• The Pumpkin King

Question A question about this Disneyland 24 hour thing

So whats the deal here?

How long is it going to last?

Can only people who win the vacation package can go?

Thank you.

• Halloween 2011

Re: A question about this Disneyland 24 hour thing

Most of your questions can be answered at the mega thread:
    NYE Announcement: 24 hour Leap Day Party Confirmed! (Merged Discussion)

Disney will keep the WDW Magic Kingdom and Disneyland, CA open from 6am Feb 29th to 6am March 1st.
    It will last just the 24 hours.
    No special admission or separate ticket required. Contest winners do not have to attend that day, since the contest continues through Feb 29th and the prize cannot be used before June 1, 2012.

• The Pumpkin King

Hmm, ok.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Disneyland park is open 24 hrs.
    Opens Feb 29 at 6 am
    Closes 24 hours later on March 1st at 6 a.m.

Only Disneyland (CA) and Magic Kingdom (FL) will be open 24 hrs.
    DCA, Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studio's will not be open 24 hrs.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• The Pumpkin King

Thank you

• Disney friends are #1

I took a friend to Disneyland last weekend with a full priced one-day Park Hopper ticket. At the end of the day, I upgraded the ticket ($105) to a Southern California Resident 2-day Park Hopper for only $9 more. I will be bringing my friend back (It was his first DL trip ever!) with me when I do the 24 hour marathon on Feb 29th. Oddly enough, those discounted So. Cal. promotional tickets (which have some blockout dates) are not blocked out on 2/29-3/1. My friend will be doing 24 hours of Disneyland/DCA for only $9.00! Not bad.

We MiceChatters have got to have some sort of meet-up during this special event. There will be tons of us there...even though the 29th./1st. is in the middle of the week. I've already told my employer that I will not be at work on those 2 days. He told me that he had heard of the special event on T.V. and knew I was going to be, uh, unavailable. He told me to have a good time and that I was to return to work on the 2nd. with stories of how it went. Looking forward to making some great memories that day/night/day.

Good to see you again White Bones!
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    I took a friend to Disneyland last weekend with a full priced one-day Park Hopper ticket. At the end of the day, I upgraded the ticket ($105) to a Southern California Resident 2-day Park Hopper for only $9 more. I will be bringing my friend back (It was his first DL trip ever!) with me when I do the 24 hour marathon on Feb 29th. Oddly enough, those discounted So. Cal. promotional tickets (which have some blockout dates) are not blocked out on 2/29-3/1. My friend will be doing 24 hours of Disneyland/DCA for only $9.00! Not bad.

We MiceChatters have got to have some sort of meet-up during this special event. There will be tons of us there...even though the 29th./1st. is in the middle of the week. I've already told my employer that I will not be at work on those 2 days. He told me that he had heard of the special event on T.V. and knew I was going to be, uh, unavailable. He told me to have a good time and that I was to return to work on the 2nd. with stories of how it went. Looking forward to making some great memories that day/night/day.

Good to see you again White Bones!
    Awesome, glad your boss was cool about it!

• The Pumpkin King

Thats awesome to hear Crazee4mm! Also glad to see you too!

Yeah I have already told my mom about it. Hopefully we will have the money to go and she will probably have the days off. She wants to go aswell. I'm trying to figure out the best hotel outside the park to go to.

• Disney friends are #1

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Thats awesome to hear Crazee4mm! Also glad to see you too!

Yeah I have already told my mom about it. Hopefully we will have the money to go and she will probably have the days off. She wants to go aswell. I'm trying to figure out the best hotel outside the park to go to.
    ((Off Topic)) I usually just drive to/from the park. However, from Dec 1-9th. I stayed at the Comfort Inn on Harbor just across the freeway overpass. It was affordable, clean, and had a great free breakfast (all you could eat). We did 4 days of DL, 1 day of Magic Mountain, 1 day of Knott's, 1 day of Sea World, and 1 day of Universal. When he comes down again in October (he lives in Montreal), we will be staying there again. We had Room #231 and it was perfect. 2 queen sized beds in a huge room for about $69 a night. Hope to see you during the "marathon"!

I will be at DL on Sunday with a fellow MiceChatter (that's how we met) who has since become a very beloved friend. Doing Knott's for a couple of hours beforehand though. He's never been on GhostRider. That's about to change!
    Last edited by Crazee4mm; 01-13-2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: clarity
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    ((Off Topic)) I usually just drive to/from the park. However, from Dec 1-9th. I stayed at the Comfort Inn on Harbor just across the freeway overpass. It was affordable, clean, and had a great free breakfast (all you could eat). We did 4 days of DL, 1 day of Magic Mountain, 1 day of Knott's, 1 day of Sea World, and 1 day of Universal. When he comes down again in October (he lives in Montreal), we will be staying there again. We had Room #231 and it was perfect. 2 queen sized beds in a huge room for about $69 a night. Hope to see you during the "marathon"!

I will be at DL on Sunday with a fellow MiceChatter (that's how we met) who has since become a very beloved friend. Doing Knott's for a couple of hours beforehand though. He's never been on GhostRider. That's about to change!
    Sounds like a whole lot of fun!