Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Does anyone know if disney Recycles metals copper and tin aluminem medel

i was wondering if disney if disneyRecyle mendel coper alumminm medel
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Re: does anyone if disney Recycle medel coper and tin alumimem medel

Not sure where they would get those metals but they recycle just about everything.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

I'm sure Disney recycles everything, it's good for the image you know...

It is. I'm not very big into environmentalism but when I worked for them.. It scared me how much they recycled. It's quite awesome.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    It is. I'm not very big into environmentalism but when I worked for them.. It scared me how much they recycled. It's quite awesome.
    When taking a tour at WDW (Disney Institute), they talked about the trash system (saw the the pipes under the park) and how they recycle everything.
    If WDW does it, you know Disneyland does it.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

^^Of course, this is California, we can't hug enough trees here! Up here in Marin County it's at an amazing level.

I'm all for it btw

• Insert Hilarious Title

Re: Does anyone know if disney Recycles metals copper and tin aluminem medel

On one of the Resort TV channels, we had seen a feature about how Disneyland recycles. Custodial takes the garbage from throughout the resort and sorts out, by hand, the recyclable materials backstage.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    When taking a tour at WDW (Disney Institute), they talked about the trash system (saw the the pipes under the park) and how they recycle everything.
    If WDW does it, you know Disneyland does it.

I just did that same tour on Monday! They recycle anything and everything that can be recycled. So if the metal is recyclable then it is recycled.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

I know the backstage recycling gets donated. Each year, Pluto comes to one of Canine Companions graduations and presents a check (usually about $50K) from Disney VoluntEars from the recycling.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...XvfM_GnykZaDcA
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Dont make me unfriend you

It's amazing how much cardboard they recycle. I remember being backstage and there was these shelves or ranks that seemed like at least two story high just filled with flattened boxes.

I remember one time a fellow CM asked our manager if he could take a few empty boxes home he needed for a move or something. The manager was all "you know you are costing Disney's recycling program if I let you take them." Yeah, the manager was kind of a jerk....

• -

Of course Disney recycles… hasn’t everyone seen the America Sings geese on Star Tours, or the rest of the animals on Splash Mountain?
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

The amount of money they generate daily from recycling plastic bottles would be staggering. They have to recycle, not just for envinromental reasons but also if they didn't that'd be throwing money away.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    The amount of money they generate daily from recycling plastic bottles would be staggering. They have to recycle, not just for envinromental reasons but also if they didn't that'd be throwing money away.
    enpisheley copper that pays the moast
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Not sure where they would get those metals but they recycle just about everything.
    To say that's true is an understatement. The Disneyland Resort sets an amazing example at recycling. The backstage areas have numerous recycling bins for cans, bottles, cardboard, paper, plastic, metal, used cooking oil, discarded petroleum products, bad puns, and the list goes on.

Seeing how much they recycle, I honestly think Disney doesn't get nearly the amount of due credit for their efforts. Heck, I've even got a paper recycling bin next to my desk for office paper, which gets emptied twice a week.
    Last edited by RiversOfAmerica; 01-21-2012 at 11:13 PM.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    The Disneyland Resort sets an amazing example at recycling. The backstage areas have numerous recycling bins for ....., bad puns, and the list goes on.
    Then the bins should be really full.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast