• Mischievous Mouse

Planning a trip for 3wk Sept.2012 will HM be preparing for Halloween?

Looking at the 2011 September calendar, HM was closed from Aug.29th - Sept. 15th for Halloween overlay.

So it seem probable. Plus I don't see any refurb schedule running out past June 2012 at present. Any rumors for September?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Planning a trip for 3wk Sept.2012 will HM be preparing for Halloween?

I'm going to take a wild stab at it and guess
    that Disney will prob. want Halloween to start by the weekend of Sept 21 (Friday) (opening the weekend of the 28th would be late for them)
    So giving them 3 weeks to put it up
    I'd say HM would go down around Sept 2
    Once again,
    Just my guess in the dark.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Mischievous Mouse

They may also want to start set up 27th or Sept. 3rd and have done by the time we get there. Disney imagineer planning, did you get that?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Previous posts are probably right, but I think they should start with the update Nov 1st and have it up Nov 21st. I am really tired of that overlay--as cool as it is the HM is way better. Keep it for Christmas, but not Halloween.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I'm going to take a wild stab at it and guess
    that Disney will prob. want Halloween to start by the weekend of Sept 21 (Friday).
    I'd guess that Friday the 21st would be the conservative estimate on when the Halloween Season will begin. Though I'd say it's very possible that it will start on Friday the 14th. HMH and SMGG reopen with the start of the season, though they have soft opened a day or two earlier.

Mickey's Halloween Party dates could be extended to start earlier this year, or could just start on Friday the 28th.

Official dates should be out in June when they let APHs known about the season, hopefully that is plenty of time for the OP to plan thier visit.

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I'd guess that Friday the 21st would be the conservative estimate on when the Halloween Season will begin. Though I'd say it's very possible that it will start on Friday the 14th. HMH and SMGG reopen with the start of the season, though they have soft opened a day or two earlier.

Mickey's Halloween Party dates could be extended to start earlier this year, or could just start on Friday the 28th.

Official dates should be out in June when they let APHs known about the season, hopefully that is plenty of time for the OP to plan thier visit.
    We'll go with or without HM open. The week of 17th. is already hardwired on the vaca calendar, but I'd prefer non-holiday HM rather than overlay THIS time 'round. What can I say? I loooooove the original HM way, way more!!

-Walt Disney