Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Question How did the CBJ stage work?

    I always wanted to know how the bears switched spots throughout the show.

    Also where the bear that has the camera, that part of the stage in the front, how did that work? They would be below, then rise up. I always wondered what else was down there. The whole stage and backstage of how it all works intrests me.

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,029

    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    I always figured that those four mini-stages (two on each side of the main stage, and each revelaing one bear at a time) had a "turntable" arrangement so that two bears could "flip" back and forth. But the other areas must have been more complicated. It sure would be interesting to see a diagram of how it all worked!

  3. #3

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    I always figured that those four mini-stages (two on each side of the main stage, and each revelaing one bear at a time) had a "turntable" arrangement so that two bears could "flip" back and forth. But the other areas must have been more complicated. It sure would be interesting to see a diagram of how it all worked!

    Huh. Never thought of it that way.

    And yes it would!

  4. #4

    • Honorary Jungle Skipper
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    988

    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    I think when the curtains closed one bear would just walk off stage and the other would lumber into place.

  5. #5

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    Lol.

  6. #6

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,382

    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    Spoiler alert: There were more than one of the same bear.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    158

    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    Clockworkmonkey is the ONLY one who has it correct. Simple!

  8. #8

    • ...my first visit to DL
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Posts
    388

    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    The area below the stage floor in front of the bear-band housed Bunny, Bubbles and Beulah and Homer and his piano. And don't forget Trixie who came down from the ceiling on a swing.

    Miss that show...

  9. #9

    • Dont make me unfriend you
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1,142

    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Spoiler alert: There were more than one of the same bear.
    awww...man..... Spoiled it...

  10. #10

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,861

    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Spoiler alert: There were more than one of the same bear.
    Come on, really? It would have been a lot easier to simply have the bears walk on and off stage than to clone them.

  11. #11

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,382

    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Come on, really? It would have been a lot easier to simply have the bears walk on and off stage than to clone them.
    Bears are not very easy to train. And, if they see that yummy fat kid in the front row after being starved in order to do the show right, well, can you say "lawsuit"?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  12. #12

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    Lol, hahahahahaha!

  13. #13

    • Still lost in Neverland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Posts
    4,075

    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    Here is one interesting fact. Because the bears were hydraulically operated, the turntable bears had to keep the hydraulic pressure up when a bear was not "On Stage". The movements would continue even though the bears were facing backstage, would react to what was being said and done "On Stage". ie: Trixie would swoon every time Henry was speaking or singing.

    A very complex elevator raised and lowered the main front stage area and of course the band moved back and forth on a track.

    I knew a lead back then and he would let us in back stage during the show and I have video, from the audience area, with no one in the theater but me and my video camera. The bears are very scary, very spooky place when you are in there with them, all alone. I videoed the Vacation Hoedown and The Christmas show that way.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

    Thank You Poisonedapples

  14. #14

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Here is one interesting fact. Because the bears were hydraulically operated, the turntable bears had to keep the hydraulic pressure up when a bear was not "On Stage". The movements would continue even though the bears were facing backstage, would react to what was being said and done "On Stage". ie: Trixie would swoon every time Henry was speaking or singing.

    A very complex elevator raised and lowered the main front stage area and of course the band moved back and forth on a track.

    I knew a lead back then and he would let us in back stage during the show and I have video, from the audience area, with no one in the theater but me and my video camera. The bears are very scary, very spooky place when you are in there with them, all alone. I videoed the Vacation Hoedown and The Christmas show that way.
    That would be pretty creepy to see that if you were backstage.

    As for the rest, thats intresting.

    Yeah I bet it was creepy being in there all by yourself.

  15. #15

    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    very cool
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] How did the Fantasmic! premiere compare to the WOC premiere?
    By fantasnick in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 03:38 PM
  2. [Question] How did the Birthday Fastpasses work?
    By whillywhack in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 12:28 PM
  3. How did the Dream Job JC Skips do?
    By techskip in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 09:36 PM
  4. How did the studios rate last year? - Los Angeles Times 1/16/07
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 09:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •