Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Arista

Does anyone else wish they would get rid of the Finding Nemo Ride?

I remember when I was little and they still had the other undersea ride, and there were actresses that swam in the water and played mermaids. I always wanted to be one of those girls, and I am annoyed by the Nemo ride they have now. It's rather boring to me. What do you think? Should they do something else with it? And what?
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Does anyone else wish they would get rid of the Finding Nemo Ride?

I don't think a "from-scratch" removal is warranted, specifically...but personally, yes, I'd like to see the Nemo story and video screens gone in favor of going full on Captain Nemo/20,000 Leagues story like Florida used to have and DisneySea currently uses. Likelihood of that happening? Near zero...but I would welcome that greatly over the current "retelling the Nemo movie story" use rather than the more liberal adaptation with emphasis on environment the other Disney historical/current Submarine rides feature.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

as much as i liked the old ride better than nemo, i am just happy there is a sub ride at all. i think the kids enjoy it and that is what is important. although i do agree it is not at the top of my MUST RIDE list.

• Disneyland History Lover

I don't wish that they'd get rid of the subs. A new theme? Absolutely. It's still a unique ride, and I'd hate to see them do away with it though in favor of nothing. It'd be a true shame if what happened to the Florida subs happened at DL.

• Insomniac

If they ever do kick Nemo out of Tomorrowland, how about a ride that is actually futuristic? The original was not futuristic, Nemo is definetely not futuristic, why can't Tomorrowland be about tomorrow? Nemo was WDI's ride idea that would sell merchandise, which I understand, but it's not futuristic. It's not adventurous, it's not scientific,it's not even cute it's just blah.

Id love if the revived the Sci-Fi Tomorrowland idea. Make the subs an exploration sub into a mysterious frozen ocean of one of the moons of Jupiter, make it a journey into the future where global warming has caused mankind to build underwater cities, make it a science expedition to the center of the earth... Anything that would actually fit the theme of Tomorrowland! I'm sure they could include a character tie in of some kind if they really tried but Nemo was the easiest way to bring it back and sell merchandise at the same time. It was built because it was easy and no one in WDI ever thought bout how out of theme the idea really is.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by PacificMermaid View Post
    I remember when I was little and they still had the other undersea ride, and there were actresses that swam in the water and played mermaids. I always wanted to be one of those girls, and I am annoyed by the Nemo ride they have now. It's rather boring to me. What do you think? Should they do something else with it? And what?
    How old were you when there were real mermaids there?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    How old were you when there were real mermaids there?
    Thinking the same thing.

I think the real mermaids were there very soon after opening, so early 60's. Not sure how long they lasted.

EDIT: at least through 1967. Look! Auditioning to be Submarine Voyage mermaids!

Last edited by Mojave; 01-20-2012 at 07:30 PM.

• Goofy

nah, it may be not the greatest ride ever but its still nice to see a submarine ride. i enjoy going down under the submarine ride to escape reality.

• Banned User

Fire away.... But I love the Nemo Subs.

Why can't Tommorowland be about tomorrow? Because tomorrow has a bad habit of changing too quickly to be financially successful in a theme park. Take a walk through Yesterland and look how many times Tomorrowlnad has had to be redone compared to other lands.

• Insomniac

^^Just because Disney went cheap on 90% of the Tomorrowland attraction in the past does not mean its the themes fault. Rides last if they are done up to quality. The people mover could still be there if it was slightly updated once in awhile, the rocket to the moon could still be there, the skyway could still be there, the list goes on and on. Disney cheaped out on all of these rides and instead of keeping them up to date and refreshing them (something pirates, haunted mansion, ect get all the time) decided to remove them. Tomorrowland '98 was the worst attempt to refresh it! Just because Disney screwed up big time does not mean they couldn't take the theme and make it successful!
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

•   
    • Minion

I like the subs too. I have never seen the Nemo film so that doesn't affect me that much either way...I think the scenery under water is still pretty. I'm just grateful we have the subs...they could have been ripped out the way the WDW ones were.

• Production Designer

I actually think the Nemo subs is a great ride for kids. First time riding it, I was very impressed with the technology and presentation. However, I wouldn't mind seeing it go. It really is a ride that you go on once or twice and it's done. I can't remember the last time I went on it. It's still getting long lines today.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^Just because Disney went cheap on 90% of the Tomorrowland attraction in the past does not mean its the themes fault. Rides last if they are done up to quality. The people mover could still be there if it was slightly updated once in awhile, the rocket to the moon could still be there, the skyway could still be there, the list goes on and on. Disney cheaped out on all of these rides and instead of keeping them up to date and refreshing them ... Just because Disney screwed up big time does not mean they couldn't take the theme and make it successful!
    Totally agree

---------- Post added 01-20-2012 at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    It's still getting long lines today.
    Amazed that it still does
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

I'm part of the minority that actually really likes this ride. My 6 yr old consistently skips this ride but I actually find it charming and cute. I really like Bruce and the bombs portion of the ride and looking for starfish.

Would I mind seeing it go, not if it's just going to be an empty lagoon again, maybe if they changed it up to something more futuristic. Would I rather have this or the old Subs theme ride, probably Nemo.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast