're marketed towards young children but even then the quality of the stuff DL does is way above DCA.

Do DCA and DL have different entertainment departments or do they have the same one? It just always seems DCA is always mediocore compared to DL's entertainment offerings (with the exception of ElecTRONica and Pixas Play Parade).
    well they only have sooo much room right now, and have always had only soo much room to work with and dance in...

Good idea........bad timing.

• Minion

I for one love the Streetmosphere. Parades have always felt distant and not very interactive (though there are occasions when performers do come in close and chat) so to get something more interactive and personal is great.

I'm really looking forward to this little show and I can't wait to see their set list.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

This sounds wonderful. Glad to finally see it "officially" announced on blog. Fun music and a show that is uniquely DCA. It will help strengthen the theme of the land. Should be great! And no fear on the Pixar Play Parade, that's coming back this summer. It's impossible to have the parade right now and has been since they put it on hiatus. Between construction backstage and onstage and the riggings down Hollywood Blvd, the PPP has not been feasible to perform so instead they've had those small Pixar Pop Up shows in HPB. When the parade comes back this summer, the route is going from the gate between the Tower of Terror and Hyperion to Hollywood Blvd, down Hollywood Blvd, past the Carthay then up the old Performance Corridor all the way to the old parade gate in Paradise Pier near SSS next to Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta.

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

New DCA show: Minnie's Fly Girls Charter Airlines

‘Minnie’s Fly Girls Charter Airline’ to Take Off at Disney California Adventure Park on February 17 Disney Parks Blog

I don't know whether to be happy that they're finally doing something with Condor Flats or terrified that we are going to have yet another corny musical.

Discuss.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: New DCA show: Minnie's Fly Girls Charter Airlines

Thanks for sharing! A thread was posted earlier on it. http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oming-dca.html

I for one am quite excited for it and don't think it sounds corny at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast