Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The Pumpkin King

Question Is it just me, or does California Screamin malfunction/break down/stop a lot?

I'm not bashing the ride at all, I love the california screamin, much fun!

Now I'm no expert on rides and mechanical things and whatnot, actually far from it.

But California Screamin seems like it brakes down more than its supposed to. (Haha yeah, like who am I to be saying "more than supposed to")

Now I know all ride are going to malfunction sometimes, some more or less than others. But the times I have been to DCA, the ride would be down a lot, and one day it was down from like 12PM all the way through closing.

Then there was that accident that happend a few years back.

Now you got some people who drop stuff on the tack and whatnot.

Theres even a few videos on youtube of the ride braking down and what have you.

I know I sound ignorant on this, so someone who is knowledgable about the ride system and how it works and so forth, sould you please explaine to me why it goes down a lot?

Thank You

Re: Is it just me, or does California Screamin malfunction/brake down/stop a lot?

i guess im lucky, ive never been in the park when it has been down.

• Former CM

Re: Is it just me, or does California Screamin malfunction/brake down/stop a lot?

Every major E Ticket is going to go down every once in a while and if we're talking about going down a lot that honor goes to Indy over any other ride at the DLR.

I have only ever seen Screamin' down a handful of times, never anywhere near as much as Indy which is almost guaranteed to go down at least 3 times a day.

What really gets me about Screamin' is that so many of the trains do not play the soundtrack anymore. It really irks me as the attraction is so much better when you get a train with the music playing. I miss the days when every train would play it!

I've never seen Screamin' down that often.It does really well especially considering how many trains it runs and it's quick dispatch time (compared to rollercoasters at Six Flags or other places)

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

The Disneyland Resort's attractions seem to break down more because the attractions at the resort are open longer and serve more people than any other park in the world. 10-16 hour days 365 days a year will definitly put some wear on the tires.

• The Pumpkin King

Hm, okay, then I guess its just me :P

• Indiana Scott

I don't think it's just you. It stops for extended periods of time far more frequently now than it did a couple of years ago. At least that's my perception..

• The Pumpkin King

Re: Is it just me, or does California Screamin malfunction/break down/stop a lot?

Glad to see that someone else has noticed too

Re: Is it just me, or does California Screamin malfunction/break down/stop a lot?

My only issue is that the Purple car always seems to not have the music working.
    Riding Screamin' without music... just not the same experience.

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak15 View Post
    never anywhere near as much as Indy which is almost guaranteed to go down at least 3 times a day.

What really gets me about Screamin' is that so many of the trains do not play the soundtrack anymore. It really irks me as the attraction is so much better when you get a train with the music playing. I miss the days when every train would play it!
    THIS! I would also like to throw Space Mountain's name into the ring.

•   
    • Minion

I have never seen it down but with all of the time i spend at the resort the back area of PP is where I spend the least amount of time.

• A Weather Eye Open

Yeah, I would say the audio problems with the train are pretty bad. With Indy, they will let you re-ride if your audio malfunctions. I don't know about Space, but I have never heard it malfunction so I bet it's the same. But I've asked for a re-ride several times on Screamin' when the music didn't play, and they said no. I think it is a very common problem that they don't know how to fix. I'm not sure if the audio or speakers are malfunctioning and sounding so awful that they have to turn them off, or if it simply won't play on it's own, or what. But it drives me crazy.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• President of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Hm, okay, then I guess its just me :P
    Nah, I've notice that too. I just wish it'd break down with me on it; I think an evac would be fun!

• Minion

Screamin is my favorite ride at Magic Mountain.

• Sock Puppet

never ever breaks down on me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast