Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Re: Does anyone else wish they would get rid of the Finding Nemo Ride?

Sssoooo Ariel's Undersea Adventure doesn't follow the storyline of the movie well enough and people get worked up about it, yet people are also worked up that Nemo isn't different enough from the movie?

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    They do mention 'special technology' - they talk about the special hydrophone...

Thanks. It's been years since I've been in that "attraction"
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by loungefly97 View Post
    Sssoooo Ariel's Undersea Adventure doesn't follow the storyline of the movie well enough and people get worked up about it, yet people are also worked up that Nemo isn't different enough from the movie?
    No - there is a difference between 'changing the story' (not following the storyline of the movie well enough) and MANGLING the story. One is a different storyline, the other is a story left in a mess.

The complaints about TLM are about the hacked up confusing story progression. The complaint isn't about abbreviation - it's in their execution.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Just as a fun idea that I had while reading this thread that I know would never EVER happen: If the Robert Zemeckis "Yellow Submarine" adaptation had gone through, using imagery and the Beatles' songs from the movie would've been pretty fun. I know that, even if the movie did get made, the Submarines wouldn't ever have been themed to that movie. It was just a fun idea I had.

• Minion

So I was reading over post about Nemo, and i came across a post by disneylandfan95.I cant quote him/her because im on my phone.

he recomended that instead of retelling the story, It can be a guide of the oceans lead by the characters from Nemo. Obviously his name draws in the crowds and it can be a goid idea

Nope...while I enjoyed the original Submarine Voyage, I always enjoy riding this new version.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    No - there is a difference between 'changing the story' (not following the storyline of the movie well enough) and MANGLING the story. One is a different storyline, the other is a story left in a mess.

The complaints about TLM are about the hacked up confusing story progression. The complaint isn't about abbreviation - it's in their execution.
    well said
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    ... my personal take on it is something was taken away that I got a tremendous amount of joy from, and replaced with something that I get little or no pleasure from. So to me, that makes for a diminshed experience.
    However, that's strictly a personal take, and not an objective one. For every one of you, there is at least one (or more) people who would say that they get more joy out of the current Finding Nemo subs than the old Subs. So for them, they would say that the current subs are an increased experience, not a diminshed one. So no single person's take on a ride or show can accurately rate that ride or show as a whole. There are rides that I loved, but are gone, because not many people agreed with me. Does that mean it was wrong for them to remove the ride? And should I expect Disney to deprive the majority of people who would enjoy a revamped ride just because I like it the way it was? Of course not! The answer to both of those questions is 100% no.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567