Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strollers???

Strollers???

I will be taking my 2 kids to Disneyland this will be my sons first time!! he will be 14mo and my daughter will be 3 I want to get them a side by side stroller what is the best one for Disneyland is your opinion?? Thanks

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Strollers???

Tandem stroller, please. Easier on the rest of the guests.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

The tandems are hard to push and do not turn well I have one and I HATE it!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Tandem stroller, please. Easier on the rest of the guests.
    Not just easier on the other guests - it will be easier for the OP to get through doors, crowds, lines, etc. with the narrower stroller.

• Circle of Ancients

We had a Tandem stroller for YEARS. Loved it. Tried the side-by-side and HATED it.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

While I no longer have small children, I concur with the tandem stroller. Side by sides take up a lot of walkway, and if its a crowded day they are hard to maneuver around the throngs of people. Plus as ttintagle said, getting through doors, etc can be a challenge. The smaller and lighter you can get away with the better.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• ******** Gold Member

Do they have double deckers? just kidding. Those side-by-side strollers are a huge obstacle in moving crowds; but you have to do what works best for you & your children. Have fun!!!

• formerly very helpful

Will you be the only adult? I ask because in my experience, we liked using two umbrella strollers. They were light, easy to fold up, and if my wife and I wanted to separate, we could each take one child with us. We even got clips that could connect the two umbrella strollers together. Worked well for us.

yes my husband will be deployed when we go so it will just be me to push. I know the side by sides are wider then the tandem but they are making them smaller so they will fit through doors now

• Dont make me unfriend you

I guessed from your name that you might be going too Disneyland without CavHusband. Thank you for all you do and your sacrifice. God bless you while CavHusband is gone.

God bless and protect CavHusband until he comes back home.

Sorry I can't help more with the stroller question. Our large stroller was one seat in front of the other. But then the kids fight for the front seat....

Have you looked into the Sit and Stand Strollers? They are a bit smaller than the standard tandem stroller, and it gives your three year old a little more freedom. Any way you decide to go, I'm sure it will be great. Good luck!!!

If your children are 1 and 3, it seems that you're probably not really going for their benefit so much as your own. By the sounds of things, you're going to be going by yourself, and I cannot imagine that taking care of two babies by yourself in Disneyland would make for a very pleasurable experience. If you want to go to Disneyland, why not find a sitter or relatives to take care of the kids? If you do you can probably enjoy yourself much more, and have some doubtlessly much-needed time to yourself. There is no obligation to take children to Disneyland when they are too young to appreciate it or remember it. Why not wait to take them until they are old enough for everyone to enjoy it together, them and your husband included?

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gross View Post
    If your children are 1 and 3, it seems that you're probably not really going for their benefit so much as your own. By the sounds of things, you're going to be going by yourself, and I cannot imagine that taking care of two babies by yourself in Disneyland would make for a very pleasurable experience. If you want to go to Disneyland, why not find a sitter or relatives to take care of the kids? If you do you can probably enjoy yourself much more, and have some doubtlessly much-needed time to yourself. There is no obligation to take children to Disneyland when they are too young to appreciate it or remember it. Why not wait to take them until they are old enough for everyone to enjoy it together, them and your husband included?
    WARNING COMMENT MIGHT OFFEND---

Pardon me but I find this post to be offensive and rude to the OP. (IMHO)
    Many parents take their young children to the park. Many SINGLE parents take their young children to the park. Her husband being deployed and unable to make the trip is by no means a reason for her not to take their children on vacation. If the main part of this argument is that the children will not remember or understand the experience there is much debate for that reasoning, to be saved for a different thread. I remember my trip when I was three, not all of it but some really great portions of it.

This mother is trying to do what all parents do, give their children something special. Kudos to her for taking this on. She was simply asking some parents who have experienced this before to give some helpful tips. That is what MC is all about. Not tell her the experience would be more pleasurable with out her children. Or suggesting she find a sitter for her children while she goes on vacation. The point is to see the kids laugh, smile and enjoy themselves. That's what makes it enjoyable for the parents.

Folks feel free to dis agree with me, or feel offended by my comments. I have never posted a negative comment on this board and I don't intend to make this a regular thing. This just really upset me.

So back to the OPs question-In Our experience at the parks with children (not our own but nieces, nephews and such) The strollers that are side by side, but only have 3 wheels are easier to maneuver. The ones that are like "phil and teds double tandem stroller" are comfortable and smaller than others. They also have some storage space. You want to keep in mind there are tight areas, ques and door ways, and the CMs will have to manuever the stroller as well when they are parked outside attractions. Pushing through crowds is difficult but a mother's will is like no other.

Here is hoping your vacation is fun, not to stressful and most of all memorable.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    Sorry I can't help more with the stroller question. Our large stroller was one seat in front of the other. But then the kids fight for the front seat....
    The 14-month-old isn't going to put up much of a fight!

• At the bottom

I personally would avoid side by side strollers as well. For Disneyland you want to think narrow and agile as possible for moving around in tight spaces like stores, restaurants, and crowds.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast