• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool 1st APs of 2012 to Riding on the Lilly Belle--Photo Heavy start to the new year

We started 2012 by activating the first new APs of the year early on January 1st. And if Jack Lindquist can pick the 1st guest to WDW based upon a profile, and not the guy that was actually 1st, I will maintain this claim even if shown evidence to the contrary. If need be, I will employ the Chewbacca defense, as well.

First time on the new ST for us (e were told first flight from Gate D in 2012, man, this is going to get old), and definitely found all the versions we encountered to be a lot of fun (I think the movies are a bit overrated, but the ride superb, which is why I don't much worry myself over an attraction's orgin).
    Name:  ST-Droids-sm.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  54.3 KB

My Pop Tart had worn off by the time we hit HMH mid-morning, and the ballroom scent made me hungry.
    Name:  GingerHouse-sm.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  74.4 KB

Went at night, too.
    Name:  HM-Night-sm.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  68.9 KB

At the Billy's 1st show of the year, we were in the stage box (So tempting to ask him to take a pic of US while he was there).
    Name:  Billy-Box-smA.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  100.9 KB

There were actually others in the park those days we visited, so we just took it slow when it got too bad and did things like ride the Mark Twain and explore the Treehouse at night.

Name:  MarkTwain04-sm.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  84.8 KBName:  MarkTwain05-sm.jpg
Size:  52.0 KBName:  MarkTwain02-sm.jpg
Views: 1172
Size:  82.8 KBName:  MarkTwain03-sm.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  99.8 KBName:  MarkTwain01-sm.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  99.5 KB

Name:  TreehouseBridge-sm.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  88.2 KBName:  TreehouseUJack-sm.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  74.9 KBName:  TreehouseROA-sm.jpg
Size:  100.6 KBName:  Tarzan-sm.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  53.6 KBName:  RosieO_Gorilla-sm.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  66.5 KB

Around the Hub we looked at reflections, unaccompanied backpacks, and even used the (shhhhhhhh....it's a secret).
    Name:  CastleReflection-sm.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  125.0 KBName:  McGruff-sm.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  107.0 KBName:  SecretBathroom-sm.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  74.0 KB

We rode the Horseless Carriage (which curiously stops at a hitching post), listened to the dentist while waiting for ice cream, and forgot the little castle lighting, then saw it accidentally which was cooler than being there intentionally somehow).

Name:  HorselessCarriage-sm.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  76.3 KBName:  Dentist-sm.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  91.5 KBName:  CastleNight-sm.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  66.4 KB

Now I think we can all agree that constantly playing "When you wish upon a star your dreams come true" constitutes a binding contract by the Walt Disney Company. Nevertheless, even though I wished upon a star that there would be no ice cream line right before the fireworks on an unseasonably hot day, there was in fact, a line. Did Goofy ever do a how to be a lawyer film? Here are a couple af random things while we figure that out.

Name:  AL_Tikis-sm.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  61.8 KBName:  BTM-AM-sm.jpg
Size:  93.3 KBName:  BTM-twilight-sm.jpg
Size:  58.7 KB

When you take pics, you work with what you get. If there's a big crowd, take a picture of a big crowd. A dragon or something is bound to show up eventually.
    Name:  F_Crowd-sm.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  71.9 KBName:  Murphy-smA.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  59.6 KB

Our big treat was riding in the Lilly Belle just before leaving on the 4th.
    Name:  LB-entrance-sm.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  86.7 KBName:  LB-GCynr-sm.jpg
Views: 1156
Size:  81.3 KBName:  LB-interior-sm.jpg
Size:  82.2 KBName:  LB-tabledetailr-sm.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  60.3 KBName:  LB-WaltPicr-sm.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  92.5 KB

Hope your year started good, too.
    Name:  Stair-Portrait-sm.jpg
Size:  128.9 KB

Oh yeah. Anyone ever pull on a door handle in the castle walkthrough? It's worth doing; I had no idea.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Minion

Re: 1st APs of 2012 to Riding on the Lilly Belle--Photo Heavy start to the new year

Great trip report

• formerly very helpful

Re: 1st APs of 2012 to Riding on the Lilly Belle--Photo Heavy start to the new year

Very nice report. Great photos.

Nice pics! I love the castle reflection. I agree, it's much better when you accidentally catch the castle lighting:-) We did that once in November and it was magical.

Great TR Thanks for sharing.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: 1st APs of 2012 to Riding on the Lilly Belle--Photo Heavy start to the new year

Quote Originally Posted by daffodilklown View Post
    Nice pics! I love the castle reflection. I agree, it's much better when you accidentally catch the castle lighting:-) We did that once in November and it was magical.
    Thanks. Took a lot of those reflections. The water was so smooth that without flowers or something in foreground it just looked like an upside down photo.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

• Minion

grate i have yet to ride in lil bell am going to that next trip
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Great pictures, you look like you guys had a lot of fun! ((even with the crowds))

In March the kids and I are going to take my mom to Disneyland. They kids have never went with her and she hasn't been in like 12 years. I haven't rode the Lilly Belle yet and am waiting to do it with my mom. I know you have to get there early to get tickets for it, but I forget where do you go?

city hall for lilly belle tickets...and be very very flexible. sometimes it's not running or not available.

• "The Musical Quil"

Great report! Thanks for sharing.
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: 1st APs of 2012 to Riding on the Lilly Belle--Photo Heavy start to the new year

We actually signed up for the LB at Main St. Station right at opening. I'd asked a DLRR CM named Heather the day before, and that's what she advised us to do. Another helpful CM named Brian had a pad the next morning with a few time slots (I think there are 3 per day) 2 hours apart. We were first and wanted the first slot anyway (10 on an 8AM opening) so I don't know if one gets a choice, but would think you could. There were a couple of other families with us. You can sign the log book, and there was an album with old B&Ws of Walt, Roy, et al. The novels seem authentic, but were attached.
    Name:  LB-album-sm.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  76.3 KBName:  LB-log-sm.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  63.9 KBName:  LB-novels2-sm.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  84.0 KB

Good luck to all to experience this. It's great that there are opportunities for personal, intimate moments like this even in a park with holiday crowds. You can't expect one every hour, but they're really special when they come along. Thanks for looking, and thanks to Heather and Brian.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!