Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Out of Disneyland Resort, Which Ride's Loading Station Is Your Favorite(s) And Wh

I love Big Thunder Mountain!

Maybe it's just because its my favorite ride, but every time I get right up to the gates I just get sooooo excited.

Tower of Terror is a close second though. Love the entire experience of that ride
    Feel free to add me or message me here on Mice Chat!

"So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned.
    Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land."

• The Pumpkin King

Re: Out of Disneyland Resort, Which Ride's Loading Station Is Your Favorite(s) And Wh

Sounds like a lot ofpeople like ToT's

• -

Currently, I would have to say Space Mountain and Indy. Space Mountain because the load area makes you feel like you are at a spaceport about to launch on a space flight. For Indy, it feels like you are in the middle of an ancient temple before you climb aboard your jeep for an adventure.

If we are talking past attractions, I would have to go with the Rocket Jets. Getting in the elevator as a kid, I always felt like I was a real astronaut riding up the gantry to my rocket ship. Of course, seeing people in front of me "shrink" down to size in the Mighty Microscope is a close second.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Currently, I would have to say Space Mountain and Indy. Space Mountain because the load area makes you feel like you are at a spaceport about to launch on a space flight. For Indy, it feels like you are in the middle of an ancient temple before you climb aboard your jeep for an adventure.

If we are talking past attractions, I would have to go with the Rocket Jets. Getting in the elevator as a kid, I always felt like I was a real astronaut riding up the gantry to my rocket ship. Of course, seeing people in front of me "shrink" down to size in the Mighty Microscope is a close second.

I agree 100%

And yeah we are talking about currently, but people may add in a past attraction if they liked oone of the atractions loading station better than any ride now.

• A Weather Eye Open

My favorite thing in a loading area is the sunlight and moonlight coming in through the high temple ceiling in the Indy loading station! I think it's really funny that you guys like the beeping sounds even. And I don't know what that smell is in Indy, but I'm pretty sure it's not gas and it's not coming from the cars.

One thing I like about the Big Thunder Mountain station is the banjo music! Though it's kinda funny because at least some songs are not from the right era... Big Rock Candy Mountain is Depression Era, not Gold Rush. But I love it because it's one of many instrumentals heard in the park where if you sang the lyrics, you'd realize it isn't Disney-appropriate haha (the other one I love is Kansas City), so I always sing along with it.

But I say in terms of creating a really transformative atmosphere REALLY quickly, the best station is POTC!

I am anticipating being REALLY impressed by the station for Radiator Springs Racers...
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Minion

I love the "carpet" conveyor belt in the Haunted Mansion load area! I wish they'd get one at WDW; their load area looks kind of gritty and industrial.

Also, I love the dock at the Jungle Cruise. It makes you feel like you're going on a real-life boat trip.

• Loves Disney

I would have to go with Big Thunder for my favorite loading area

• 2 shots on the rocks.

The Maliboomer would fit perfectly in the very center of the hub, now all we got to do is retheme it. Move over Walt.

My absolute favorite loading area was the People Mover.

As the moving sidewalks slowly pulled you up higher and higher into the prominent space-aged structure and you stepped onto the circular walkway to board your vehicle, it felt like you were entering the future.

• My Children's Father

Tomorrowland Monorail Station. Great views of the Park, chlorine and propane fumes, anticipation of seeing your monorail coming,
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Minion

I like the Mark Twain loading dock. It feels quite authenic. I know it's a few minutes ride but I always feel like it's a two day journey. That's good theme making.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by vnormth View Post
    My absolute favorite loading area was the People Mover.

As the moving sidewalks slowly pulled you up higher and higher into the prominent space-aged structure and you stepped onto the circular walkway to board your vehicle, it felt like you were entering the future.
    I agree completely. Not only do I terribly miss the ride, but I miss the look and design of the ramps leading up to the loading, with the shade and the plants intersperced. The first sign I had that Rocket Rods was going to be bad news is when they changed that loading.

Ok, I am going to get cremated for this.

I like the wide open loading stations that are just sorta hidden in plain sight, but allow views on the whole theme park environment. They're just more scenic and full of layers of activity. On one layer you're watching the theme park hum like a machine, guests flowing in and out of rides, other ride vehicles stopping and going. On another layer you're watching your own ride go, and focusing on the immediate theming and how it blends in with the rest of the park.

The Tomorrowland monorail and the submarine ride are good examples of this.

But the absolute best...the Casey Jr. train. I'm not even sure there's a sign for this ride. Smack dab in the middle of Fantasyland. Hidden among a garden but slightly elevated, so as you load, there's a colorful garden and river on one side, and the whole Fantasyland spread out below on the other side. Simple, elegant and beautiful.

*ducks for cover*

• Done with MC.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    Tomorrowland Monorail Station. Great views of the Park, chlorine and propane fumes, anticipation of seeing your monorail coming,

Propane? The subs and monorail are electric, it must have been the guy in front of you

The Jungle Cruise all the way!

It makes me feel like I'm preparing for an exploration, with all the provision boxes and the chessboard. It's just so amazing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast