Idea: ElecTRONica takes over Innoventions

In another thread, someone brought up the idea of ElecTRONica going to Tomorrowland and I think it's a great idea! I'd love to hear ideas on how it could be done and the cool things it could be.

Why not put a light cycle track (decorative) along the bottom of the peoplemover track to lure people in?
    Inside:
    Flynn's Arcade isn't a big stretch from what Innoventions was last time I was in there. Except the arcade was dull inside Innoventions. Amp up the cool factor a bit. There could also be a "gaming lounge", booth seating around the side walls of the arcade with "gaming stations" these can be rented out for an certain amount of time for groups to game together, each booth would include a big TV and a couple game consoles, it comes with a few games and then you can "rent" more. It's a good way to make some money from the non-drinking crowd. You can even have "waitresses" in TRON outfits that will bring drinks to the tables.

Add in a "club atmosphere" off from the arcade. This would be like any modern club you might find somewhere like Vegas, except more future themed and it would be a nightclub only for all ages. The bar would be in there, add a few drinks for kids and adults, throw some LED things in the glass. Certain areas could have nice seating. Private VIP type areas that overlook the dancfloor, ect. These areas could be reserved ahead of time or when available. Add in some live performers here and there, like the hula hoop girls ect.

What do you think? What would you add?

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Idea: ElecTRONica takes over Innoventions

I'd rather something else take over the show building.
    To me, it's a shame, to put something like that in a that building.
    It deserves a real, original attraction.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Minion

I think it would be a better use of the space than Innoventions, frankly. However, since ElecTRONica is an evening event, they'd have to figure out what to do with the space during the day...either have a daytime attraction, figure out how to convert it over from Innoventions every night or something.

Also, with Flynn's Arcade: they already have games right by Star Trader, and two arcades in a small space would be overkill--so one of the two would have to go. They could always leave the Flynn's part out of ElecTRONica or turn Starcade into Flynn's.

The other possible complication is that with the moratorium on alcohol at DLR (and I am NOT attempting to start that debate again, I'm just stating the fact), they'd need to modify the drinks if they transferred it over to Tomorrowland.

You know, a smaller version of ElecTRONica might work really well in Tomorrowland Terrace...

In all honesty, I'd like to see Electronica permanently go away. Don't get me wrong, it was fun...but it's time for something new.

I'd love to see a unique and original attraction replace Innoventions (something not based on a movie).

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    In all honesty, I'd like to see Electronica permanently go away. Don't get me wrong, it was fun...but it's time for something new.

I'd love to see a unique and original attraction replace Innoventions (something not based on a movie).
    Agreed, on both points.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Blew By You

Electonica was not my cup of tea. The Innoventions building ought to go too.

It's an interesting idea but I think the reason these dance/ parties work in DCA is because the park sells alcohol. I just do not see them becoming as popular with the crowds in Disneyland.

I rather they demolish innocent ions completely and start from scratch with a new building and attraction.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

The building itself is impressive. I really believe they can put something in there that utilizes the buildings unique features but is also in theme to the land's original concept (future).
    Now that I think about it, I guess they did modify the part of the building that goes around. Before the seating area use slope (stadium type of style).
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• -

If they are going to keep the carousel theatre, they need to make it back into a rotating show again, not a walk-through version of Best Buy.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    If they are going to keep the carousel theatre, they need to make it back into a rotating show again, not a walk-through version of Best Buy.
    Totally agree!
    I'm still not sure why they thought people would enjoy a "Best Buy" store in the park.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Hukuna Matata!

Does anyone know if the change machine inside Flynn's arcade converts quarters into tokens or just dollars? I Think there may ba a cover over the quarter slot. Can anyone verify this? Thanks