Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Talking Disneyland Kennel ...Ever tried it?

I was just curious if anybody on here has tried the Disneyland Kennel. Was it a good place?
    Is it accomodating for most animals? I have only seen a few people with their dogs and cats their, and was curious if anyone had good experiences with this. Thanks for the help!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Kennel ...Ever tried it?

Deogee went once, and it wasn't bad...

It cost $15 and comes with a free meal (choice of dry or canned). You tell them what time to feed the animal.

The staff will not handle the animal, so you will go back and place the pet in the actual cage. They will give the pet water thru a slot in the cage.

You should go back every few hours to walk your pet, they have an exercise area, where you are expected to clean up after your animal.

When you leave, the pet gets a special certificate.

Pets are welcome on the parking trams, or you can walk them thru the Downtown Disney area.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Still wants to be a cat!

Tictoc...are you bringing down animals soon? Just curious, you've got quite a brood!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Senior Minion

I was just trying to get an idea of how many people actually use the Kennel. I realize that not everyone wants to deal with an animal on their vacation.
    I have always wondered in case I can't get my dog into my favorite Kennel up here. Darkbeer, do you know if you have to show any certified papers for vaccinations and shots? I tried calling but the lines were busy.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Hmph! I know I'd sure like ta try usin' that kennel whenever I goes ta Dizzyland! Got a sister who looks 'n ACTS just like a dang dog all the time!! Trouble is, they don't got a cage big 'nuff ta hold the dirty tramp! Always gotta be followin' the bone, she does!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    ORGOCH: Hmph! I know I'd sure like ta try usin' that kennel whenever I goes ta Dizzyland! Got a sister who looks 'n ACTS just like a dang dog all the time!! Trouble is, they don't got a cage big 'nuff ta hold the dirty tramp! Always gotta be followin' the bone, she does!
    Now that's the best response I have heard! If I get the chance I will let you know how it goes ladies.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Just be careful ya don't end up goin' ta the dogs yer OWN dang self, Tic Toc, ducklin'!

ORWEN: Oh, my! What would Cruella De Ville say?!

• Guardian Construct

You should have to show up to date rabies and kennal cough as this is requierd by california. If they dont ask for it i would not take my dog as its easy to spred the cough and a pain to get ride of once your dog has it.

my dog hates kennels but for some reason has a good time in Disneyland.
    He even walks into tha cage. Ialways take a blanket and toy and ask for a cage in the front so he could look out the window.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I tried to kennel my mom there once but they just wouldnt take her!!

Actually I did have friends keep their dog their once and they had no problems.

• Senior Minion

I always keep up my Dogs regular shots and paperwork current in case I do have a trip planned. That way I'm not looking for a vet a couple of days before for a trip.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

While we had the shot record, they did not ask for it.

In fact, we waited until Deogee got the Bordatella (sp?) immunization before we allowed him to go to the DL kennel.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

i'm sure you already know this, but wanted to add that the Disneyland Kennel does not keep pets overnight, so you must also make sure that you find accomodations that will accept animals (other than service animals). some hotels do, with a minimal cleaning deposit.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    While we had the shot record, they did not ask for it.

In fact, we waited until Deogee got the Bordatella (sp?) immunization before we allowed him to go to the DL kennel.
    Yea the spelling is right. Well I made sure this month because my beagle had his rabies shot recently.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MinionLumbo
    i'm sure you already know this, but wanted to add that the Disneyland Kennel does not keep pets overnight, so you must also make sure that you find accomodations that will accept animals (other than service animals). some hotels do, with a minimal cleaning deposit.
    Yea I got through finally and the CM said that he could be there up until a half and hour after closing. Actually their are no hotels that are close that take animals. Even Orbitz.com info was out of date. Econo lodge used too take pets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast