Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: I RODE MIKE AND SULLY TO THE RESCUE TODAY! Ride-Through Details!

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Thanks so very much for the info and how you saw it very good details and it sounds like a new positive revival of that area. I have to agree with you Mr Mainstreet.
    That area of DCA will finally get that much needed use. I'm excited for DCA!

Are they using any extra floor space of the Millionaire Building to add on to Monster's to accomodate this, or is it just the SSL pathways only?
    No. Monsters Inc. strictly uses the floorspace from SSL.

Look forward to seeing the attraction in operation. The fixings shouldn't take long, it's probably more of finishing up with construction and cleanup in the backlot area. Can't very well lead guests through a construction site.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mrmainstreet
    No. Monsters Inc. strictly uses the floorspace from SSL.

Look forward to seeing the attraction in operation. The fixings shouldn't take long, it's probably more of finishing up with construction and cleanup in the backlot area. Can't very well lead guests through a construction site.
    Thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing this in action. The Effect of Randall soumds great.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Wow...the ride sounds impressive...it's what DCA needs...I wonder if they'll open a Harry Hausens restaurant next to it (the empty food court that is); that would be awesome...I love sushi!!!
    "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Are they using any extra floor space of the Millionaire Building to add on to Monster's to accomodate this, or is it just the SSL pathways only?
    no extra floor space is utilized -- the attraction follows the same path (and utilizes the same powered bus bar) as the SSL.

Are we talking about the Matterhorn here? I think there'd be nothing more suprising in this ride than a door opening and then "AHHHROOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUGH"
    Obviously, I'm talking about the snowcone-carrying yeti from the movie.

AP2CM, I know that the cars do not travel any faster than the previous ride - but does it feel like you are traveling quicker due to the motion going on around you?
    Honestly, I never really felt any sense of speed to the attraction at all. Thankfully this is a good thing, as it extends the length of the ride and allows you to take in all the great sets as you pass through them!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    Obviously, I'm talking about the snowcone-carrying yeti from the movie.
    Oh. I barely remember the movie well enough to even say I saw it. Darnit, that would have been an amazing jump moment .

• See you there!

Sounds like fun! We need to have an MC "MIKE AND SULLY TO THE RESCUE" meet/ride after the first of the year!

BTW: When is it open to the public??

CU@DL

Andy

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Monsters Inc is a movie. The ride is based on the movie. It's in the Hollywood section of DCA. I don't get why it doesn't fit there?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I got to ride it yesterday too. During our trip, Roz *was* interactive, and she was earlier in the day too. For our car she commented on someone's glasses they were wearing, and earlier in the day she had told another fellow cast member how great she looked, then told her that she and Roz could really be twins. But I did hear of others getting the generic Roz speech as well. It makes sense that they can't have somebody there all the time.

I was very impressed by the attraction and can't wait to do it again... oh and by the way, the door that we got opened to the guy that always gets the sock stuck on him. I forget his name... and I didnt' notice any smell when we were in Harryhausen's, but it had great theming.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

hemo -- I got the same door as you did. Perhaps the rest of them aren't working yet? Both times I rode the attraction (the first time I was evac'd at the point where Randall is clutching Boo's door on the scare floor) Harry Hausens smelled VERY strongly of ginger...almost too strongly. My Roz was interactive too... she commented on one of the front-row passengers. I rode at about 1:30pm or so, and then again at 2ish. What time did you ride?
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

Rode it yesterday, must say I was Very Impressed. On par With ROger Rabbit in show Quality. The show quality was better then Fantasy land... Very few cardboard cuts outs. This blows pooh out of the water.
    However the group that I was with was not impressed.

Sounding like a great C ticket, but i cant wait for that new E ticket. Meet Up sounds good to me, pm me!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Disneyland Freak

I can't wait to ride!
    Last edited by dlfreak; 12-18-2005 at 08:46 PM.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Is Sullys fur real or "Carved" (ie Plastic)....and How does he look?

I was a little disappointed with Brer Fox in Splash Mountain because I thought the "real" fur made him look like a stuffed animal......I hope Sully looks better.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

All of you that rode it are all so lucky.

It's not exactly the same as Crush. I heard that the actual voice actress from the film pre-recorded tons of different sayings to comment on people in the cars.
    You're talking about the character of "Roz", right? that "actual voice actress from the film" who provided Roz's voice was Bob Peterson, a story man and sometime voice artist at Pixar. (He voiced Mr. Ray in "Nemo"). He is also an Academy Award nominee, since he shared story credit for "Nemo", which was up for best original screenplay. I think he is married and has kids. Oh, and he's male. Versatile, isn't he?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast