Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

What will Disneyland do with the old bobsleds?

Do you think they will sell them? I would definately been interested in buying one. If not, what do you suppose they will do with them?

Re: What will Disneyland do with the old bobsleds?

they should really open up a disney archives museum and take items like these and put them on display. its another way to increase revenue ....

Quote Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
    they should really open up a disney archives museum and take items like these and put them on display. its another way to increase revenue ....
    I've thought the same thing. Maybe a walk through type of thing, located inside a big warehouse (themed of course) or sound stage, with dioramas and plaques showing the history of the particular ride vehicle, attraction prop etc.

I would definitely pay to stroll through such a place, and with todays fan interest in vintage Disney(land) artifacts and history, it would probably do pretty well if they did it right.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I'm guessing the Disney museum might ask for one.
    I believe in the past they've done e-bay or special events to sell items.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Nerd

I've seen a Skyway ride vehicle sitting upstairs in the hallway at the TDA - They have a few things including an older Autopia car and I think Dumbo hanging from the ceiling at the TDA Cafeteria (Eat Ticket) but how cool would it be to own one of the old bobsleds. Seems like they use stuff like that to adorn their own backstage world which is kind of cool.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Simple: scrap them. Sure one or two might survive and be auctioned off but the rest are gonna be cut up and trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist1234 View Post
    Simple: scrap them. Sure one or two might survive and be auctioned off but the rest are gonna be cut up and trashed.
    Probably the sad reality of it.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    Probably the sad reality of it.
    I fail to see how cars being scrapped is sad, it's not like the Matterhorn is getting replaced by a Phineas and Ferb ride or some other BS.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I've seen a lot of stuff on eBay over the years. They even sold one of the keel boats on eBay. I know people who have or do own ride vehicles. In fact, at the D23 Expo we had ride vehicles in our booth, and in the booth next to us they were selling some different ones. They also auctioned off a ride vehicle there.

I'd love to see some of the bobsled on eBay. Not that I could afford to own them, but it would still be cool.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Hooterville, USA

Where exactly do they auction off the red head?

I'd like to make an offer!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I fail to see how cars being scrapped is sad, it's not like the Matterhorn is getting replaced by a Phineas and Ferb ride or some other BS.
    I totally agree with the Phineas and Ferb thing, Yikes!

My thought is that history has shown that Disney artifacts, especially ride vehicles and attraction props, artwork, etc. always have some kind of value somewhere. Be it cash, historical, or educational.

Disneyland has been a prime example of things being discarded or destroyed in the name of progress (which I'm not against btw) only to later be lamented by fans, historians, and Disney itself. Tony Baxter has talked a lot about that very fact.

If you happened to read that story, and the related links recently about the original Snow White dark ride mural, it's just a shame that such a fantastic piece of art is gone forever.
    For all we know, Mary Blair's beautiful tile murals in Tomorrowland have suffered the same fate, along with countless other amazing pieces of art and arcitecture from a truly original, groundbreaking, and iconic piece of American history.

It just seems that the Disney co. is well aware of it's rich and storied past, and the public interest it generates, and will continue to generate.
    It would just be nice if they would learn from hindsight, and not let some of they're greatest treasures be turned to rubble and landfill in the name of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    I totally agree with the Phineas and Ferb thing, Yikes!

My thought is that history has shown that Disney artifacts, especially ride vehicles and attraction props, artwork, etc. always have some kind of value somewhere. Be it cash, historical, or educational.

Disneyland has been a prime example of things being discarded or destroyed in the name of progress (which I'm not against btw) only to later be lamented by fans, historians, and Disney itself. Tony Baxter has talked a lot about that very fact.

If you happened to read that story, and the related links recently about the original Snow White dark ride mural, it's just a shame that such a fantastic piece of art is gone forever.
    For all we know, Mary Blair's beautiful tile murals in Tomorrowland have suffered the same fate, along with countless other amazing pieces of art and arcitecture from a truly original, groundbreaking, and iconic piece of American history.

It just seems that the Disney co. is well aware of it's rich and storied past, and the public interest it generates, and will continue to generate.
    It would just be nice if they would learn from hindsight, and not let some of they're greatest treasures be turned to rubble and landfill in the name of progress.
    This is true however these aren't the original bobsleds so nothing of value was really lost.

• Nerd

I kinda doubt it. They have a new auction site online for CM's only where they have been selling some stuff like this. Old signage, the red london phone booth from over by the Disneyland Hotel.
    if anything could have been scrapped it would have been that phone booth - its not really that unique but it sold - I think if there is money to be made, then stuff will be sold. They are smart enough to know what they have.

Name:  6702690703_d5dd6317e0.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  152.6 KB
    Last edited by CMHusband; 01-15-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

•   
    • Minion

I would think they sell them and keep some. every once in a while you will see a ride vehicle for sale on EBAY. the two more recent ones I can recall is a POTC boat for 15k and a WDW Mr. Toad ride vehicle for 8k. For fun I will go on ebay and type disney thne sort from highest price and go down the list lol

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    For fun I will go on ebay and type disney thne sort from highest price and go down the list lol
    Like this?

Old Yeller (Vault Disney Collection), New DVD, Dorothy (786936143843) | eBay

Hahahahaha!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast